RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
STRAIGHT STRIKE

Mc Donalds ride in the Diamond Stakes yesterday ??

Davey Boy.

Go away and learn how to read a race! The drivel you write gives you up as exactly what you are.

Get another hobby!

I remind you as well i asked for rational,balanced,knowlegable and UNBIAS opinion.

Please learn how to read and comprehend before you engage your ? brain ? please Miles , it is not a huge ask.

The Stewards report is probably as unbias as one would get. Anyone involved with the thoroughbreds in the race would be biast to a point.

Jane, please use the dictionary if you don't know how to spell.

If the Stewards told you to jump off the Auckland Harbour bridge you would do that to without question?

In my view it will remain one of the most reckless rides I have ever seen in any race, let alone a stakes race.

McDonald is a very good jockey, of that there is no doubt, but he still has much to learn. Perhaps it will take an injury for him to learn to respect the health of his fellow jocks.

What it does reveal, is the significant weaknesses still left within our industry structure!

If the Stewards told you to jump off the Auckland Harbour bridge you would do that to without question?

In my view it will remain one of the most reckless rides I have ever seen in any race, let alone a stakes race.

McDonald is a very good jockey, of that there is no doubt, but he still has much to learn. Perhaps it will take an injury for him to learn to respect the health of his fellow jocks.

What it does reveal, is the significant weaknesses still left within our industry structure!

Totally agree with this view 100%

I remind you as well i asked for rational,balanced,knowlegable and UNBIAS opinion.

Please learn how to read and comprehend before you engage your ? brain ? please Miles , it is not a huge ask.

Generally the most irrational, unblanced, least knowledgeable and biased person, will be the one quoting rational, balanced, knowlegable and unbaised argument.

Just for you John 'unbiased'.

Better to have the odd mispelling than to miss the point that was being made.

The point is that stewards are not prejudiced whereas connections to the thoroughbreds are more likely to be. That was my point.

Generally the most irrational, unblanced, least knowledgeable and biased person, will be the one quoting rational, balanced, knowlegable and unbaised argument.
or friends which influence your thoughts and opinions Idolmite, that is the sad thing but you are entitled to do that , it isn't a punishable offence , it just shows your strength of character, or rather lack of it .

Clydesdale should know better. Everyone pushes the wrong key on occasions or spells a word wrong. It then takes a smartrrrrrs to show how good they are to pick it up but to only then do "EXACTLY" what they were criticising!! But fair dinkum, to confuse too with to? That takes the cake! You are a real plodder Clydesdale.

Clydesdale should know better. Everyone pushes the wrong key on occasions or spells a word wrong. It then takes a smartrrrrrs to show how good they are to pick it up but to only then do "EXACTLY" what they were criticising!! But fair dinkum, to confuse too with to? That takes the cake! You are a real plodder Clydesdale.

Yes, I did get that wrong and it is good to see that people are reading now and using their dictionary. And I can also see the apprentice has moved on with his English, but perhaps he could learn some more about the wonderful english language and the word "bias" before getting personal in his comments. Clearly you will never leave your apprenticeship with that attitude as you haven't yet learned enough.

All you can ask for is consistency and integrity from those making decisions to penalize Jockeys for questionable, careless or improper rides.

James, absolutely the best in the country, but firstly to delay the inquiry into his ride in the Nathans, and then dismiss it, I question. The punter was not protected here. To suggest he did ALL he could to stop the filly rolling out, I'm not convinced.

On the flip side in the same week, Matt Cameron get's 13 days, plus a $2,200 fine for two Derby incidents, one for checking Carrick first time past the winning post (probably fair enough although the rider of Carrick did kick up to keep Cameron out deliberately) and then "improper" riding for his colt bumping past a fast stopping Guess What as they entered the straight.

But Nash get's nothing for the Durham Town incident - neither careless, nor improper. Yet a rider and horse are injured.

Consistency? Doesn't appear so...

The only thing consistent is the inconsistency!!

ride hard, straighten, ride hard, straighten etc etc. So maybe he did try. Moral is tho, from where he was at the turn into the straight and where he finished, was it 8 or 12 horses wide? So much for straightening one's mount. He should have got a suspension of some sort. But he didn't and that's it.

Agree he did ride hard, then straighten, ride hard then straighten. He made some attempt at corrective action at least, it's easy to say it wasn't enough in hindsight.

The flip side of this is that if he had stopped riding completely, the horse might have been beaten out of a place and punters would be on here saying he didn't ride her out properly/give her every chance.

Agree he did ride hard, then straighten, ride hard then straighten. He made some attempt at corrective action at least, it's easy to say it wasn't enough in hindsight.

The flip side of this is that if he had stopped riding completely, the horse might have been beaten out of a place and punters would be on here saying he didn't ride her out properly/give her every chance.

Like punters saying he didn't ride Shez Sensational properly or give her every chance to win the Nathans Memorial at $2.30 to win. About that...