RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jkstlkr

Has anyone heard how Shankar Muniandy is

He was first thought to have broken the leg but reports are after going to hospital it is very badly bruised and he cant put weight on it, such a shame for Shankar who was riding winner after winner of late.

For us townies please explain??? :confused:

I think you'll find it was a tongue in cheek comment....wingatui having just been "renovated", with new grass laid and low and behold we have horses slipping. The new grass is crap, has a shallow root system and may I hazard a guess that it had been mown too short too...???

And more Gold Stars awarded for the Turftech grass mix that is the saviour of all newly-reconstructed tracks. Well done.

Turftech dont mix grassseed it is supplied through Wrigtsons and anyway they didnt use a mixed grassseed anyway, it was a old an proven seed. Need to get facts.

I think you'll find it was a tongue in cheek comment....wingatui having just been "renovated", with new grass laid and low and behold we have horses slipping. The new grass is crap, has a shallow root system and may I hazard a guess that it had been mown too short too...???

I thought the turn out of the straight was reconstructed.

Turftech dont mix grassseed it is supplied through Wrigtsons and anyway they didnt use a mixed grassseed anyway, it was a old an proven seed. Need to get facts.

Ah. Apologies.

A senior industry official did state, in my presence, that Turftech, being ' world-renowned' for their expertise, use their 'track mix' for want of a better term on a nationwide application.

Clearly then, he was mistaken.

Track managers should be ordering their seed directly through Wrightsons and the expense of using Turftech as consultants could be saved.

Ah. Apologies.

A senior industry official did state, in my presence, that Turftech, being ' world-renowned' for their expertise, use their 'track mix' for want of a better term on a nationwide application.

Track managers should be ordering their seed directly through Wrightsons and the expense of using Turftech as consultants could be saved.

Do we believe Crow, if there was a problem what was it and why did it arise on a reconstucted track, calling off meetings is not the answer, we must get these tracks right or racing will suffer.:mad

The area reconsructed was I believe the area the fall accurred on.This was according to Shane Anderton at Timaru on monday and he would know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freda quoted the "senior industry official" and I was also present.This came about when we stated that the stipe "Mr J McLaughlan" had been at the Rangiora jumpouts and had said that the best part of the Rangiora track was the areas with Brown Top.We suggested that this perhaps should be sown into this track but we are told that the experts (Turf Tech) recommend this Turf Mix is the one that is used at all tracks.This is the same mix that was put in at Mcleans Island for the show jumpers and also on several polo fields but was quickly replaced when the horses could not hold their footing and was quickly replaced!!!!!!!!!!!

The turf Mix grass may look good but it is shallow rooted and requires a lot of water.The more you water a grass the lazier you make it as the root system doesn;t have to go looking for water.Any farmer will tell you that.

Sooooooooo,why do all these so called experts not take a step backwards and look at why this is happening all the time.

Also STEEL GALLOPING plates have more grip than alloys.

And are the same weight!

The only 2 things that have changed over the years is the shoes and the grass type.About time some ordinary old commonsense was used!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah. Apologies.

Turftech are consultants e.g They design the job. Give specifications on how to do job. Oversee that the construction is carried out to specifications. Tell you what is the best seed to use, which is designed by Wrigthsons through their trials of developing seeds. Be accountable for returning the new reconstruction back to client ready for use. Questions to be asked are, have any of the consultants used achieved that. Has Wrightsons devloped the right cultivar for what is required in the racing industry. Does one seed suit all the various soil conditions in New Zealand, I think not.

Turftech are consultants e.g They design the job. Give specifications on how to do job. Oversee that the construction is carried out to specifications. Tell you what is the best seed to use, which is designed by Wrigthsons through their trials of developing seeds. Be accountable for returning the new reconstruction back to client ready for use. Questions to be asked are, have any of the consultants used achieved that. Has Wrightsons devloped the right cultivar for what is required in the racing industry. Does one seed suit all the various soil conditions in

New Zealand, I think not.[/quote

Obviously not.

As consultants, then, why blame Wrightsons for working to specifications?

Get a few local farmers on the job, save thousands and get the job done properly.

You know this how? Why dont you give the Course Manager a call or better still ask him when you are down there to ride a jumper, if you still do that.

Dont blame Wrightsons as they only supply seed they dont sow it into the prepared surface. Thats the consultants job to make sure the surface is well prepared, just like any farmer does, as he oversees the job. Then he should monitor its growth and development. As you put it a consultant is very well paid and then not accountable for a failed product. If they are so good they should have the expertise to rectify any issues and stop passing the buck.

No one is blaming Wrightsons.

We are all saying; get it right,this is ruining our industry,If it,s not working and obviously it,s not, go back to what did work.

Forget about what looks pretty on TV, go with the safe option before our industry is completly ruined.Surely someone can use their brains and sort it!!!!!!!

As consultants, then, why blame Wrightsons for working to specifications?

Get a few local farmers on the job, save thousands and get the job done properly.

Poorly worded.

It should have read ' as Turftech are the consultants, why blame Wrightsons..'