RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
STRAIGHT STRIKE

M.Pitman/ Ashlee Mundy

Nothing to write home about ???

Have you not been watching Trackside ???

Coup Align would look good in anyone's barn. Ell Win aint no slug and he has a host of others that look pretty smart.

Mr Pitman, like many others, doesn't have the luxury of a team of sale topping well bred yearlings to choose from every year. He does a great job with his team and every apprentice in his care gets a good go.

this time I agree with all you say

"ps. a question for 10, what apprentice had the least rides for his Master and then went on to win a Premiership? also, this master really helped out this apprentice, but not with many rides"

Won the premiership as an apprentice? Noel Harris.

"ps. a question for 10, what apprentice had the least rides for his Master and then went on to win a Premiership? also, this master really helped out this apprentice, but not with many rides"

nope... to both questions...

M. Pitman cleaning up at all the South Island "tinys" in the last couple of weeks.

With his massive team of horses it is interesting to note that his former apprentice Ashlee Mundy has not ridden for him since completing her apprenticeship earlier last year,and i have also not heard of his youngsters Catherine Tetzlaff,Hayden Hooper or Brittany Moore anymore ? one can only think they have been disposed of and the "next lot" bought in.

All apprentices always keep riding at least on a semi-regular basis for their former,i could name plenty.

Anyone on R/C know the story there ? or even uneasy himself could reply.

Micheal Pitman is the Man....and my wallet agrees!

Leith Innes.

there is a certain mare up north that has won 5 in a row..because of this D.Walsh chose to stay with her

so because Walsh would of missed 3 meetings in the south, he gives up all his rides for Pitman?

so because Walsh would of missed 3 meetings in the south, he gives up all his rides for Pitman?

Or maybe Pitman wanted somebody that would commit 100% of the time.How do you know it was Walsh that made the decision not to ride Pitman horses

he was also sick of travelling so much and I am sure he will ride again for Michael Pittman in the near future.

As for travel at this time of the year..eg Lisa Allpress and Chris Johnson (45)

, they both rode at Waikouaiti....then by car to Chch and fly to Wellington early Saturday morning..then to Tauherenikau

full day in wind etc then back to Wellington, next morning 1st plane at 7.25am to Chch and then plane to Queenstown..then 1 1/1/2 drive to Omakau..last race 7.25 pm plus..get back to chch ..almost 7 hrs

next morning fly to Wellington for Otaki

Lisa makes it CWJ misses the plane by 3 minutes..big crowd at Chch airport. not pushy enough like his manager..he on stand by for next 2 flights to wellington but no seats ..even Jetstar were full so goes home..misses 2 seconds and a 3rd..at Otaki....

can you blame David Walsh for wanting a respite ????????? and good luck to Lisa Allpress for doing the hard yards..she rides Coup Align in the Telegraph and David rides sensational mare Wealth Princess.add Tavistock and Wall street

and the Ozzies..what a race!!!! and do not forget Mufasa?????

Or maybe Pitman wanted somebody that would commit 100% of the time.How do you know it was Walsh that made the decision not to ride Pitman horses

Maybe Allpress is riding more than just his horses ?

he was also sick of travelling so much and I am sure he will ride again for Michael Pittman in the near future.

As for travel at this time of the year..eg Lisa Allpress and Chris Johnson (45)

, they both rode at Waikouaiti....then by car to Chch and fly to Wellington early Saturday morning..then to Tauherenikau

full day in wind etc then back to Wellington, next morning 1st plane at 7.25am to Chch and then plane to Queenstown..then 1 1/1/2 drive to Omakau..last race 7.25 pm plus..get back to chch ..almost 7 hrs

next morning fly to Wellington for Otaki

Lisa makes it CWJ misses the plane by 3 minutes..big crowd at Chch airport. not pushy enough like his manager..he on stand by for next 2 flights to wellington but no seats ..even Jetstar were full so goes home..misses 2 seconds and a 3rd..at Otaki....

can you blame David Walsh for wanting a respite ????????? and good luck to Lisa Allpress for doing the hard yards..she rides Coup Align in the Telegraph and David rides sensational mare Wealth Princess.add Tavistock and Wall street

and the Ozzies..what a race!!!! and do not forget Mufasa?????

... trainers and stable staff have just as long hours on the job as well longer in most cases. The only difference is the pay packet so i wouldn't imagine any jockeys will be complaining.

guys like Colin Jillings,Jim Gibbs,Dave O'Sullivan,George Cameron,Ivan Tucker,Bill Winder,Noel Eales,Hector Anderton,Rex Cochrane just to name a few of years gone by who were masters at training horses as well as their youngsters (how many top jocks came out of those barns !!!).

Roughouse do you think we could/should add M.Pitman to this list of legends ?

guys like Colin Jillings,Jim Gibbs,Dave O'Sullivan,George Cameron,Ivan Tucker,Bill Winder,Noel Eales,Hector Anderton,Rex Cochrane just to name a few of years gone by who were masters at training horses as well as their youngsters (how many top jocks came out of those barns !!!).

Add Jim Lalor to that list

Who were Noels Eales apprentice's?

Me thinks Maurice Campbell & a couple of others.....mind you its goin back abit.

had M.Campbell, Gary Phillips, Greg Childs and Peter Hurdle just to name a few and a bloke clled Kevin Gray broke in many horses for Deacon and also pretrained horses like Copper Belt which he of course he owned

I have vivid memories of Grey Way and Copper Belt fighting it out. As for Noel Eales no doubt he had apprentices but I can not remember even 1..but he was a great trainer

Kevin Gray.

Clapperton,Worthington,Herd,Smith,Tinsley,Mumby,Hurdle,Shailer.

Apologies to those i left out.

Michael is only 54, he has trained over a 1000s winners... Won a National Premiership... trained a Group One winner... trained a Group Winner over the ditch... not a legend but has well and truly written his name into NZ Racing History, and, all from starting off from a non racing background... :cool:

Ps. if you ever reflect on Michaels career then that saying "behind every successful man is a woman of greater talent!" comes to mine! DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!! Please come forward and take a well deserved bow one Diane Pitman!!! :y: