RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo

Top 10 finishes

Trentham:

George Adams Tattersall Handicap 1978:

Copper Belt beats Grey Way by a nose with a half head to Orchidra(Leigh Mckenzie), another half head to Extra Flash (Bob Vance) and a head to Copper Bit. another six horses across the track right behind them.

The Big O........OCTAGONAL

What about a number of his wins. He won 14 races in total, including 10 G1 wins, a G2, a G3 and a listed win.

Three times he won by a half head, twice by a half neck, twice by a long neck, once by a long head and once by a half length.

A real fighter!

Here's one for you Pogo:

Australian bred NZ trained galloper who won the AJC 1991 Galaxy 1100m:

MR TIZ who stormed home to win carrying 58.5kgs.

Won three ARC Railway Handicaps including a sensational win carrying 58.5kgs in 1991. Also won two Telegraphs and ran second in his third attempt.

Amazingly he dead heated in 1989 G1 Railway Handicap with Westminster and at his very next start in the G1 Telegraph he dead heated with Festal.

Coincidentally, his dam Yir Tiz dead heated in G1 Ellerslie Sires Produce Stakes in 1980.

Here's one for you Pogo:

Australian bred NZ trained galloper who won the AJC 1991 Galaxy 1100m:

MR TIZ who stormed home to win carrying 58.5kgs.

Won three ARC Railway Handicaps including a sensational win carrying 58.5kgs in 1991. Also won two Telegraphs and ran second in his third attempt.

Amazingly he dead heated in 1989 G1 Railway Handicap with Westminster and at his very next start in the G1 Telegraph he dead heated with Festal.

Coincidentally, his dam Yir Tiz dead heated in G1 Ellerslie Sires Produce Stakes in 1980.

gee mate the mere mention of Festal has me feeling ill.

at it's first start in australia at rosehill a mate of mine who was a regular visitor to nz tipped me it very strongly, i'm reasonably sure it was L V Cassidy's first ride here.

i had a monkey on it all up Durbridge SP

Festal blew from about 9/2 to 20/1 and was beaten a pimple by West Dancer i think....

Durbridge $shat in at 4/6

16 large grew wings !!!!

Mr Tiz ... yep he was a beauty

gee mate the mere mention of Festal has me feeling ill.

at it's first start in australia at rosehill a mate of mine who was a regular visitor to nz tipped me it very strongly, i'm reasonably sure it was L V Cassidy's first ride here.

i had a monkey on it all up Durbridge SP

Festal blew from about 9/2 to 20/1 and was beaten a pimple by West Dancer i think....

Durbridge $shat in at 4/6

16 large grew wings !!!!

Mr Tiz ... yep he was a beauty

That was Festal's sixth start in Australia Pogo.

He went to Melbourne in 1989 and ran two poor races at Caulfield. In 1990 he went to Queensland and had three starts, running 2nd at his first run when ridden by Larry Cassidy. Mick Dittman rode him in his other two unplaced runs.

In 1991 he went to Sydney and first up ran in the V Clicquot and you are correct, West Dancer beat him by a half head with Larry Cassidy up. He then ran fourth in the Galaxy won by Mr Tiz and then fifth in the Hall Mark behind Euclase.

He then went to Brisbane and finished ninth in the Ansett Cup when ridden by Shanyne Dye and then had his last race day start when ninth in the Flying Handicap with Larry Cassidy back up.

In all he had 30 starts for 8 wins. Trained by Bruce Marsh.

That was Festal's sixth start in Australia Pogo.

He went to Melbourne in 1989 and ran two poor races at Caulfield. In 1990 he went to Queensland and had three starts, running 2nd at his first run when ridden by Larry Cassidy. Mick Dittman rode him in his other two unplaced runs.

In 1991 he went to Sydney and first up ran in the V Clicquot and you are correct, West Dancer beat him by a half head with Larry Cassidy up. He then ran fourth in the Galaxy won by Mr Tiz and then fifth in the Hall Mark behind Euclase.

He then went to Brisbane and finished ninth in the Ansett Cup when ridden by Shanyne Dye and then had his last race day start when ninth in the Flying Handicap with Larry Cassidy back up.

In all he had 30 starts for 8 wins. Trained by Bruce Marsh.

i wish it was 9........