RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Forrest

Sir Percy

So what are the stats now for his first crop? I believe there were 47 foals born.

I note his second crop is showing promise also, the odd 2010 runner creeping in.

Someone that has bred Sir Percy should email Rich Hill and ask them to put him up on Arion's stallion roster so that breeders can access his stats as even though he is not standing this season it would be well received by the breeders to be able to see his stats.

Someone that has bred Sir Percy should email Rich Hill and ask them to put him up on Arion's stallion roster so that breeders can access his stats as even though he is not standing this season it would be well received by the breeders to be able to see his stats.

Dibbles it is important you have your facts right here. Arion only put up the stallions in the current stud book. The studs do not have any influence over this.

Cheers

I do not think that is quite true grassroots as Lord of Warriors, King Of Roses and others that are no longer with us who are not in the stallion register are listed on the Arion stallion roster.

From the Arion website -

http://www.arion.co.nz/StallionsRoster/StallionsRosterList.aspx

Add a Stallion

If you have a stallion that you wish to appear on this list please click on the "add stallion" button and fill out all of the details that are required.

Adding a stallion to the roster will incur a cost of 0 credits for the season.

I just thought that there was no harm in asking as it would help the breeders who have progeny by him.

12/08/2012

Bomar (IRE) 2009

(C. by Sir Percy-Rubizzz)

1st Jagersro Svenskt Derby L, Kr.1491675 2400m earning Kr.745840

Sir Percy's stats are pretty outstanding. With Bomar taking out the Listed Swedish Derby (120,000 euros to the winner), he now has 5 stakesperformers from 1st crop.

Overall, he now has 25 individual 1st crop winners from 39 runners.

His second crop stats are equally as encouraging: 13 starters, 3 winners, 9 placegetters with 1 black type performer to date. I believe he had a very small NH second crop of around 30 foals only.

Over the next two weeks he has entries in Group 1 (Coquet and Salford Art in the Yorkshire Oaks 2400m), Group 3 (Alla Speranza 1700m stakes race for fillies) and Listed events for AZRUR (impressive 1st up 2yo winner) and Alla Speranza

Sir Percy's stats are pretty outstanding. With Bomar taking out the Listed Swedish Derby (120,000 euros to the winner), he now has 5 stakesperformers from 1st crop.

Overall, he now has 25 individual 1st crop winners from 39 runners.

His second crop stats are equally as encouraging: 13 starters, 3 winners, 9 placegetters with 1 black type performer to date. I believe he had a very small NH second crop of around 30 foals only.

Over the next two weeks he has entries in Group 1 (Coquet and Salford Art in the Yorkshire Oaks 2400m), Group 3 (Alla Speranza 1700m stakes race for fillies) and Listed events for AZRUR (impressive 1st up 2yo winner) and Alla Speranza

Presumably this will mean that he will have a healthy book for his third NH season and an upgrade in the standard of his mares, Results will be interesting.

If he comes back to NZ next season, I wonder what price he will stand at if his results keep on improving?

Arion has added a lot more countries on their stallion roster page (Aus, NZ, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Japan, Sth Africa, USA & Zimbabwe). Well done Arion as it is a great feature, as all the current information (including acceptances and results) and statistics are now at hand for all breeders to access.

Is there an equal mix of both sexes or more of one than the other?

Perhaps I had better get my 2yo filly broken in sooner rather than later? Have another due in Dec.

Good morning Race cafe. We have decided to become a member to answer all of your questions and make ourselves available for any suggestions you may have as to what you would like to see on our website.

Thank you Dibbles for your comments regarding our stallion roster. We are trying to expand our roster and move into the different areas, but as you can imagine, this is a lot of work and each stallion has to be researched thoroughly before we display the data, and considering this is a free service we provide, it does take a lower priority - but we will get there.

With regard to Sir Percy, he is not on our roster as we only list the current stallions standing at stud. We do not only list stallions in the current stud book (as suggested by grassroots) - we do try to find all stallions at stud and add them and are always happy to add a stallion that we have missed if a stud informs us.

We are trying to provide a service to breeders and don't want our roster clogged with stallions that are not currently available to them.

Maybe we need an archived area or a past stallions ??

We appreciate any feedback - positive or negative...

Cheers

Kyla Johnston

Thanks for that Kyla, so since Sir Percy is currently standing in Ireland at Lanwades Stud he will be able to be entered under the Ireland section of the Stallion Roster?

Once again thank you for the services you provide with the stallion roster and the horse tracker they are a great resource to breeders.

Thanks for that Kyla, so since Sir Percy is currently standing in Ireland at Lanwades Stud he will be able to be entered under the Ireland section of the Stallion Roster?

Once again thank you for the services you provide with the stallion roster and the horse tracker they are a great resource to breeders.

Yes - the horse tracker is a fantastic tool for breeders and something I really value in keeping track of movement on my mares page, and her wider family. Thanks Arion!

Yes - the horse tracker is a fantastic tool for breeders and something I really value in keeping track of movement on my mares page, and her wider family. Thanks Arion!

I have my mares listed on Arion as well as Sir Percy & Edenwold, having youngsters by both. I did have Coats Choice on but he has so many runners out there the pages went on and on - he is doing the job really well these days.

Is there an equal mix of both sexes or more of one than the other?

Perhaps I had better get my 2yo filly broken in sooner rather than later? Have another due in Dec.

Sir Percy so far is leaving an equal number of colts and fillies in both the stakesperformers ((Bomar (colt) and Coquet (filly) heading list)) department and the winners list.

Second crop stats are also encouraging with 4 winners and 8 placegetters from 13 starters

For sir percy, this time at beverley over 2400m called aliante

21 Aug:

Mirsaale (2yo) wins over 1400m at his second start;

24 Aug:

Gold Show (3yo) wins over 1600m;

Fleeting Image (3yo) wins over 2400m;

27 Aug:

Nile Knight (2yo) wins over 1400m;

28 Aug:

Van Percy (2yo) misses by a nose over 1800m at his second start.