RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
newbee

Manawatu

Last night at Cambridge it was mentioned that there was problems at manawatu and it might be closing, is that true or just someone stirring. Mind you we could do with more dates at Manakau.

Well as members of Manawatu, we have been told nothing. They should at least keep their members up to date with what is happening.

But as for northern clubs geting more of Cd race meetings, you have to be joking.

How about Wellington taking over, then they will have a track and we will still have our race meetings, as I think they have a very good commitee, which is wasted down there.

Then, they can show all the clubs how it should be done.

Bev

What makes U think other people with bigger heads will make a go of it.

I would like 2 tell U what the problem is.

2 many people with thoughts of thier own importance, instead of passion for the industry.

Lion.

The loss of Manawatu would be a huge blow for the industry and should not even be contemplated.There seems to be both internal and external problems there but with the CD rep now the chief honcho on the GRNZ board surely things can be sorted out to everybody's satisfaction. If need be the Minister should appoint a temporary committee to run the club while any mess is sorted out.To think Wanganui would be the only club operating in the vast CD region is unthinkable but then are a lot of other things which have happened in that neck of the woods.

sell it to the wellington club for $1 and there boys will fix it up!!!!

For Wellington,Wairarapa and Manawatu to become united and get this potential first class facility underway in a positive direction. I am sure that a new look committee could surface and achieve this if we let go of the inter club mentality that still exists. The majority want to just get on and race.Stuff the ego's,and what ever else it is that brings us to this stage.Don't expect any help from McArthur until he has his new grandstand and renamed the Park at Whanganui but with a new direction at Manawatu and solidarity he might just have to come to his senses.

For Wellington,Wairarapa and Manawatu to become united and get this potential first class facility underway in a positive direction. I am sure that a new look committee could surface and achieve this if we let go of the inter club mentality that still exists. The majority want to just get on and race.Stuff the ego's,and what ever else it is that brings us to this stage.Don't expect any help from McArthur until he has his new grandstand and renamed the Park at Whanganui but with a new direction at Manawatu and solidarity he might just have to come to his senses.

Spot on Clarkie whats the saying UNITED we stand and if not you know the answer. so for the CDs sake think about it.

cheers Jim Baird

Spot on Clarkie whats the saying UNITED we stand and if not you know the answer. so for the CDs sake think about it.

cheers Jim Baird

Bit late now Jim Wellington and Wairarapa have been squeezed shut and Manawatu are being kept down trodden by lack of funding,support etc.This all originated by the above 3 clubs trying to unite for the common good and bankrolling Wanganui.The trust and integrity has got to start from the top...yeah right.

Stop crying over spilt milk.U people down there have had time every year to get things right, and U all have to live with the results. Stop blameing every one else and accept .

Lion.

Bit late now Jim Wellington and Wairarapa have been squeezed shut and Manawatu are being kept down trodden by lack of funding,support etc.This all originated by the above 3 clubs trying to unite for the common good and bankrolling Wanganui.The trust and integrity has got to start from the top...yeah right.

Lloyd. I think by combining what strengths there are from amongst the 3 clubs and uniting all the members to work as one would have to be a positive move.

It is in my opinion the only way to go..

Have a protest outside head office with slogans etc asking for a better deal, if that is appropriate for this situation and the action deemed rational and needed by them all. Sometimes drastic measures needed to get the message across.

Jim Baird

Lloyd. I think by combining what strengths there are from amongst the 3 clubs and uniting all the members to work as one would have to be a positive move.

Clarkie I couldnt agree more.

I do feel for Ashoka. He has an excellent grasp of matters and his questions to the Board are to direct, to hot, to focused, well researchd, well evidenced and for some like John Mc Arthur to politically sensitive.

No well managed responsible club would sign off their Annual accounts when both their auditors and lawyers advised them not to. The reasons were not for bad bookeeping or possible mis apprpriation of funds by the Secretary, or misuse of grants as has been rumoured but on grounds that the new track loan agreements drafted by GRNZ were null and void or contradictory.

Manawatu still consider their 10 year old $100k loan to Wanganui is a debt due like Wellington but GRNZ wont recognise the existence of it.

GRNZ went as far as rewriting the Manawatu accounts to include the track loan and deleting the $100K to Wanganui loan.

You can understand the clubs reluctance to sign them off.?

What confuses me in the Wanganui loan saga is Mc Arthurs role in it and his inability to convince the Board to publicly acknowledge it.

John was a board member when the consultants said to do nothing about these loans was not an option. The Board was strongly advised by their Consultants that members of the Wanganui committee then and now are personally liable for $200k plus interest.

The advice which is well documented said treat it as a loan or equity which is why the ongoing denial of its existence is confusing and who would blame Ashoka for pursuing it.?.

I have always said that the future of te CD lies in an amalgamated region like RACE with the gallops.

John yoiu need to show leadership to your constituents.. Address the matter. Admit the Board failed in not treating the loans as loans to or equity in Wanganui.

Leave a positive stamp on your Presidential reign unlike Deed and heal past scars by initating a Working Group to consider amalgamation of the CD clubs for a united and better future,

The Clubs agreed to it once , they can now.

The wrongs, scars and mistrust of the past in the CD cannot be removed. However strong unbiased leadersip can turn the CD around.

John you now have a chance to succed as President where you failed as CD rep

I for one would volunteer for the Working Group, At 63 I may be to old to be accepted as an indepent Board member but I am available for the Working Group.

I trust you will accept this challenge.?

Ivan W Mc Nicholl.

Wellington.

Breeder,Owner and punter.

Stop crying over spilt milk.U people down there have had time every year to get things right, and U all have to live with the results. Stop blameing every one else and accept .

Lion.

Personally Tui I dont give a stuff about the status quo.If the NZGRA want to loose money every monday at Manawatu paying out $18,000 in stakes and $10,000 in payments ?? When there income is $15,000 thats there problem.The loser is the greyhound industry.Im going to be just like most of you and try and race a few dogs and let others worry about the stupidity and dishonesty within our industry.

Clarkie I couldnt agree more.

I do feel for Ashoka. He has an excellent grasp of matters and his questions to the Board are to direct, to hot, to focused, well researchd, well evidenced and for some like John Mc Arthur to politically sensitive.

No well managed responsible club would sign off their Annual accounts when both their auditors and lawyers advised them not to. The reasons were not for bad bookeeping or possible mis apprpriation of funds by the Secretary, or misuse of grants as has been rumoured but on grounds that the new track loan agreements drafted by GRNZ were null and void or contradictory.

Manawatu still consider their 10 year old $100k loan to Wanganui is a debt due like Wellington but GRNZ wont recognise the existence of it.

GRNZ went as far as rewriting the Manawatu accounts to include the track loan and deleting the $100K to Wanganui loan.

You can understand the clubs reluctance to sign them off.?

What confuses me in the Wanganui loan saga is Mc Arthurs role in it and his inability to convince the Board to publicly acknowledge it.

John was a board member when the consultants said to do nothing about these loans was not an option. The Board was strongly advised by their Consultants that members of the Wanganui committee then and now are personally liable for $200k plus interest.

The advice which is well documented said treat it as a loan or equity which is why the ongoing denial of its existence is confusing and who would blame Ashoka for pursuing it.?.

I have always said that the future of te CD lies in an amalgamated region like RACE with the gallops.

John yoiu need to show leadership to your constituents.. Address the matter. Admit the Board failed in not treating the loans as loans to or equity in Wanganui.

Leave a positive stamp on your Presidential reign unlike Deed and heal past scars by initating a Working Group to consider amalgamation of the CD clubs for a united and better future,

The Clubs agreed to it once , they can now.

The wrongs, scars and mistrust of the past in the CD cannot be removed. However strong unbiased leadersip can turn the CD around.

John you now have a chance to succed as President where you failed as CD rep

I for one would volunteer for the Working Group, At 63 I may be to old to be accepted as an indepent Board member but I am available for the Working Group.

I trust you will accept this challenge.?

Ivan W Mc Nicholl.

Wellington.

Breeder,Owner and punter.

Finally a post with a grasp of reality. No resolution will be forthcoming until the loans made by Wellington, Manawatu, and to a lesser extent Masterton to help build Fonganui is recognized by the NZGRA. This must happen for the parties to move on.

Clarkie there are still 5 CD clubs.Your forgetting Taranaki who wholey and soley are responsible for John MacArthur having retained his CD seat for the last 12 years anyway.They will probaly have the group 1 Taranaki Cup this year.

Nahla it is an excellent syndicate to be in, keeping head above water and I also enjoy the duel code meetings at Cambridge where I get two bites at the cherry a great night out, thanks for asking.

Clarkie there are still 5 CD clubs.Your forgetting Taranaki who wholey and soley are responsible for John MacArthur having retained his CD seat for the last 12 years anyway.They will probaly have the group 1 Taranaki Cup this year.
Thanks Lloyd, You have pinpointed the big problem that has caused all the disfunction in the central districts. The Wanganui and Taranaki clubs are virtually one entity having identical membership. The only reason the Taranaki club exists is to support the the Wanganui head honcho and ensure his tenure as the central districts representative on the nzgra board. If he is as successful as chairman of the board as he has been as a breeder and trainer of greyhounds the future of the industry looks a bit dismal

yep dogday cant figure out how you always so pro thieves on wheels and negative on everythig greyhound,and yet here you are again,youre on the wrong forum,stirrer.com.

In the 1700s Oliver Goldsmith wrote a very popular and successful romantic comedy called 'She Stoops To Conquer.' It involves a huge amount of deception, misleading and trickery by the leading characters and people pretending to be someone and something they really weren't and no one being entirely honest with one another; but everyone justifying their behaviour with a noble and appropriate outcome. With the content and title maybe he had the CD in mind, but then maybe I'm being too subtle or perhaps it's just pure coincidence.

That there are 5 clubs and that Taranaki are in MacArthurs camp for the same reason he is in theres..

Don't forget the reason he is back in though is not solely because of Taranaki but because the other 3 clubs couldn't get things together.Were you at the committee meeting when MacArthur dropped in and gave you some of his customary bulls hit? Lights?Sat nite Dates?etc etc. John States openly As long as he's in charge Wellington will never get a track.

At this stage we cannot afford to loose Manawatu track. Perhaps the 3 clubs banding together and maybe putting a legal restraint on Wanganuis proposed grandstand until the 200k plus is paid back (or suitalble arrangements like lights and new dates)would solidify things in the meantime. It would be great for the original Travelling Roadshow proposals (con) that we all got sucked into to be implemented with honest people with Integrity in charge. I can't see MacArthur having a bar of that until he achieves what he originally set out out to do by what ever means. How about in the meantime the 3 clubs and all its members that are getting shafted slowly, do something positive and lets have some action. My guess is it won't happen and Johnny Boy will Waltz his way all over the floor :) I do wish him well though because he's all we have got representing us at the highest level and we asked for it.....I do however accept Ivans suggestion of "Race" being implemented that way we could have things out in the open for all to see and that in itself would be rewarding.

Clarkie

That there are 5 clubs and that Taranaki are in MacArthurs camp for the same reason he is in theres..

Don't forget the reason he is back in though is not solely because of Taranaki but because the other 3 clubs couldn't get things together.Were you at the committee meeting when MacArthur dropped in and gave you some of his customary bulls hit? Lights?Sat nite Dates?etc etc. John States openly As long as he's in charge Wellington will never get a track.

At this stage we cannot afford to loose Manawatu track. Perhaps the 3 clubs banding together and maybe putting a legal restraint on Wanganuis proposed grandstand until the 200k plus is paid back (or suitalble arrangements like lights and new dates)would solidify things in the meantime. It would be great for the original Travelling Roadshow proposals (con) that we all got sucked into to be implemented with honest people with Integrity in charge. I can't see MacArthur having a bar of that until he achieves what he originally set out out to do by what ever means. How about in the meantime the 3 clubs and all its members that are getting shafted slowly, do something positive and lets have some action. My guess is it won't happen and Johnny Boy will Waltz his way all over the floor :) I do wish him well though because he's all we have got representing us at the highest level and we asked for it.....I do however accept Ivans suggestion of "Race" being implemented that way we could have things out in the open for all to see and that in itself would be rewarding.

Clarkie

No I wasnt there for that meeting or the one the time before that when manawatu also voted for him instead of Gary C(had a phone around ballot and I certainly didn't vote for J Mc) when alledgedly(I wasnt there) it was implied that he was in line for the NZGRA rep on the TAB? and that he would stand aside when he got that 1/2 way thru his tenure and support manawatus candidate.all fair in love and greyhound racing yeah right.