RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
d.burrow - Joan

Stud Fees 2012

I wonder why the big boys are taking so long to set their Stud Fees?

Cambridge Stud has announced that they will be announcing their fees on Friday, 13 April.

Are the others all waiting on Sir Patrick to set the market?

Well to help you Stud Masters the following is what I think your boys are worth this year given that I am paying the full fee, commercial rates of agistment etc and I need to make a good profit if I get a correct colt or filly.

The Stallions are listed in no particular order and it is only a selection of some of the more commercial boys.

Rip Van Winkle 17500

Stravinsky 22500

Thorn Park 17500

Mastercraftman 15000

Keeper 12500

Zabeel [Priceless]

Thewayyouare 8000

Cape Blanco 15000

Makfi 17500

Tavistock 8000

O'Reilly 35000

Pins 30000

Savabeel 20000

Lucky Unicorn 4000

Guillotine 6000

Falkirk 7500

Pentire 25000

Alamosa 12500

Darci Brahma 20000

Iffraaj 10000

Sakhee's Secret 8000

Sir Percy 10000

What do others think?

Insider --Sir Patrick is obviously waiting until after the Sydney Easter sales. They could be interesting because outside of the mining industry I don't think the Aussie economy is in great shape.

Insider --Sir Patrick is obviously waiting until after the Sydney Easter sales. They could be interesting because outside of the mining industry I don't think the Aussie economy is in great shape.

Yes, I agree on the Aussie economy but then again the NSW Court Case has given their Industry a huge fillip.

Still no reason to dilly dally.

No one other than a couple of you have commented. I am too high with what I have suggested?

Tell us. Tell the market. Tell the Stud Masters.

Yes, I agree on the Aussie economy but then again the NSW Court Case has given their Industry a huge fillip.

Still no reason to dilly dally.

No one other than a couple of you have commented. I am too high with what I have suggested?

Tell us. Tell the market. Tell the Stud Masters.

I have a single income and one mare and also pay for her to be in private agistment so for me anything over $7000 would be a struggle although I know it costs the same to produce a foal from a 5,000 or 50,000 stud fee. I guess for me it is the large fee that I would not have sitting in the bank so most of those you posted are well and truly out of my range

I wonder why the big boys are taking so long to set their Stud Fees?

Cambridge Stud has announced that they will be announcing their fees on Friday, 13 April.

Are the others all waiting on Sir Patrick to set the market?

Well to help you Stud Masters the following is what I think your boys are worth this year given that I am paying the full fee, commercial rates of agistment etc and I need to make a good profit if I get a correct colt or filly.

The Stallions are listed in no particular order and it is only a selection of some of the more commercial boys.

Rip Van Winkle 17500

Stravinsky 22500

Thorn Park 17500

Mastercraftman 15000

Keeper 12500

Zabeel [Priceless]

Thewayyouare 8000

Cape Blanco 15000

Makfi 17500

Tavistock 8000

O'Reilly 35000

Pins 30000

Savabeel 20000

Lucky Unicorn 4000

Guillotine 6000

Falkirk 7500

Pentire 25000

Alamosa 12500

Darci Brahma 20000

Iffraaj 10000

Sakhee's Secret 8000

Sir Percy 10000

What do others think?

Zabeel is an exception, maybe Pentire O'Reilly, Darci and Pins you might have about right the rest can be reduced by 20% .

Cafers / Breeders [payers] Your lack of response to this thread is proving frustrating.

Are you happy to pay whatever the Studs put up as their fees?

Of course you are not!

Why not come on and say what you think the Stallion that you are thinking of using this year is worth?

At least that way you are having an input to what he is really worth!

Cafers / Breeders [payers] Your lack of response to this thread is proving frustrating.

Of course you are not!

Why not come on and say what you think the Stallion that you are thinking of using this year is worth?

Fair enough. I mentioned on another post that I consider Stravinsky to be realistic for a world-wide proven stallion. His sire, Nureyev has had a huge effect on bloodlines. Stravinsky is the damsire of Mosheen and Rip van winkle, not bad racehorses in anyones language! His fillies are quite often better than his colts.

If you have a mare with Danehill up close in her pedigree Stravinsky should be among your top choices.

Of course you are not!

100% agree but all the stallions you mentioned need to be reduced apart from the ones doing the business at present. They all need to take a Pentire approach. I remember Richhill dropped him to $6500 for one year when he was unproven and ensured a big book. Look what he has done since. Some studmasters should take a leaf out of that book rather than short term looking to fill their pockets short term or looking to collect some cash and send it back to Ireland with the stallion that they make...

Although like most i would like lower fees,i think each stud and each stallion has its own set of requirements in order for them to be a success financially for that stud.

Not all stallions are owned outright and they have obligations to either the shareholders or the other shuttling stud to fullfill.

In the end it may be true that some are over priced for current commercial viabilty, and maybe those adjustments will be made, but also if fees become too low for the higher profile stallions they may end up on the other side of the tasman instead or even never shuttle at all.

What are your thoughts on Brighthills new stallion Dalghar to be standing for $6,000

To be honest when i first saw the news about him i didnt know much about him, but that aga khan family in his first dam is pretty impressive and at the price he sure looks great value.

anaabaa blue of the top of my head,is the only sireson of anaabaa i can think of and he has sired some stakeswinners

are there any other siresons?

King of Prussia is the only one that springs to mind.

To be honest when i first saw the news about him i didnt know much about him, but that aga khan family in his first dam is pretty impressive and at the price he sure looks great value.

anaabaa blue of the top of my head,is the only sireson of anaabaa i can think of and he has sired some stakeswinners

are there any other siresons?

Insider, your thoughts are not going to change what stud masters set as their fee for the season. But I'm pretty sure that not many stallions will not have the "full book" message against their names! Talk to them if you are interested in their stallion and many studs will respond with some form of positive offer, of that you can be sure.

Of course you are not!

At the end of the day the breeders will have the last say on what they will pay. :)

Rip Van Winkle 17500.....15,000

Stravinsky 22500...........20,000

Thorn Park 17500...........15,000

Mastercraftman 15000.....10,000

Keeper 12500.................15,000

Zabeel [Priceless]

Thewayyouare 8000...??

Cape Blanco 15000...???

Makfi 17500.....??

Tavistock 8000...............neg

O'Reilly 35000.................30,000

Pins 30000......................25,000

Savabeel 20000............15,000

Lucky Unicorn 4000..........neg

Guillotine 6000.................neg

Falkirk 7500

Pentire 25000

Alamosa 12500................7,000

Darci Brahma 20000...........15,000

Iffraaj 10000....................neg

Sakhee's Secret 8000.........neg

Sir Percy 10000.................neg

What do others think?

to select a stallion whose price is going to go up not down - like those lucky people who had High Chap at 12K.

I have an unhappy knack of doing it the other way around

They are close to what I posted at the start of this thread if not quite there.

Personally I think that Sir Patrick and team has given a lead which I hope that the others follow.

Rosie, I notice that the majority of your posted fees are even lower. If they were to go down to those levels then it would be even better but I don't think that it will happen this year for the more commercial boys.

Pour Moi's fee though seems very reasonable and affordable to many. If ever you were inclined to over mate, here is your chance.

At least you could say "my mare is in foal to last year's Derby winner".

Wouldn't that be something? Or Cape Blanco at 20K too would give you bragging rights for a year or two!