RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
newbee

Manawatu

Well another week is gone and we still are no wiser. I was told last week by a committee person, that there will be a letter in the mail calling for a Special General Meeting on the 7th of Feb.

Is it to hard to do, or are the committee waiting for the NZGRA to step in?

Bev

In the 1700s Oliver Goldsmith wrote a very popular and successful romantic comedy called 'She Stoops To Conquer.' It involves a huge amount of deception, misleading and trickery by the leading characters and people pretending to be someone and something they really weren't and no one being entirely honest with one another]

Phil, I follow the greyhounds because I have an interest in attempting to predict the future (that is, i'm a gambler) but no longer have the time to follow trials, track ratings, jockey/driver form, the aspirations of owners and trainers etc etc etc. Greyhounds give me a decidedly condensed version of all of the above issues, allowing me to have a strategic investment without the intense amount of research required of the other codes. My point (in a time when we are all short of time) is:

this is one of your most succinct posts. It is representative of not only your knowledge of English literature but also your grasp on a situation and inherant ability to throw a contemporary spin on an age-old problem, whatever that may be.

My question is: Why do you give so much time and attention to the general forums here where the debators invariably resort to arguments of an immodest, nationalistic and belligerent bent. There are so many blogs where your ideas would be warmly welcomed and intuitively perceived. All i can think is that your name has preceded you and your efforts are one of a philanthropic intention. If that be the case, sir, you are a better man than I