RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Naki

Shares avaible to a Thorn Park Filly

We a shares available in a lovely Thorn park filly out of listed winner Grace Park. She is a yearling and doesn't come with a right of purchase.

Shares are $50 a week for a 10%. There are no buy in costs and your weekly payment will cover everything.

She doesn't come with a Right Of Purchase.

She will be trained in New Plymouth by Janelle Millar.

Please email palm.view.racing@gmail.com for more information.

I look forward to receiving you enquires

Jay Millar

Our average monthly bill is around $1500 a month. Our shares are this price to allow the account to build up to help cover future extra unforeseen costs such as vet bills.

Any money left in the account gets paid back after the horses final bill.

200 a month per 10% share is normal and is what we pay. Costs 1800 a month for trainer and sometimes we have upto $600 in other costs - jumpouts, races, transport etc etc. Luckily the account builds up during spells as $2000 a month nowhere near covers a horse that is racing

if its a yearling it hasnt been broken in so costs for the next 1-2 years wouldnt be that much. $38 a day =$1140 + shoeing $90 + track fees $35 = $1265 sometimes there is dentist but not always

most trainers charge way to much per day and for travel, also heard of people charging for gear hire! thats what makes it expensive. if you take 5 horses in your truck 3 hours down the road how could you charge $100 per horse?? it wouldnt cost $500 for fuel ,time and wear and tear.

not saying you are charging this just my example from past experiance

if your got a good horse you wouldnt care if you paid big money as long as its winning big races but you wouldnt want a average horses in your average stable but paying big money for it. if you get what i mean.....

$2000 a month is very reasonable, as a kitty needs to be built so you are not having to go back and ask for more money. Nek Mintute at $1200/1300 a month I would question wether my horse is being feed and looked after properly, because at that price shortcuts are probably being taken

I pay much closer to the $1200 per month training fees for my horses in work. I know they are fed very well and he performed right up to expectations winning his debut 2yo race at Wanganui at the beginning of this month. The trainer also figures very highly on the strike rate award season after season. I do not get any "extra costs" other than the usual - farrier, if any vets costs and track fees.

it's a tough business for horse trainers especially with the stake money here in NZ. Wayne first trained a winner for me in 1991 when maideners were running around for $7k and training fees were half of what they are today.

it's unfortunate for Wayne but hopefully my boy is "off" to Hong Kong because we cannot afford to keep racing here in NZ for the stake money on offer - as much as we love racing horses

$2000 a month is very reasonable, as a kitty needs to be built so you are not having to go back and ask for more money. Nek Mintute at $1200/1300 a month I would question wether my horse is being feed and looked after properly, because at that price shortcuts are probably being taken[/QUOT

i just budget well and dont charge the earth. ive had 2 wins in the last month from my very small team so i must be looking after them enough. do alot myself and have no hidden costs. tell me why do trainers in the north charge from 50-90 per day and south island charge 38-55 and they still race for mostly the same stake and daily costs wouldnt be that diffrent??

you sound a very practical person and good on you, i have also queried charges in the north. I am going to stick my neck out here and say there are some in the north who think they are above everyone else with their knowledge about horses, why they have this superior attitude belies belief, this may be the reason in some cases why charges are higher, but I also have to say not all are like this, thank goodness.

if its a yearling it hasnt been broken in so costs for the next 1-2 years wouldnt be that much. $38 a day =$1140 + shoeing $90 + track fees $35 = $1265 sometimes there is dentist but not always

most trainers charge way to much per day and for travel, also heard of people charging for gear hire! thats what makes it expensive. if you take 5 horses in your truck 3 hours down the road how could you charge $100 per horse?? it wouldnt cost $500 for fuel ,time and wear and tear.

not saying you are charging this just my example from past experiance

Sounds like the horse has been broken in. Are these SI costs?

i just budget well and dont charge the earth. ive had 2 wins in the last month from my very small team so i must be looking after them enough. do alot myself and have no hidden costs. tell me why do trainers in the north charge from 50-90 per day and south island charge 38-55 and they still race for mostly the same stake and daily costs wouldnt be that diffrent??

I'll think you will find that farriers are cheaper in the S/I along with horse feed, which is usually bought up from the S/I, to the N/I, hence the price of feed is dearer up here, the furrther up the island the more the feed must cost i expect.

Most Grain & Oaten Chaff come from the S/I.

I'll think you will find that farriers are cheaper in the S/I along with horse feed, which is usually bought up from the S/I, to the N/I, hence the price of feed is dearer up here, the furrther up the island the more the feed must cost i expect.

Most Grain & Oaten Chaff come from the S/I.

I think you will find most now feed pre pack eg mitavite. this is dearer in the southdue to cartage as is dunstan so your theory that feed is cheaper in SI may not be so.

I pay much closer to the $1200 per month training fees for my horses in work. I know they are fed very well and he performed right up to expectations winning his debut 2yo race at Wanganui at the beginning of this month. The trainer also figures very highly on the strike rate award season after season. I do not get any "extra costs" other than the usual - farrier, if any vets costs and track fees.

it's a tough business for horse trainers especially with the stake money here in NZ. Wayne first trained a winner for me in 1991 when maideners were running around for $7k and training fees were half of what they are today.

it's unfortunate for Wayne but hopefully my boy is "off" to Hong Kong because we cannot afford to keep racing here in NZ for the stake money on offer - as much as we love racing horses

I was present the day she won her first race, our horse was the second winner for the stable that day....just a shame the third runner couldnt quite oblige as the all up would have filled a chaff sack.

Good trainers, great people, and best value trainers in NZ bar none.