RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Frankel

I am not convinced. It was a patsy set up.

Lollop along drafting behind a pacemaker. At an easy pace. Takes the inside run at the 200 and sprints away from them. In a time of what?

Compare that with Super Easys last win. That is a real warrior.

No wonder only 14000 only went to watch. Its just cynical racing and I dont care for it either.

I await incoming!

. You have waited long enough nerula..... What do you think now?

I too LOATHE the pacemaker thing - it just all seems so unnecessary. And unfair if you happen to own the horse that's being sacrificed. How does all that work?

It all makes no difference to a horse like Frankel. I certainly can't say he's the best of all time, but he's pretty damn impressive..........

. You have waited long enough nerula..... What do you think now?

A blue collar perspective back. I hate----

Top hats and poobahs racing horses with pacemakers to reinforce their privileged place in the scheme of things. Clearly this is intended to exclude undesirables. Lesser mortals such as workers and colonials from their pompous circles.

Well this old worker had a horse chase the paddys pacemaker and fellow idiots around in the 2008 MCup. They rooted the race and I have been bitter ever since.

Now what sort of a story can you tell Gruffy? Tell me its wholesome and inclusive the pommy/paddy way and their racing is in good shape

I thought the 2008 Melbourne cup was a fair contest nerula, if anything the pace seemed to slacken middle stages and ended up a bit of a sprint home from memory, I thought cest la Guerre was a good thing beaten and master oreillys run was also very good

I thought the 2008 Melbourne cup was a fair contest nerula, if anything the pace seemed to slacken middle stages and ended up a bit of a sprint home from memory, I thought cest la Guerre was a good thing beaten and master oreillys run was also very good

No Gruffy you are so wrong. They started at breakneck speed and ran the second fastest, first 800m of the day. (and there were some decent sprint races on) A strong gallop carried them down the back and the pacemaker folded 800 out leaving (the worlds best stayer, quote Aids) in front. Septi packed it in at the top of the straight leaving our girl in front and she folded about 300 out. Barts old gelding cunningly hidden in the field hopped out and won

Handed to a bludger on a plate. And thats what pacemaking does. It rewards bludgers and I am not necessarily talking of horses in the British scene

Your right, they did go hard for the front and was a little muddling down the back with the section around the mile mark one of the quickest, boundless got a fairly good run considering after some early work and you must say did get her chance,the leaders were 150-1 and drifting after the first mile. All and all the best stayers that day fought it out with cest la Guerre the unluckiest runner.least you were lucky enough to have a runner in and she gave you a sight

They're two year old races, not sprints.

Name his open sprinters please, old horses, surely you can!!! This is after all a bloke who's had forty plus years of 120 to 150 horses in work every bloody year, and he was legged up into the game by virtue of his stepfather, old Cecil Boyd-Rochfort.

Let me do the math for you....40 x 120 = 4800 horses.....now name the G1 sprinters.

probably as good as you get

Frankel may well be the best named and most talented horse you will ever see, the trainer he was named after will be admiring this with glee. But he is a 10 furlong horse without a doubt.

Black Caviar is undoubtedly going to show her talent as well, but they are different horses at different distances, but.............they are likely to be the best at their respective distances that you may ever see............throw Sunline in to fill the gap between the distances and you can tell your grandchildren about them.

All three are without doubt true Champions but just lap it up and wish you could get one half as good!!!!

Frankel may well be the best named and most talented horse you will ever see, the trainer he was named after will be admiring this with glee. But he is a 10 furlong horse without a doubt.

Black Caviar is undoubtedly going to show her talent as well, but they are different horses at different distances, but.............they are likely to be the best at their respective distances that you may ever see............throw Sunline in to fill the gap between the distances and you can tell your grandchildren about them.

All three are without doubt true Champions but just lap it up and wish you could get one half as good!!!!

Too true John. I recall seeing one of the 'triage' at TeRapa one day -Sunline ,obviously-a horse I will never forget,after looking at horses for many years she was just stunning. You would have to say that Frankel and Black Cavier are quite superior to her,so they must be something to behold.

Your right, they did go hard for the front and was a little muddling down the back with the section around the mile mark one of the quickest, boundless got a fairly good run considering after some early work and you must say did get her chance,the leaders were 150-1 and drifting after the first mile. All and all the best stayers that day fought it out with cest la Guerre the unluckiest runner.least you were lucky enough to have a runner in and she gave you a sight

They paid 120k back to 12th and we just missed out. You are right it was an amazing experience. But the point is that people like us are not like Lloyd Williams or Sheik Mo, so if we are ever lucky enough to get a go it will only be once and you would want it to be fair.

But we will get back to Frankel who is obviously a great horse and who is second rating his opposition. No doubt he is tops but I get a feeling his oppos may in fact be 3rds

But we will get back to Frankel who is obviously a great horse and who is second rating his opposition. No doubt he is tops but I get a feeling his oppos may in fact be 3rds

Frankel is making his rivals look tenth rate.

Although I will admit Helmet (favourite in last year's Cox Plate remember) is seriously over rated, some of Frankel's other opposition have been nothing short of sensational in their own right.

Excelebration is a fantastic racehorse who just keeps getting up off the canvas.

Canford Cliffs was another brilliant miler who was unfortunate to run into Frankel. He put absolutely everything into his race with the champ and suffered a knock out blow and never raced again. Which is what would happen if Black Caviar took him on - she'd give her all when getting beaten and it would finish her.

Reading through this thread I get the impression you are bitter and that has made you prejudiced. Hope you can get over that and appreciate what a pure legend Frankel is.

Although I will admit Helmet (favourite in last year's Cox Plate remember) is seriously over rated, some of Frankel's other opposition have been nothing short of sensational in their own right.

Excelebration is a fantastic racehorse who just keeps getting up off the canvas.

Canford Cliffs was another brilliant miler who was unfortunate to run into Frankel. He put absolutely everything into his race with the champ and suffered a knock out blow and never raced again. Which is what would happen if Black Caviar took him on - she'd give her all when getting beaten and it would finish her.

Reading through this thread I get the impression you are bitter and that has made you prejudiced. Hope you can get over that and appreciate what a pure legend Frankel is.

discount frankfurt's form until he meets the equal of shekinaar, doubtful jack or zedi knight...

discount frankfurt until he wins a CF ORR run at the tempo black sardine (aus) endured...

it's easy peeling of the back of a pacemaker, and be fair dinkum he has only won eleven straight...

get things in perspective sheep shearers....

discount frankfurt's form until he meets the equal of shekinaar, doubtful jack or zedi knight...

discount frankfurt until he wins a CF ORR run at the tempo black sardine (aus) endured...

it's easy peeling of the back of a pacemaker, and be fair dinkum he has only won eleven straight...

get things in perspective sheep shearers....

Are you as pathetically stupid, or is that stupidly pathetic, on Australian websites as you are on this New Zealand one? Or do you have to come on here as you've been banned over there for the Grand Theft of all of our own brain cells - that is assuming you had any to begin with?

Are you as pathetically stupid, or is that stupidly pathetic, on Australian websites as you are on this New Zealand one? Or do you have to come on here as you've been banned over there for the Grand Theft of all of our own brain cells - that is assuming you had any to begin with?

find a tram, hold hands with thomPson and jump under it together...

The field he beat was 2nd rate,many people agree on this,except you of course,but he is a super racehorse as is BC

The field he beat was 2nd rate,many people agree on this,except you of course,but he is a super racehorse as is BC

AND.... what are many people saying about Black Caviar's opposition? The question is how many lengths will she win by? More than 11?

Just your opinion, as is mine. But what is clear is Frankel has set the bar about as high as it could be set with that emphatic victory.

BC will need to do much much more than just win to justify the insane hype about her.

Just your opinion, as is mine. But what is clear is Frankel has set the bar about as high as it could be set with that emphatic victory.

BC will need to do much much more than just win to justify the insane hype about her.

Why??? She is a superstar, never beaten, multiple Group ! winner, tall poppy syndrome, how could you not be 100% behind her, and wish them the best of luck, there are some real losers in here, the green eyed monster is really showing its true colors.

Who really cares who is better, both are superstars and will never clash so get over it.

Courtesy of sportinglife.com

Frankel's new rating of 140 has been confirmed by the British Horseracing Authority.

Many expected Sir Henry Cecil's star to be assessed at an even higher mark than that after his 11-length demolition job in Tuesday's Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot, a race he went into on a rating of 138.

However, BHA handicapper Dominic Gardiner-Hill said on Wednesday that, given the horses he had behind him, Frankel's new mark was unlikely to surpass the highest ever of 141 achieved by Dancing Brave in the 1986 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, and so it has proved.

The BHA tweeted: "BHA Handicappers confirm Frankel's official rating to be raised to 140 after victory in Queen Anne Stakes on Tuesday."

I think in my 44 years I have not seen a more explosive performance.

Must admit i'm going to youtube Dancing Brave.....must have been awesome.

Cheers,

Craig.

What's disappointing here is the fact most champions of different eras are always compared,you even hear mock races from time to time involving horses spanning 100 years.... We have two one in 50 year animals racing at the same time and place and won't get to see them ever meet on a racetrack...at the very least they could run together in a 'friendly' exhibition gallop!!'