RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rosemary telephone operator

Sell-out crowd expected!!

For tonights league Test.....NZ v Tonga at Rotorua.

The current WORLD CHAMPIONS, versus a team stacked full of NRL stars.

Who WOULDN'T want to go and watch this thrilling spectacle!

League's a better, faster game.....and more spectacular to watch...and what better way to welcome home the World Champs than with a capacity crowd in Rotorua tonight.

It should be a ripper and I can't wait to watch the game.....and to see the massive crowd cheering their boys on.

Kia kaha bro's!!

League's a better, faster game.....and more spectacular to watch...and what better way to welcome home the World Champs than with a capacity crowd in Rotorua tonight.

It should be a ripper and I can't wait to watch the game.....and to see the massive crowd cheering their boys on.

Kia kaha bro's!!

There's at least a couple of explanations for the anticipated low turnout, Chris:

1. The town is still in mourning for Sir Howard...

2. Tonight's the 'Shorty St' episode where Gerald, gasp, 'crosses an ethical boundary'...

There's at least a couple of explanations for the anticipated low turnout, Chris:

2. Tonight's the 'Shorty St' episode where Gerald, gasp, 'crosses an ethical boundary'...

The BOP rugby team who have run out of "Steam" losing their last 3 in a row to drop out of Semi Final contention

No no no Murray, it'll be a sellout!!

I think it was richy rich on here just recently, telling us all about how league was on the way up etc......so i'm expecting the league community to really get behind their team tonight.

I mean, if the All Whites can pre-sell 15,000 tickets for their game against Bahrain ( & that was BEFORE their 1st leg was played ), then SURELY they should get at least 25,000 for tonights game!!

Kia kaha bro's!!

Ahhh yes indeed CT I cant wait.There should be a crowd in excess of 30,000 to see our World Champion Kiwi side in action.

The All Blacks managed 25-30,000 when they played Tonga at North Harbour Stadium,and they weren't even World Champs then!With Union on a massive downward spiral and League on the upswing,we can expect a huge night.

Go the Kiwis.

Actually, Chris, the crowd wasn't that bad!

'Bad' is a word better used about the quality of the League on offer!

So it was sold out then Murray???

Sorry...didn't get to see the game....too busy.....I wanted to watch the game but I chose to spend the time removing the lint build-up from my belly-button instead.

I wish I had "My-Sky".

Only 7,500!!!!!!!

To see the World Champions!!!

Well, well, well.....I am flabbergasted!!

And the NZRL budgeted for 6,000!!!

Ho ho ho

So where were all the leaguies last night? I can't believe that they didn't pull a crowd of 25,000 plus.

Hell....even Manawatu attract more people to their games.

I guess that means Rugby League is still in the doldrums then!!.......where it has been, and always will be.....along with anyone that actually supports "bullrush!"

Ho ho ho....7,500 indeed.

Any Murray Meads says that that is not a bad crowd!!!.......Ha!!

7,500?? Surely you jest!

That comma must be in the wrong place,surely it must be 75,000?

To watch the current World Champs of a sport hailed as the next best thing,a sport that will take over from the National game because its in a huge downward spiral?

7,500.Pathetic.Chris Taylor,I hope you have your facts wrong.This does not bode well for Rugby League.....

Who would have thought that it would turn into such a spectacle.Tonga were fantastic but the Kiwis were rusty with so many new players and also players without game time recently.

I dont really think that we can foot it with England and Oz in the four nations but what last night showed is a thirst for international league in the provinces.

That is the payoff for winning the World Cup.

Any Murray Meads says that that is not a bad crowd!!!.......Ha!!

Given the expected ground conditions, the predicted bad weather, the apparent shortage of covered seating at Rotorua, the anticipated 'weakness' of the Tongans (ranked 8th in the world), it being a Wednesday night etc etc I'd say 7,500 wasn't bad, Chris.

Certain sports in this country - and I think you can guess which one I am pointing the finger at - would cream themselves at a daily attendance of 7,500! Although you would probably, and rightly, counter by saying 'The Black Caps have never been World Champs!'..

Let's transpose things.

Same city, same circumstances, but this time the All Blacks up against the 8th-ranked team in the world (Wales)...

I'd suggest, quite seriously, that the crowd wouldn't have been overly different.

(We'll get a chance to see that next year: New Zealand will play Ireland in New Plymouth and Wales in both Dunedin and Hamilton before their 2010 Tri-Nations campaign begins...)

Let's transpose things.

Same city, same circumstances, but this time the All Blacks up against the 8th-ranked team in the world (Wales)...

I'd suggest, quite seriously, that the crowd wouldn't have been overly different.

(We'll get a chance to see that next year: New Zealand will play Ireland in New Plymouth and Wales in both Dunedin and Hamilton before their 2010 Tri-Nations campaign begins...)

The All Blacks get more than that at trainings...

I would bet my left testicle...no...both my testicles...that the ABs would never ever ever in a million years get any less than 20,000 to a test match regardless of whether they played the Ivory Coast on a Monday afternoon!

Fact: No one gave a ****e last night,and no one gives a ****e about League outside of the NRL,which is hyped up to the max!

settle down there pussy.Just because you and your bum**** mate taylor cant handle the mans game no need to rubbish it,im sure when you get your hand off his cock for more than a minute,you will suddenly see its the real mccoy.

Given the expected ground conditions, the predicted bad weather, the apparent shortage of covered seating at Rotorua, the anticipated 'weakness' of the Tongans (ranked 8th in the world), it being a Wednesday night etc etc I'd say 7,500 wasn't bad, Chris.

Certain sports in this country - and I think you can guess which one I am pointing the finger at - would cream themselves at a daily attendance of 7,500! Although you would probably, and rightly, counter by saying 'The Black Caps have never been World Champs!'..

Let's transpose things.

What an idiotic post......but not surprising from someone who prefers Trentham over the Basin Reserve.

This has to be a wind-up!!!

You're saying that a midweek game...AB's v Wales, would only draw 7,500!!

You're outta your friggin mind Murray....I doubt that i've seen anything as absurd as this on RaceCafe....well done!

Splash out then

I'd rather spend the money on something more honourable brad, something with integrity.......like a harness racing syndicate managed by your goodself.

Ho ho ho.....oh boy, this thread sure has some comics coming out of the woodwork........Brad, Richyrich, Murray Meads......and yet I know there's still more to come!!

Can't wait!!

I doubt that i've seen anything as absurd as this on RaceCafe....well done!

Well, Chris, old son, I'll happily acknowledge that you know far more than me when it comes to absurd posts. I mean, just consider how many you must have sired all by yourself...

:cool:

The All Blacks get more than that at trainings...

I would bet my left testicle...no...both my testicles...that the ABs would never ever ever in a million years get any less than 20,000 to a test match regardless of whether they played the Ivory Coast on a Monday afternoon!

Fact: No one gave a ****e last night,and no one gives a ****e about League outside of the NRL,which is hyped up to the max!

Just remember you cant bet what you havnt got! :D

Just remember you cant bet what you havnt got! :D

Well,you know Torch,as I was about to hit the submit button,I thought "I better change it" to left leg?Right Arm?

Nah,I thought,she'll be right,no one will pick it up:D