RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
NeilD

Free Formpro Ratings access

I have given free access to http://www.formproratings.co.nz till this Thursday night.

Login: Username: formpro Password: tooth

You can see a YouTube video explaining how they work and how to use them. If you don’t want to use your magnifying glass to watch it click on the four cornered frame on the bottom right hand corner to enlarge it to full screen.

http://youtu.be/3xmDhijl2yw

Yesterday’s highlights:

Miko clearly rated on top $12 FF into $7

Thundermore clearly rated on top bolted in $5

Inferno 1st top rated $7.10

Aldebaran Star 1st equal top rated $18 !

Chettak- equal top rated 1st $7.90

Reais clear top rated 1st $8.40

Jakob Gambino rated 4 lengths clear of the rest and bolted in: $10.10

Asavant $5.50 rated on top

I have given free access to http://www.formproratings.co.nz till this Thursday night.

Login: Username: formpro Password: tooth

You can see a YouTube video explaining how they work and how to use them. If you don’t want to use your magnifying glass to watch it click on the four cornered frame on the bottom right hand corner to enlarge it to full screen.

http://youtu.be/3xmDhijl2yw

Yesterday’s highlights:

Miko clearly rated on top $12 FF into $7

Thundermore clearly rated on top bolted in $5

Inferno 1st top rated $7.10

Aldebaran Star 1st equal top rated $18 !

Chettak- equal top rated 1st $7.90

Reais clear top rated 1st $8.40

Jakob Gambino rated 4 lengths clear of the rest and bolted in: $10.10

Asavant $5.50 rated on top

funniest post ever

While I have no knowledge of Neil's ratings, saying it is silly to sell a successful rating system is nonsense.

People have different approaches to risk and return. Some people prefer a low risk, low return steady income. Others like higher risk, with potentially high returns. Some people may be excellent at doing research but no good at investing.

The entire finance industry is built around this division of labour - so some people analyse companies (but don't invest their own money in them), then sell their recommendations to fund managers who decide whether to buy for their fund (but don't invest their own money), who then market their funds to investors (who are the ones who actually invest).

Why didn't the guy doing the recommendation just invest himself and not tell anyone? Because he prefers doing research and getting a low risk steady income.

Certainly, and in your terms.

Great = the sort of feeling you get on the day of your parole, or when your drug dealing grandmother leaves a kilo of hash at your house.

Value = see grandmother above, and/or when your sister, the local hooker, offers you a two for the price of one deal on your birthday.

just as i thought the response would be...

your inability to answer the question indeed answers the question.

thanks leroy.

Thats great, I know you stick up for your mates...

I am not knocking the guy, I just dont see why he would spend so much time rating horses, and then charging punters a few dollars to see??

Why didnt he punt on his dead set certs yesterday, he would have made a fortune, instead he is offering a free viewing for a few days on his tips and ratings???

Obviously not that confident in his own ability???

Fair comment Kakama.

Maybe a bit of background info about why I started doing my own ratings may help you understand.

I began doing my own speed ratings a few years ago but wasn’t satisfied with them as a raw rating. So I subscribed to an overseas ratings service that does class ratings on NZ races. I couldn’t understand why they rated some midweek races higher than some better quality Saturday races. So I did many months of research into handicapping and ratings and came up with my own Formpro Ratings. I have tweaked them to where I feel we can use them with confidence. They make it so much easier to quickly find the main chances in a race. When combined with other information such as sectional analysis and other form factors, you can bet with much more confidence. They take many hours a week to calculate properly so why shouldn’t I get paid for it? They are actually free to subscribers of my http://www.formpro.co.nz site and for $10 a week or less if you subscribe.

It has surprised me how popular they have been which tells me punters just want well researched information to make informed decisions. The Australian punters have been brought up on ratings and they have been the biggest growth of users of the site which hasn’t surprised me. That’s why I have done the YouTube videos as most NZ punters just see a row of numbers and think bugger that. But when you know how to interpret them and have the success we have had with them, you can’t do without them. Of course they aren’t going to pick the winner of every race, but as a subscriber said to me last week, ‘ I am backing double figure winners with much more confidence now.’ They identify the real value runners the crowd have largely ignored.

Some will say they are a waste of time and will always have their knockers, but I'm not forcing anybody to use them or pay for them. But I truly believe that they can make a long term losing punter into a long term winning punter. I ran a Pick 6 syndicate last year at Te Rapa and we invested around $4,000 on it. The only reason I went short in one race on two horses was purely because the ratings told me they stood out. If I hadn't we would have missed as I would have left out the $13 winner of the last leg and instead of paying out $250,000 to 51 very happy punters, it would have been an apology for doing my best but missing out.

you sound like a real philanthropist Neil D.

i remember reading a post somewhere in the past Pollyanna's old man uses your "ratings"....they MUST work.

keep up the good work mate.

Neil,

You're already betting into a 120% market with low pools you might as well make that 200% because everyone will jump on the same horses?

I fail to see why you would let people in on your edge or have one after making the public.

Neil,

You're already betting into a 120% market with low pools you might as well make that 200% because everyone will jump on the same horses?

I fail to see why you would let people in on your edge or have one after making the public.

If you fail to see what Neil is doing, what is the problem? He is not forcing anyone to take his advice, so where is the harm?

If you fail to see what Neil is doing, what is the problem? He is not forcing anyone to take his advice, so where is the harm?

I see what he is doing, I'm just asking a question.

If he replies I will reply and so on.

This is a forum?

Sounds like Neil has spent the time and effort into producing something worthwhile, but it doesn't beat finding a winner on your own, you may as well not even follow the horses and just put your money in a syndicate run by Formpro and collect your winnings less a percentage on Saturday night

Le Filou: Make sure you type formpro in the username box and tooth in the password box all in lower case.

SP11- There is plenty of value available. You just have to dig a little deeper rather than take the ratings at face value. e.g. Jakob Gambino was clearly rated on top and his sectionals had indicated he definitely had the ability to win more races and John Bary was the right man to get them out of him. He also mapped to get the right run. Even though he was $7.50 with bookies early on I thought he would pay more later on which he did. Sure, there may have been others that backed him on the tote because of his rating and lowered his tote price from $11 to $10 but I can live with that. Thundermore rated on top by 3 lengths and the $5 available was good value I thought from the Myers stable to get an uncontested lead. He looked very fit before the race and won very nicely.

Today at Beaumont, most punters wouldn't have given Peter Porter a second glance, but a glance at the ratings told you he had to be in after rating equal top and having the best ratings on the track, over the distance and on Fast to Dead tracks. He rated $7.20 on the Market Maker and paid $17.40. I didn’t back him as I didn’t have a win bet all day there but I had it in the quaddie with 2nd rated Its Essential in the last and if the saddle hadn’t have slipped she would have held on to win instead of getting nutted on the line- but it was a top effort by Courtney Barnes to even stay on!

Kakama- I actually agree with you. I would much rather only select a handful of horses a week but after surveying some subscribers they wanted more races previewed as many just enjoy receiving the information and sorting out their bets from there, especially for the Pick 6s and quaddies. So I compromise by giving out my confidence levels for each race previewed. Moderate and Low confidence races are considered races to stay clear of for win betting.

I suppose I am lucky in that in the six years I have been offering my information, every day I have always looked forward to getting stuck into the form analysis, as every day is different and a fresh challenge. I’ve had other occupations that I had nowhere near the same passion for.

Most punters, such as Gruff, mentioned they like finding a winner on their own. If you have the time to do the study properly, why wouldn’t you. But by supplying well researched information such as the Formpro Ratings and sectional reviews on my Formpro site, that extra knowledge is what many punters find very useful. Cam summed it up pretty well. I just enjoy doing the research and passing it on.

Anyway, back to working out Saturday’s ratings and tomorrow's winners, with a bit of luck!

Good work Neil and yes you are spot on, most Aussies are well aware of the advantages of ratings analysis if only for the time saved in finding the main chances in a race.

I think the reason why some of the Aussie ratings as you mention struggle with NZ is they do find it hard to get a line on what is our equivalent of a Saturday Metro meeting and therefore struggle a little with getting a line on the class of the horses in a race and the strength of past performances.

Have some of the posters on here not heard of getting out of the sack at 8.15am and putting on fixed odds? many of Neils rated runners can have all the backing in the world from the sheeple following him as he is locked in at 8.15am on many of his selections. I thought that would have been rather obvious to all but perhaps not and thats probably why its easy for you to clean up Neil, they are just not bright enough to be a profitable punter.

Fixed odds barry?

So you're saying first in first serve?

There's no value in that then as all the value gets diluted.

What if the TAB subscribe and shortern or expand the market to 130% on his runners?

Sheeple..Well I'm willing to put up a days tips if you are barryb?

Fixed odds barry?

So you're saying first in first serve?

There's no value in that then as all the value gets diluted.

What if the TAB subscribe and shortern or expand the market to 130% on his runners?

Sheeple..Well I'm willing to put up a days tips if you are barryb?

Of course it's first in first served mate, Neil's already on a lot of his tips so he really has nothing to lose posting them.

The TAB take his bet and then shorten the price, Neil's on the steeple follow, it's easy to understand isn't it?.

Neil's been around a long time, long enough to know that a couple of losing days and the average punter jumps off his tips thinking they can do better, who do you think is at the end of the year going to come out better? Someone who spends 40+ hours a week or a guy who spends 40 mins on a Saturday.