RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
king canute

Te Aroha weather & track

Not really. Better this way for an unbiased opinion that we can all absorb. Surprised you bothered to make that response actually. Got too much time on your hands?

Great reply, astute.

Would the simple solution be that you ring up the Te Aroha club and ask them then you can tell us all

why post at all if you just want to be a smart ass, he was asking a decent question, and would have thought he should expect a reasonable answer.

king canute Not really. Better this way for an unbiased opinion that we can all absorb. Surprised you bothered to make that response actually. Got too much time on your hands?

Great reply, astute.

So why do you two think that the Te Aroha Jockey Club would give any wrong information re weather and track?

Fordy told me in one short sentence exactly what I wanted to know so how hard can it be? Didn't mean to imply that Te Aroha would not give me an honest answer but I wanted to hear from someone on the spot. The phone number in the calendar states from 8am on raceday and I knew from a call to Marie on her cell phone about another matter yesterday when she was at Counties that she may not be able to help today either.

The topic of advising track conditions regularly to trainers has been well covered on Racecafe for years and I have seen little improvement. Wanting a wet track and having nominated and accepted on a slow 7 and a rotten forecast (at a cost of $400 plus) I think I am justified in expecting regular updates from somebody.

"Ellerslie" I have noticed is often pro-active in this regard and Racecafe is a great place to get this info from but 36 hour intervals from NZTR could surely be improved upon.

I need to make a decisions in the morning on whether I float my horse for 6 hours to Te Aroha or stay home with the family for Easter.

Thanks Fordy for your help. Looks like I'll be staying home unless the heavens open tonight.

Fordy told me in one short sentence exactly what I wanted to know so how hard can it be? Didn't mean to imply that Te Aroha would not give me an honest answer but I wanted to hear from someone on the spot. The phone number in the calendar states from 8am on raceday and I knew from a call to Marie on her cell phone about another matter yesterday when she was at Counties that she may not be able to help today either.

The topic of advising track conditions regularly to trainers has been well covered on Racecafe for years and I have seen little improvement. Wanting a wet track and having nominated and accepted on a slow 7 and a rotten forecast (at a cost of $400 plus) I think I am justified in expecting regular updates from somebody.

"Ellerslie" I have noticed is often pro-active in this regard and Racecafe is a great place to get this info from but 36 hour intervals from NZTR could surely be improved upon.

I need to make a decisions in the morning on whether I float my horse for 6 hours to Te Aroha or stay home with the family for Easter.

Thanks Fordy for your help. Looks like I'll be staying home unless the heavens open tonight.

Best way to find out is to call a local trainer most will give an honest assessment of track as they work on it each morning.

Was interested to see Wellington was a Dead 4 at nom time then 10 mls over night it became a slow 7 at acceptances then another 12mls the following night then a heavy 10.Seems a huge downgrade for 22 mls but great to see a regular update.

Te Aroha had rain on Monday hence the Slow 8 reading on Tuesday morning.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday it has been fine and warm with strong winds Tuesday and Wednesday and a reasonable breeze yesterday until about 1pm when the winds dropped, hence very good conditions to dry the track.

Today it has dawned brilliantly fine without a cloud in the sky and very still.

The weather forecast for the week said rain/showers for each day however nothing has eventuated, it appears to have hit the East Coast, Gisborne/Napier/Hastings etc and the Waikato has missed it.

There was a Dead 6 reading on Wednesday morning and as I said it has been very warm and windy and the track would have been improving since. I have walked the track the last two days and the reading at 4pm yesterday was a Dead 5. I thought it may have been a little better than that even.

There is a very good sole of grass on the track.

I will walk it again this afternoon and will give a weather and track update later today.

Very good fields all round and a stellar Breeders Stakes field.

Best way to find out is to call a local trainer most will give an honest assessment of track as they work on it each morning.

Was interested to see Wellington was a Dead 4 at nom time then 10 mls over night it became a slow 7 at acceptances then another 12mls the following night then a heavy 10.Seems a huge downgrade for 22 mls but great to see a regular update.

It must have been 12mls at Trentham only, I am 5 minutes down the road and the weather is and has been beautiful for last 2 days.

It has been very hot on course today and had clouded over a bit as I was leaving at 4.15pm. I hear that a small shower came through a bit later on.

The weather forecast is good for tomorrow and if correct I would expect it to be a Good 3 by the time they race. As I said this morning there is a very good sole of grass on the track.

Very good betting fields have been carded with the Breeders Stakes drawing an outstanding field.

The course it self is looking fantastic.

Entry is free....that's right free!!!!! to see Group 1 racing at it's best. NZ's richest and only G1 race for Fillies and Mares.

Someone will win a 42" plasma TV and the chance to win a Ford Falcon XR6 worth $50,000. Dress up and you could be spotted and win a prize.

There will be music under the trees and also in the in the grass area outside the owners and trainers area.

There will be a big screen in operation also.

So come along, witness some fantastic racing on one of NZ's best tracks, and enjoy country racing in the sun.