RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
berleybag

veyron wins again

veyron donkey licked a good field again at otaki on saturday and was snubbed by the trackside team.

no post race interview with trainer or jockey and to make matters worse, the owner was leading the horse back and the ignorant trackside presenter said "and here is the trainer , linda laing with the winner now".

they spent 10mins after king mufhasa won at melb, the trainer, jockey and owner his uncle et al. interviewed post race.

yes it was a great win but he was cleaned up by veyron the week before.

and not even 30 secs post race, when veyron wins a group 1 here.

veyron donkey licked a good field again at otaki on saturday and was snubbed by the trackside team.

no post race interview with trainer or jockey and to make matters worse, the owner was leading the horse back and the ignorant trackside presenter said "and here is the trainer , linda laing with the winner now".

they spent 10mins after king mufhasa won at melb, the trainer, jockey and owner his uncle et al. interviewed post race.

I am sure it WAS Linda that was leading the horse back to scale

I doubt that Veyron has slipped under the radar. Perhaps the interviewers had their reasons. I once saw an interviewer trying to talk to David Archer and he turned around and said "Excuse me I just have to go and give my horse a pat". (or words to that affect).

I am sure they know what a quality horse Veyron is and if they don't they should be in another field of employment.

I wouldn't get all aggitated because King Mufhasa got a bit of acknowledgement, he had just beaten the Cox Plate winner. Not to mention it was his 9th Group One win.

I, too would have liked to see some post-race time spent on Veyron (even if it had to be recorded and shown later).

I very much enjoyed the pre-race T Lee interview with Linda Laing, although Veyron himself stole the show.

Trackside had no presenter on track and the comment about here is Linda Laing leading in the horse came from in studio somewhere. T Lee was doing a couple of lead up interviews but there was no one track side for Trackside on Saturday...... quality Group 1 coverage - I think not..........

she dosnt wear glasses, and i know linda when i see her.

i didnt mean to take anything away from king mufhasa, but why dont we allow trainers with smaller stables their place in the sun.

a group 1 race is big deal here or aussie.

]

linda was taught by the best and is one of our top trainers, trackside wouldnt have done that to rodger james or the mckees.

linda has a strike rate in the low sixes and mug trainers cant do that.

the "top" trainers cant do that either for that matter.

she dosnt wear glasses, and i know linda when i see her.

i didnt mean to take anything away from king mufhasa, but why dont we allow trainers with smaller stables their place in the sun.

a group 1 race is big deal here or aussie.

]

linda was taught by the best and is one of our top trainers, trackside wouldnt have done that to rodger james or the mckees.

linda has a strike rate in the low sixes and mug trainers cant do that.

the "top" trainers cant do that either for that matter.

I don't disagree with what you have said.

I have backed Linda's horses on many occassions because she is a good trainer BUT don't tell everyone, it will crash the returns. I never doubted that Veyron would win that race and it was good to see several punters gain minus 50 points in the losers get laid comp. :) Can I say that without offending anyone?

mufhasa's win......ehy is that?.

i would guess they are still getting over the fact he was ass kicked by veyron at te rapa, and they shyed away from backing him on saturday.

I wait with baited breath to watch Veyron take on last years Cox Plate winner. King Mufhasa went out favourite.

mufhasa's win......ehy is that?.

i would guess they are still getting over the fact he was ass kicked by veyron at te rapa, and they shyed away from backing him on saturday.

Mufhasa has a couple of lengths on Veyron at both 1400m and 1600m. However, Veyron has always been a favourite of mine. I remember backing him twice over 1200m at Ellerslie on Premier Days and he payed I think $7's both times. Couldn't believe it. He is a smart horse.

ps: before you bring up the Waikato Sprint. Mufhasa sat 3 wide on the hectic clip, on the pace without cover. Left in front. Veyron had one shot at him and got the better of him late. Nothing away from him that day, but boy how stiff was Mufhasa.

if you watch the race you will see veyron follow mufhasa round the turn, then pull out and pass him.

i saw a horse called taverstock do much the same thing a couple of years ago.

Veyron got a dream run, as he did on Saturday. Don't forget how much ground the two mares made up on him on Saturday including Guisepina who isn't a 1600m horse, and they both came real wide on the turn while Veyron got a soft rails run and took a shortcut. Reverse the runs and you could reverse the result. But he is a quality animal but I personally believe Mufhasa has a bit on him!! 9 Group Ones, 2 in Australia and almost $3m in stakes. Veyron has a long way too go!!