RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo

Black Sardine (aus) v the worst field she has EVER raced

There are a few medalists on here.

You know Pogo. Even Peter Moody has stated that Black Caviar has no real competition over in the UK. So why go? He has also stated that the connections have had their arm twisted to go up there by Royal Ascot."

Throw the horse on the plane, get treated like Royalty and enjoy the experience and hopefully Black Caviar travels well and no harm comes from the experience.

Well..... that is how I read it. It has nothing to do with proving anything on the racetrack. A win is already forecast. How bad is that?

would you expect anything less?? ;)

There are a few medalists on here.

You know Pogo. Even Peter Moody has stated that Black Caviar has no real competition over in the UK. So why go? He has also stated that the connections have had their arm twisted to go up there by Royal Ascot."

Throw the horse on the plane, get treated like Royalty and enjoy the experience and hopefully Black Caviar travels well and no harm comes from the experience.

Well..... that is how I read it. It has nothing to do with proving anything on the racetrack. A win is already forecast. How bad is that?

''

it would have been terrific to see her take on frankel over a mile, unfortunately maintaining or should i say ensuring an unbeaten record is the priority...

luckily the great aussie champion phar lap's connections were not worried about defeat when they went overseas..

but I'd also take Lee Freedman's opinion over yours. ]

Yeah I read that and don't forget Gai Waterhouse. All supportive Australians - what do you expect?

So a brain is only required, 1 to how many Australians?

Yeah I read that and don't forget Gai Waterhouse. All supportive Australians - what do you expect?

So a brain is only required, 1 to how many Australians?

:D

Black Caviar is the equal highest rated filly or mare in Timeform's history. ;)

No doubt you'll find an Australian who's responsible for her Timeform rating. :D :D :D

You will probably be right, Lloyd :) BUT for three years in succession? What are the odds on that? ]

Having it accomplished it once [ and I'm assuming at this point] it will almost certainly be a 'oncer.' She is the most valuable broodmare in Australasia [ some may think elsewhere too] and most certainly is in her last year of racing. TT was a grand old GELDING and certainly broke new ground in even taking them on at Ascot. However, as Ted has pointed out earlier, he was only able to WIN once over there - so let's wait and see how well BC does and just enjoy every minute of it while it lasts! :)

Having it accomplished it once [ and I'm assuming at this point] it will almost certainly be a 'oncer.' She is the most valuable broodmare in Australasia [ some may think elsewhere too] and most certainly is in her last year of racing. TT was a grand old GELDING and certainly broke new ground in even taking them on at Ascot. However, as Ted has pointed out earlier, he was only able to WIN once over there - so let's wait and see how well BC does and just enjoy every minute of it while it lasts! :)

Make no bones about it Lloyd I will be as excited as the next person watching Black Caviar win. Yes, TT was a grand old gelding and sure he may have only won, one race (the Kings Stand Stakes) but to back up 4 days later in the Golden Jubilee Stakes to finish third was an impressive effort that shouldn't be overlooked. (I think)

I will be watching 'the racing' from Ascot over the meeting this month. We enthusiasts wouldn't be doing anything else, would we? I would be dishonest if I said the only race I was interested in was the Diamond Jubilee Stakes. (These Jubilee Stakes races are hard to keep tabs on ;) )

Make no bones about it Lloyd I will be as excited as the next person watching Black Caviar win. Yes, TT was a grand old gelding and sure he may have only won, one race (the Kings Stand Stakes) but to back up 4 days later in the Golden Jubilee Stakes to finish third was an impressive effort that shouldn't be overlooked. (I think)

I will be watching 'the racing' from Ascot over the meeting this month. We enthusiasts wouldn't be doing anything else, would we? I would be dishonest if I said the only race I was interested in was the Diamond Jubilee Stakes. (These Jubilee Stakes races are hard to keep tabs on ]

Jane,

I am not getting in to the argument of who is best (and I do understand Pogos' beef is about the circus, not the horse), but you seem to be putting an unbalanced amount of weighting on the ability to 'back up'.

An admirable quality sure, but there has been many many other horses that can out punch TOT on that count. Not champions, just good tough horses.

And there have been plenty of champions in the past that have been carefully handled too, so not sure if bringing durability in to the argument is that relative.

I suppose somehow you or your mate will read in to this that I am putting TOT down from your past track record, but be assured that is not my point.

Jane,

I am not getting in to the argument of who is best (and I do understand Pogos' beef is about the circus, not the horse), but you seem to be putting an unbalanced amount of weighting on the ability to 'back up'.

An admirable quality sure, but there has been many many other horses that can out punch TOT on that count. Not champions, just good tough horses.

And there have been plenty of champions in the past that have been carefully handled too, so not sure if bringing durability in to the argument is that relative.

I suppose somehow you or your mate will read in to this that I am putting TOT down from your past track record, but be assured that is not my point.

Fair enough Alf. I have a soft spot for horses who can do it year in, year out. So durability whilst not being relative is an admirable trait.... I think.

Fair enough Alf. I have a soft spot for horses who can do it year in, year out. So durability whilst not being relative is an admirable trait.... I think.

100% agree with that Jane - I like em tough too.

The one that always sticks in my mind for toughness is Brockton (spelling correct?)

Wins the Great Northern Hurdle on Saturday and then the Steeple on Monday. Tough and versatile !!!!!!

There have been a few others with similar feats and rather than bash this tired subject around anymore I would love to see a thread with 'rate your toughest ever'.

Maybe you could start it?

Cheers

Phil

I think that these Aussie sprinters weren't too bad Jane ;)

Luskin Star 17 starts 13 wins

Emancipation 28 starts 19 wins

Placid Ark 21 starts 14 wins

Rubiton 16 starts 10 wins

Vain 14 starts 12 wins

Zedative 17 starts 14 wins

How many races do you think Frankel will have?

If durability and toughness floats your boat Jane then look no further than Grey Way who raced from 2ys to a 9yo. 164 starts for 51 wins, 27 seconds and 21 thirds.

for Sir Slick then Jane??

Thank god you and Graeme Nicholson don't train Black Caviar. :eek: :D

She would've run in 3 Melbourne Cups and a Great Northern by now. :D

Imagine how much he would be worth at Stud?

Probably sod all - Takeover Target was by Celtic Swing (GB) - not an exceptional sire. His only Grp 1 winner has been Takeover Target.

Once again, great to have you back on air and it's a shame my pal Hay List is not at As of to provide a few thrills for the poms. With regards to Centrofold. Please be gentle with her - she has her moments. If BC was a kiwi Centrofold would be a nightmare to contain. But because she's an Aussie and she's the highest rated sprinter in the world there are some kiwis in denial of her might and power. Pogo is in awe also. But he can't bring himself to admit it.

Once again, great to have you back on air and it's a shame my pal Hay List is not at As of to provide a few thrills for the poms. With regards to Centrofold. Please be gentle with her - she has her moments. If BC was a kiwi Centrofold would be a nightmare to contain. But because she's an Aussie and she's the highest rated sprinter in the world there are some kiwis in denial of her might and power. Pogo is in awe also. But he can't bring himself to admit it.

having been trackside for 16 of her 21 victories. (I even flew to Perth & Hong Kong on the presumption she would be racing there!)

Oh well, I suppose we along with 20 million others will stay up to the early hours and toast the best sprinter we have ever seen as she casually dissects the best England has to offer in front of the Queen. ;)

for Sir Slick then Jane??

Thank god you and Graeme Nicholson don't train Black Caviar. :eek: :D

She would've run in 3 Melbourne Cups and a Great Northern by now. :D

must be the only time ive agreed with you thompson.

thank god this is not the case, id add a great northern steeple and hurdle in there, plus a few open handicaps carrying the weight of the grandstand.

must be the only time ive agreed with you thompson.

thank god this is not the case, id add a great northern steeple and hurdle in there, plus a few open handicaps carrying the weight of the grandstand.

It's Thomson not Thompson. ;)

Got that Phairless?? :D

Hi Ted,

Nice to see your well balanced and knowledgeable posts.

I some how think you may be wasting your time on Pogo though.

I have gone from initially finding some of his posts funny, to a state of annoyance, and now I actually feel sorry for him.

Muppets , funniest post ever, links to the hollows org have all got to be repetitive and somewhat boring.

I'd like to think the guy might have something better to do with his time than continuing to flog himself silly on this topic but apparently not.

Sad really.

Challenge to Pogo - leave this alone now and prove you do have a life outside Black Caviar.

I too found his posts amusing a while back but that was some time ago. One would have to look long and hard for a better example of flogging a dead horse. It'd be great if everyone had him on ignore as he'd be bereft of anything to feed on. I honestly believe someone ought to offer him some help. Put him in touch with a psychiatrist so he can work through his personality disorder and accept he has a problem. Acceptance will no doubt be the hardest part but it will be a giant leap for him. I'd surmise that he's had some kind of ill fated experience in the past, perhaps childhood where his confidence has been shot to bits and he's believed the only way to rebuild his self-esteem is to belittle others and live in his own bubble of glory where he can't possibly be wrong.

Countless people have presented well reasoned arguments to him, laid the facts bare time and time again and still he chooses to ignore them and offer small minded responses that a toddler would be proud of. Nothing will ever change his mind in a million years, you could bring together Vain, Dayjur, Manikato, a young Sacred Kingdom, Abernant and have her beat them all and he'd still find something to bemoan.

I echo your call for Pogo not to post about Black Caviar again, perhaps he and Jane could start a chatroom of your own, it'd be a match made in heaven and they could fantasize about the real champions together with no one would be there to burst their bubble of delusion!

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/80722/Messara---%27Zero%27-chance-of-Black-Caviar-losing-in-UK

well well well........

imagine that, YET i believe sales of pink lemonade and fairy floss are predicted to soar in the UK.

it$ a beautiful day.

Take this 'dear' pogo

http://www.blackcaviar.net.au/news/black-caviar-horse-care-product-range

I see is equal 5th favourite in William Hill's market for the winner with Black Cavier out.

In my mind it basically equates to a $14 quinella which seems pretty good odds or is Ortensia unlikely to take on the Diamond Jubillee?