RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
steveh

misty heights at Otaki

...for gods sakes, a plea to rider, connections, trainer:

pls take advantage of the 1 draw - dont have it last on the inside, pretty please...

Got a feeling that the horse is the one who decides to be the back runner by nature. She goes good thou. Shes on a roomy track so she should be in with a grin :)

Got a feeling that the horse is the one who decides to be the back runner by nature. She goes good thou. Shes on a roomy track so she should be in with a grin :)

i hope so great fixed odds value at $8.50 at the moment. great chance im on

Got a feeling that the horse is the one who decides to be the back runner by nature... :)

possibly, but it will only win when they urge it to go AGAINST its nature and take a more forward position...

possibly, but it will only win when they urge it to go AGAINST its nature and take a more forward position...

Well she was handy last Saturday like you think she should be and low and behold she got shot down in the final stages, she was only 5lens from the winner.

Some horses run on better when taking a sit and waiting for the final couple of furlongs.

Well she was handy last Saturday like you think she should be and low and behold she got shot down in the final stages, she was only 5lens from the winner.

Some horses run on better when taking a sit and waiting for the final couple of furlongs.

The race was a walking pace, as most lower grade staying races seem to have become now in NZ, that means there can be some incongruous results - the winner is a definite battler without much ability, but because it walked them in front, it was able to win, and M H was a bit disappointing.

As for your 2nd point, that is the conventional thinking, but i can cite literally DOZENS of horses that run OK from the rear WITHOUT winning, that win when they are ridden handier for once.

Bizzare post. I didn't see the race, but if the horse is that good and raced handy on a slow pace how on earth did it get beaten by a battler without ability?

exactly right, i backed this horse too, it had every chance. i think someone is just talking through their pocket

As for your 2nd point, that is the conventional thinking, but i can cite literally DOZENS of horses that run OK from the rear WITHOUT winning, that win when they are ridden handier for once.

So what you're saying is we need some unconventional thinking? How about EVERY horse is ridden handier then they would all have better chances.

BTW in the example you cite, the horse than finished second and just died on its run was last at the turn.

I bet you Rumpole would love to have you representing the other side as he would never lose a case.

Bizzare post. I didn't see the race, but if the horse is that good and raced handy on a slow pace how on earth did it get beaten by a battler without ability?

Sorry, which post is bizzare? quote my post where I said anything about Misty Heights' ability... I believe the winner is most definately a battler, and Misty Heights ran a VERY average 7th - but as i said, strange results often happen when they crawl in front...

How's the list going steveh?

No need to be a w@nker mate, or am i misinterpreting the subtext of your contributions here? If one was available, i bet you would've used a smiley face with both eyes looking up and to the side, eh, buddy? But then again, that would've been kinda patronising, eh, don't ya reckon?

If i am right that your tone is kind of, just a WEE bit, "what does this fool think he's talking about", then i could well be wasting my time even giving you some examples, but lets provoke a bit of discussion, perhaps? Shall we?

Just to quote myself, to make it quite clear to which point the following list relates, and also just to preempt idolmite, i do realise dozenS (emphasis intended)means at least 24, the winning runs of the following [dozen] horses illustrate my point, IMHO:

Roddick

Cissy Bowen

Lolly

Smartly

Rhythm Divine

Credit Crunch

Barney

Lovetohaveit

Torque It

Sharki Brahma

and indeed, Misty Heights itself.