RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
joseph

Dead Heats at Te Aroha

2 different dead heats on one raceday are rare enough, having 1 trainer involved in both, yup thats rare and I for one cannot think of that ever happening before.

I was there at Te Aroha at all places the day when Ken and Ann Browne went what I think is one better having their own horses deat heat in a steeplechase of all things for first.

2 different dead heats on one raceday are rare enough, having 1 trainer involved in both, yup thats rare and I for one cannot think of that ever happening before.

I was there at Te Aroha at all places the day when Ken and Ann Browne went what I think is one better having their own horses deat heat in a steeplechase of all things for first.

I bred him so I was happy!!

I was playing golf at Kingston Heath in Melbourne with a friend and in the group behind us was his wife and 3 other ladies.

On the toughest Par 3, my friend had a hole-in-one, his first. After the round he waited with us in the bar having shouted all and sundry because of his ace. The group behind us arrived after having powdered their noses, only to announce quite excitedly that my friends wife had had a hole-in-one on the same hole!! Needless to say, she also had to shout the bar.

On to racing, the best deadheat ever seen was the Great Northern Steeple between Smart Hunter and Sir Avion. After 6400m and 3 times over the Ellerslie Hill, a deadheat. To make it more memorable, they were at least 8 widths apart at the line yet Keith Haub put his gonads on the line and called it " a deadheat". Not "it could go either way" like most commentators say, but, "ITS A DEADHEAT". What a classic race and a classic call by one of the best.

On to racing, the best deadheat ever seen was the Great Northern Steeple between Smart Hunter and Sir Avion. After 6400m and 3 times over the Ellerslie Hill, a deadheat. To make it more memorable, they were at least 8 widths apart at the line yet Keith Haub put his gonads on the line and called it " a deadheat". Not "it could go either way" like most commentators say, but, "ITS A DEADHEAT". What a classic race and a classic call by one of the best.

Of equal significance, there was barely a cigarette paper between them for the entire race. It was the most appropriate result I can ever remember in a race.

I bred him so I was happy!!

well the world get smaller.....

In the other dead heat race yesterday, Gerard Petersons horse is part owned by a friend & client...two dead heats, one horse in each dead heat trained by same trainer, one horse in each dead heat had connections who know each other.

Better buy a Lotto ticket.

And even smaller

I have a half-sister (by Soviet Star) to Rapide, the dam of Cops 'N' Coyote who was involved in the second dead heat.

Out of that dam I have an Occidental Tourist filly with Occidental Tourist being the sire of Catchitifyoucan who was involved in the first dead heat.

:)

Sadly, I reckon that if they applied the same technology to these dead-heats as what was applied to get a result on the first Tuesday of last November - these wouldn't have been dead-heats either!!!

That was a real travesty in my opinion. After two miles, to insist on separating two fantastic horses in a historic finish by a digital pixel was unnecessarily pedantic and cruel to the 'losing' horse and connections. Both fully deserved the victory. Just my opinion.

Sadly, I reckon that if they applied the same technology to these dead-heats as what was applied to get a result on the first Tuesday of last November - these wouldn't have been dead-heats either!!!

That was a real travesty in my opinion. After two miles, to insist on separating two fantastic horses in a historic finish by a digital pixel was unnecessarily pedantic and cruel to the 'losing' horse and connections. Both fully deserved the victory. Just my opinion.

Technology gone too far....

And even smaller

I have a half-sister (by Soviet Star) to Rapide, the dam of Cops 'N' Coyote who was involved in the second dead heat.

Out of that dam I have an Occidental Tourist filly with Occidental Tourist being the sire of Catchitifyoucan who was involved in the first dead heat.

Blimey, join the lotto queue!

I sold Rapide to the Vallances who stand Colombia - I have a share in him, sadly she hasn't held to 2 matings to him.