RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Ocean park

Ocean Park will win a big one in Oz!!! No Luck today!...call it a dog ride...jockeys riding against him...bad luck...however you look at it....a top run considering! His day will come! Look out Australia when Silent Achiever arrives!!! :)

Didn't really watch him through the run, although saw he came out slow and he was on the rail wasn't he?

Don't think you can blame the ride, and I doubt they were riding against him per se, he wasn't the hot pot or anything.

As you say Chelseacol they didn't want a wet track for him. A decent run though everything considered.

What about the winner though, she is something else! Wonder where she'll go from here, they've got her in everything.

Wasn't his best ride, the dog ride call was knee jerk bias reaction. They will taste success soon enough
Don't blame you Gruff...I was of the same opinion initially....he got more interference than a choir boy up the straight!!! :eek:

But gave you good indication fordy,you take out the hard luck stories by putting the horse in a position to avoid such "misfortune".22.8 last 400 being checked and held up.kick off williams and start again,particularly in sydney

with the ride. It was a typical G1 Aussie tight race run on a wet track. Mosheen took many bumps before getting out over the last 150m and O. Park would not have beaten it. It was a good run on what was probably an unsuitable track. A mate of mine nearly got up with his horse "Said Com". Had it won everywhere but the post. However, he's had heaps of luck with Rangirangdo so he's not doing too bad.

There's a good crop of 3yo's around and Ocean Park will have to be at his best to win in the Group races. The Rosehill Guineas or Canterbury Guineas may be better races for him.

Watch Kings Rose in the Doncaster!

Watching the replay I tend to disagree with you Apprentice.

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/Vision/video_popout.aspx?mediaid=1005102 (should be open for the rest of the day)

At about the 300m mark Ocean Park got really badly checked, picked himself up, and still came home at least as well as Mosheen until he had to slow up to avoid Manawanui.

Take the check out and he could very well have beaten Mosheen home.

Tend to agree Roger. Looked to be finishing the race off pretty well all things considered and not too far from the winner in probably the worst part of the track.

Will be interesting to see who rides next time - if Williams sticks with him that will say a lot.

But gave you good indication fordy,you take out the hard luck stories by putting the horse in a position to avoid such "misfortune".22.8 last 400 being checked and held up.kick off williams and start again,particularly in sydney

Gruff you being the expert, how would you suggest he gets the horse to do as he is asked and jump out quickly, do you think he wanted to miss the kick, get real, you really always only be negative about any jockey you talk about, you are becoming a joke.

OP did cop a check. But Mosheen was also banged from Pillar to Post but still managed to get up. It was a typical rough Sydney G1. Given the run OP had, I don't think you can blame Williams for it not winning. Them's the breaks.

Mosheen never got banged from pillar to post, she had a clear run from the top of the straight to the 150 where she had to angle across heels. However when she sprinted she really took off. OP may have been close but don't know if he would have beaten her.

OP did cop a check. But Mosheen was also banged from Pillar to Post but still managed to get up. It was a typical rough Sydney G1. Given the run OP had, I don't think you can blame Williams for it not winning. Them's the breaks.

Agree about Williams, just a victim of circumstance.

As for Mosheen, still not convinced that the interference she had was as bad as OP, but you're right, them's the breaks and she was a deserving winner.

Maybe next time...

I might be biased, but I thought Darci Be Good ran a bold 1600 metres in this race. Ridden cold, he finished strongly in the straight, suffered a couple of checks but was still very close at the end. He will be much better suited by the Rosehill Guineas' distance and of course the ATC Derby.

He has been a bit "forgotten", but was very strong in the Spring.

Gruff you being the expert, how would you suggest he gets the horse to do as he is asked and jump out quickly, do you think he wanted to miss the kick, get real, you really always only be negative about any jockey you talk about, you are becoming a joke.

Just my opinion scoobs, take it or leave it. Im no expert but my assessment of Salvatore proved right and Worthing would of won more had been ridden more pro actively I'm sure. And as far as being negative I tend to be more of a realist, and for every good ride there are ten bad. You tend to defend the jockeys regardless scoob so your opinion is always pro industry

Just my opinion scoobs, take it or leave it. Im no expert but my assessment of Salvatore proved right and Worthing would of won more had been ridden more pro actively I'm sure. And as far as being negative I tend to be more of a realist, and for every good ride there are ten bad. You tend to defend the jockeys regardless scoob so your opinion is always pro industry

or maybe its not good enough? hes ran into a very good crop of 3yos..

And as far as being negative I tend to be more of a realist, and for every good ride there are ten bad.

That's being a realist? Ten bad rides for every good one? On average that's only one good ride per race? Is that really what you're suggesting?

John, I think you are right re Darci Be Good. My mail has it that he is being aimed at the longer races and trained for them. The Rosehill Guineas (if he starts) will see him right in the thick of it and maybe the Derby. But the 3yo's are good and there are a few good stayers amongst them this year.

John, I think you are right re Darci Be Good. My mail has it that he is being aimed at the longer races and trained for them. The Rosehill Guineas (if he starts) will see him right in the thick of it and maybe the Derby. But the 3yo's are good and there are a few good stayers amongst them this year.

Thanks Apprentice for your comments. I believe your "mail" is accurate indeed.