RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

menangle passing lane

The hardworking but brain dead committee and CEO associated with the Menangle track have through the use of smoke and mirrors arrived at the conclusion that unlike most trotting tracks they dont need a passing lane.they have viewed races "laterally and come up with the astounding fact races if viewed from the side are very deceiving. I can only assume their collective brains may appear normal size but if viewed laterally and from in front there is a distinct possibility there is no grey matter at all !!!

menangle is no bigger than ashburton and they have a passing lane.

Agree with the legend the collective grey matter when viewed from an angle maybe the same as a frontal labotomy in this decision.

Apparently you guys don't watch a lot of racing from Menangle...or if you do then may I suggest that you are not watching it particularly closely.

The amount of congestion experienced inside of the final 1/8th of the mile is directly related to the class of horse racing & so the tempo of the race.

The better the horses, the faster the tempo and the lesser the interference.

Walk a mile in 1:58/1:59 & there will be traffic issues in the lane.

Roll in 1:51/1:52 and there will not be.

Menangle simply does not need a sprint lane/passing lane. The NSWHRC made the right decision.

The better the horses, the faster the tempo and the lesser the interference.

Walk a mile in 1:58/1:59 & there will be traffic issues in the lane.

Roll in 1:51/1:52 and there will not be.

Menangle simply does not need a sprint lane/passing lane. The NSWHRC made the right decision.

So you are trying to tell us that every race run at menangle is run in a 1.51/1.52 mr. Dont they run maidens and C1s etc?

I dont think so!

So you are trying to tell us that every race run at menangle is run in a 1.51/1.52 mr. Dont they run maidens and C1s etc?

I dont think so!

Your capacity to read and comprehend the written word appears to be equal to those which you possess for reading and comprehending the machinations of racing class and race distance versus that particular track.

They do indeed run maidens/C0's etc. & if you'd bothered to do your research on those events versus the better grades you would, like I did & like the NSWHRC Board did, find that by and large the lesser, lower grades are without doubt the places where, if any, the late traffic issues will result.

Conversely, in the higher the grades, the better the horse and the more likely the leaders are to punch out the entire race distance, so the more front end speed holds up & surprise surprise the less late traffic there will be in the stretch.

It's simply no more nor less complicated than that.

Congestion inside of the final 1/8th on that track has nothing whatsoever in any way, shape or form to do with the dimensions/construction of the track and it has everything to do with the ability of the horses in the race to finish off.

When moderate C0's-1's-2's-3's etc. get out hard, post reasonable middle fractions & lead into the stretch you can bet your left arm that some or all of them will be starting to look for a place to rest their weary legs before they reach the wire. Don't forget, it's 350m or the best part of a 1/4 of a mile down the lane out there.

Put them on the lead through reasonably solid fractions & most horses in the lower grades are simply not able to stare down that stretch & not be intimidated by it.

That is a nice way of saying most of them will run out of ability or run out of steam or run out of mental and intestinal fortitude before the camera clicks.

A better track to sort the grain from the chaff you will not find anywhere else in Australia.

You sound like a member of the flat earth society or man did not walk on the moon.(or at least a failed accountant). It took best part of 10 years to overcome stupid arguments why a passing/sprint lane wouldnt work and that there was no need.It is now simply a fact that they are good for trotting because

A. the field is opened up towards the post giving a speedy exit to all the hard luck stories that were common.

B.noted front runners can no longer stack up the field then sprint away.

C.horses must run on their merits i.e. no where to "hide"

Dpunters who pay the salaries of the hierarchy get a fair chance

E.The drivers can elect to wait and not create dangerous situations at the 400mark as invariably gaps appear with the passing/sprint lane

F.even faster times may be possible which will further enhance the breed.

Menangle is a magnificient track and the 2Corner mile is brilliant but a passing lane would enhance it even further and if as the sad excuses for decision makers feel their is no need,why not put it in for 6 months trial and see how the punting turnover improves. They may then feel it should stay.(p.s. dont ask Lincoln Farms or Lance Justice)

Your capacity to read and comprehend the written word appears to be equal to those which you possess for reading and comprehending the machinations of racing class and race distance versus that particular track.

They do indeed run maidens/C0's etc. & if you'd bothered to do your research on those events versus the better grades you would, like I did & like the NSWHRC Board did, find that by and large the lesser, lower grades are without doubt the places where, if any, the late traffic issues will result.

Conversely, in the higher the grades, the better the horse and the more likely the leaders are to punch out the entire race distance, so the more front end speed holds up & surprise surprise the less late traffic there will be in the stretch.

It's simply no more nor less complicated than that.

Congestion inside of the final 1/8th on that track has nothing whatsoever in any way, shape or form to do with the dimensions/construction of the track and it has everything to do with the ability of the horses in the race to finish off.

When moderate C0's-1's-2's-3's etc. get out hard, post reasonable middle fractions & lead into the stretch you can bet your left arm that some or all of them will be starting to look for a place to rest their weary legs before they reach the wire. Don't forget, it's 350m or the best part of a 1/4 of a mile down the lane out there.

Put them on the lead through reasonably solid fractions & most horses in the lower grades are simply not able to stare down that stretch & not be intimidated by it.

That is a nice way of saying most of them will run out of ability or run out of steam or run out of mental and intestinal fortitude before the camera clicks.

A better track to sort the grain from the chaff you will not find anywhere else in Australia.

Lets say **** all the lesser grade horses,they arent capable of taking a sprint lane. Say what???. If I owned a lesser grade horse,I would want every opportunity of winning a race. I would middle finger this decision on that basis.

A very retrograde step in my opinion ,without actually testing it in real time.

Lets say **** all the lesser grade horses,they arent capable of taking a sprint lane. Say what???. If I owned a lesser grade horse,I would want every opportunity of winning a race. I would middle finger this decision on that basis.

A very retrograde step in my opinion ,without actually testing it in real time.

It's easy to settle this one fellas.

Make the effort to go back through and watch the replays of the last...I dunno....let's say 30 Menangle meetings and look at the applicable Stewards Reports...that sounds like a pretty reasonable sample wouldn't you say?...and whilst doing so make note of every single horse that has Checked or NCRVS etc etc etc against its name and make note of the point in the race where this occurred.

If the late traffic out there really was such a major problem...as all you Chicken Little 'The Sky is falling' types are making it out to be then it follows that there should be an absolute poultice of them to be found. The amount of evidence to back your claims should be overwhelming, should it not?

Go for gold. Knock yourself out. I am very interested to find out if the reality of it all and the viewpoints of others and of yourself...will ever actually manage to meet.

poor old Scotty locked in battle at 3.00 am (or 1.00am)with the worlds great problems to be solved.The main thing is dont be frightened relax, give the sprint lane a go its only markers to be moved and let Scotty get his beauty sleep(they say he needs it!!)

Seems to me that you are afraid of what you'll find if you have to drop the assertions and rhetoric and suppositions routine & instead have to compile cold, hard facts that'll support your position.

I'm more than happy to be shown the error of my ways. Are you?

Do the figures yourself John. Nobody's stopping you. Go back through as many races as you like. A week, a month, a year, whatever suits.

Highlight all of the real world instances. Dates/Races/Horses.

The floor is yours.

If you're not prepared to do that well, then...it's game over isn't it.

Seems to me that you are afraid of what you'll find if you have to drop the assertions and rhetoric and suppositions routine & instead have to compile cold, hard facts that'll support your position.

I'm more than happy to be shown the error of my ways. Are you?

Do the figures yourself John. Nobody's stopping you. Go back through as many races as you like. A week, a month, a year, whatever suits.

Go to Tuesday 4th April

In 5 races stewards commented on the lack of clear racing room for horses from the 200. Races 1,3,5,7 and 8 and you could make a case for race 9 as well!

good observation Lonestar. also watched closely races there yesterday 10thapril2012 and saw pacemakers coming back on trailing horse effectively extinguishing their chances. QED.Scotty.

It really proves the old addage that "you can tell an Aussie but you cant tell him much "

You sound like a member of the flat earth society or man did not walk on the moon.(or at least a failed accountant). It took best part of 10 years to overcome stupid arguments why a passing/sprint lane wouldnt work and that there was no need.It is now simply a fact that they are good for trotting because

A. the field is opened up towards the post giving a speedy exit to all the hard luck stories that were common.

B.noted front runners can no longer stack up the field then sprint away.

C.horses must run on their merits i.e. no where to "hide"

Dpunters who pay the salaries of the hierarchy get a fair chance

E.The drivers can elect to wait and not create dangerous situations at the 400mark as invariably gaps appear with the passing/sprint lane

F.even faster times may be possible which will further enhance the breed.

Menangle is a magnificient track and the 2Corner mile is brilliant but a passing lane would enhance it even further and if as the sad excuses for decision makers feel their is no need,why not put it in for 6 months trial and see how the punting turnover improves. They may then feel it should stay.(p.s. dont ask Lincoln Farms or Lance Justice)

Not sure I agree with point C - surely lobbing the trail and getting the lane is the perfect place to "hide".

How many races are won by lesser horses getting the trail and the lane and beating something which has gone around and done the work in front, or sat parked etc etc etc???

I make a point at Auckland of trying to sort out the trail horse and making sure it is included in my bets even if I don't otherwise rate it...

Why are horses that do no work in the run and driven for luck entitled to a clear run in the home straight? At Menangle all horses start off the front row, from there any horse that finds itself in a pocket is the fault of the driver. Having said that i dont care what they do as I absolutely hate Menangle and the size of the track, the races are terrible to watch, if people want to bet on a product like that, they have the gallops.