RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ben Williams

Barry Purdon BAR BAR BAD Drive

What a shocking drive Raydon today.

Cost him the win.. Great trainer, should not drive, No idea at all, What was the race plain? ####!

Yes you are right drivers that have driven winners of Miracle Miles and numerous cups, derby's should not be driving at Premier meetings.

What a shocking drive Raydon today.

Cost him the win.. Great trainer, should not drive, No idea at all, What was the race plain? ####!

It was just plain bad luck - and one of those things that can happen.

Cheers

good horses make good drivers,raydons was a shocker...........but hes only human.

That maybe so for a junior driver,but an experienced one,was a complete stuff up,either goto front or if not don't attempt to sit out and end up 3 wide for 2000mtrs,shows how tuff the horse is,so can't fault the training methods.

Never Made An Error In Your Job Talkabout?

Quite a few as an APPRENTICE when we had them,reason as an apprentice you're learning as you earn to coin a phrase,after completing said apprentice not many,but still learning,and suppose I wasn't too bad an apprentice,picked up 2 regional apprentice awards(and first to do so for company at the time).

And if my trade wasn't at the whim of imports and still viable,and I wanted to stay in it,rest assured after 30yrs mistakes would be minimal,much like B.Purdon as a driver,as I said you can't deny his training credentials,was a crap drive,might even ask a part owner on Tuesday what he thought of the drive,might give him more health problems if another drive like that.

To be fair though, both Mark and Barry are more respected for their training abilities than their driving abilities.

mark purdon is the best driver in the country just look at his strike rate over the past 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

To be fair though, both Mark and Barry are more respected for their training abilities than their driving abilities.

look at their driving stats for THIS season alone

Bar 19 drives for 6 wins 7 placings UDR .4854

Mark 107 for 22 wins and 32 placings UDR .3510

impressive in anyones language - sure they drive generally their own horses with minimal outside drives but both of their records driving or training compare very favourably to anyone.

Cheers