RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dopey

Shinko King - Dead or Alive

Unconfirmed and unsubstantiated news to me is that Shinko King has passed away....but would need to be confirmed by those closer to the horse....

If true is a sad loss of a great under rated stallion....a I would be sorry for Henk.

If not then I'm pleased.

Does anyone have any details.

Unconfirmed and unsubstantiated news to me is that Shinko King has passed away....but would need to be confirmed by those closer to the horse....

If true is a sad loss of a great under rated stallion....a I would be sorry for Henk.

If not then I'm pleased.

Does anyone have any details.

Hope that the 'news' is wrong as he is only just staring to be appreciated.

Graeme Hunt, his greatest supporter will be devastated even though he bred some of his best.

Don't sell Barinka Graeme if you don't have too!!!

Louise, I have good reason to believe that Shinko King has passed as a result of the proverbial "L" disease of our industry. It seems to afflict the best ones like Sunline, Barbaro and now Shinko.

Shinko King was a very understated stallion, never marketed that well and because of the structural nature of his progeny never became a fashionable "yearling" stallion. But he was a very good stallion. His progeny at their best as they aged, but he was a great stallion to his supporters and shareholders. I have bred many fine horses by him and now will have look elsewhere to find such a well bred, well performed stallion at a reasonable price to replace him.

Tell me, when you find them, where you can get a Group 1 winning(in the best and true meaning of the class) brother to a Derby winner from a classic black type family that contests at the best levels and a family that performs anywhere in the world, all for around $5K!

Tell me, when you find them, where you can get a Group 1 winning(in the best and true meaning of the class) brother to a Derby winner from a classic black type family that contests at the best levels and a family that performs anywhere in the world, all for around $5K!

He was a good sire. I have a shinko king filly from a Sir Tristram mare that I'm taking my time with....pleased now it was a filly...

Group One stallion Shinko King loses long fight against laminitis Thu, 17 May 2012

Paul Vettise

The New Zealand breeding industry has lost one of its most under-rated stallions with the passing of Shinko King, who recently succumbed to a lengthy battle with laminitis.

The Irish-bred son of Sadler’s Wells’ brother Fairy King stood his first season in New Zealand in 1998 and moved from Ashwell Farm in 2007 to Henk and Nienke Smit’s Paxton Park in Cambridge.

“He was a terrific stallion, but sadly we had to have him put him down,â€

I am saddened to hear about the loss of Shinko King, commiserations to Henk and Nienke Smit.

Shinko King was one of those rare sires that outperformed his opportunities at stud. He was certainly capable of producing horses of high racing class and is bound to become a respected broodmare sire in which role he already is responsible for Shez Sinsational. Regretably Shinko King did not have snob appeal and would have been consigned by many breeders to “bread and butterâ€