RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Styxmyfavourite

Colin Slade

I hope Highlander and All Black Colin Slade calls time on his rugby-playing career ... undeniable talent has taken him as far as he has, but a succession of significant injuries are testimony to the fact that this sport of rugby is no longer for him ...playing-wise anyway. The rigours of the sport have taken a heavy toll on him, and he would be best-placed moving on with his life, surely. With the likes of the 'Hurricanes' Barrett coming through, I couldn't see him ever donning the black jersey again. I hope he makes the right decision.

It'll be interesting to see what shape he's in physically when he does return.

I wonder if he'll weigh in at 120kgs and have 6 tyres around his mid-rift like that useless fat Maori from Wainuiomata, Piri Weepu, had once he got over his broken leg?

I hope he does, Tackled ...there comes a time in most people's lives when they have to face the cold, hard facts ...as unpalatable as they may be, it's called reality. Been there..done that. As I said...hope he makes the right decision.

I remember a young bloke by the name of Jasin Goldsmith, one of the youngest ever All Blacks aged just 18 when he toured Australia in 1988.

He suffered a terrible leg injury very similar to Slades while playing for Auckland in 1989 and never really recovered.

Not saying that Slade won't recover,but just saying that injuries as severe as this involve healing not just the break but also the surrounding musculature and the altered mechanics of the body as a result.

Here is hoping for the best for Colin Slade

...to be a bad one , interesting in todays Press they note the much maligned hooker Corey Flynn has broken his arms 5 times,4 on the right ,plus a broken thumb , serious ankle and shoulder injuries and muscle tears that have ruled him out for long periods.

Since then , he has picked up a WC winners medal and increased his bank balance quite nicely.

...to be a bad one , interesting in todays Press they note the much maligned hooker Corey Flynn has broken his arms 5 times,4 on the right ,plus a broken thumb , serious ankle and shoulder injuries and muscle tears that have ruled him out for long periods.

Since then , he has picked up a WC winners medal and increased his bank balance quite nicely.

Still can't throw for shit though.