RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
upsndownzs

A Salute To Our Commentators

Some great names is there but for my two cents worth Peter Kelly was the doyen of them all - but that's probably because he was the voice that was so familiar to me on 2ZB back in the day. He was an astute judge of a horse (bloodstock auctioneer), had a great patter and rhythm to his calls and was a professional in every sense of the word. He raced several good gallopers including Fun On The Run, Greene Street and Meralini.  Here's a trip down memory lane for those old enough to remember. His last words in the video ring so true...unfortunately he didn't get his wish.

20 hours ago, mikenz said:

Paul Davies was another

Paul Davies brings back memories of him calling on Radio Pacific. Always started with "Tapes fly and they are  away and pacing " not a great calling but entertaining at the least.

watched a greyhound race on thursday i think it was Wilkes giving his tips for pick 6,first race only need two,8 and 3, winner paid 24 bucks, 3 and 8 paid nought........lifes like that sometimes aye.

22 hours ago, High Sparrow said:

Some great names is there but for my two cents worth Peter Kelly was the doyen of them all - but that's probably because he was the voice that was so familiar to me on 2ZB back in the day. He was an astute judge of a horse (bloodstock auctioneer), had a great patter and rhythm to his calls and was a professional in every sense of the word. He raced several good gallopers including Fun On The Run, Greene Street and Meralini.  Here's a trip down memory lane for those old enough to remember. His last words in the video ring so true...unfortunately he didn't get his wish.

Great video HS...they were real gentlemen in those days.......Peter couldn’t have known back then how far down the pan racing would go.....:rcf-sad-10:

On 5/30/2020 at 12:15 PM, Ohokaman said:

Great video HS...they were real gentlemen in those days.......Peter couldn’t have known back then how far down the pan racing would go.....:rcf-sad-10:

Thanks Ohokaman. Yes they were (true gentlemen) - I still hanker for those days with seeing where we are now.