RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JimJess

2012 Inter Dominion

Your comparing supertab with supertab on a series run in n.z versus a local one, a local series in which there are only a handful of kiwi runners.

Now gruffy wuffy I didn't expect to drag you into a futile attempt at rearranging the deck chairs on the big ship, I eagerly await Captain James Guess to respond.

But in the interest of trying soothe the terrible truth wounds that you and the captain have suffered I will respond to the silliness again.

In Perth we have the worst,weakest, series ever conducted which is full of claimers and terrible short priced winners who are STIFLING BETTING and it is being compared the most perfect format that could ever be conducted in a series in Auckland with a very similar amount of great horses in both.

This has been offered to the real punters

on an identical platform as in the same oppurtunity is there to punt on both series on supertab on sky,betting shops,and all things punting premises throughout Aus not just WA.

Real punters look to back winners, not countries and one format has provided this by fact and one hasn't.

Oh and by the way I'd get that Duffy sore looked at as it could develop into something nasty

Jimmy Jimmy guess the most accurate and well thought out thing you have posted is the last paragraph in this post.

Jimmy keep reading and discover your new found talent

I have watched with great interest as you flit around from topic to topic professing to the be harness racings guardian angel and the king of all things punting with your yap yap $1.20 yap yap this destroys everything for the punter shoulda $1.04 coulda worst weakest series full claimers, who would bet on it yap yap.

So I thought well I'll have a bit of a look at some facts combined with a bit of history, now I know that you and a few of your pocket talking mates don't care much with this way of thinking as the truth that is harboured in them may get in the way of a good story or force you to look outside the square but what they revealed to me are that you are absolutely full of shit

Keep reading jimmy it gets better

I figured that should one have a look at betting (on supertab) on last years inters compared to this years horror series that the full compliment of punters will tell us what they think of the two.

The first 2 nights of the perth inter heats

t/over $2,191,580 at an average per heat of $273,947.

The first and only 2 nights of the Auckland inters

t/over $1,058,000 at an average t/over of $264,500

I've even tried to let some of your $1.04,$1.10, $1.20 yap slither into the equation in some twisted sort of logical way by comparing the betting only on Smoken Ups and ITMQ 2 heats for the 2 series, pretty easy really as they won the only 4 heats last year even though your logic had them racing each other in the heats. Aucklands t/over and average as above. Perths t/over $1,025,000 at an average of $256,250 when only racing claimers in a betting stifled series and paying just over $1 yap yap

Considering both clubs had the choice of how to run the series to best supply the punter with a product to bet on and also considering that the Perth series still has 2 nights to go their final t/over will go well beyond $4mil.

Thank goodness there is vision and knowledge in the west and no kiwis got in on the act to produce something like last year.

Jimmy boy I guess I don't know how to put it any other way you may have to speak to your therapist about that.

I wait with baited breath for your reply as I contemplate question-- is there any new ways to rearrange the deck chairs on the TITANIC

Come on Captain

You did say that you fail to see where your missing the obvious.

If it hurst that much maybe you should speak to your personal back patter smoken up and get some of the stuff that she has been smoken up on then you may see the " pretty pretty" big picture

Now gruffy wuffy I didn't expect to drag you into a futile attempt at rearranging the deck chairs on the big ship, I eagerly await Captain James Guess to respond.

But in the interest of trying soothe the terrible truth wounds that you and the captain have suffered I will respond to the silliness again.

In Perth we have the worst,weakest, series ever conducted which is full of claimers and terrible short priced winners who are STIFLING BETTING and it is being compared the most perfect format that could ever be conducted in a series in Auckland with a very similar amount of great horses in both.

This has been offered to the real punters

on an identical platform as in the same oppurtunity is there to punt on both series on supertab on sky,betting shops,and all things punting premises throughout Aus not just WA.

Real punters look to back winners, not countries and one format has provided this by fact and one hasn't.

Oh and by the way I'd get that Duffy sore looked at as it could develop into something nasty

your argument is floored,there are to many variables at work,to get the real truth behind these figures would be a logistical nightmare.ive got no problem with this series or the format,just with you suggesting im talking through my pocket when a horse gets carved up in the opening round of a three round series. forget the captain and cut out all your yap yap yap and inform us of your top tips this weekend in harness .

It sounds like Auckland Reactor is starting to fire up at the right time.And Kerrie,yea the barrier draw will be vital,in regards to who Ants will drive..i think Raglan will have to go damn well,and also draw well to get Ants off AR.

It sounds like Auckland Reactor is starting to fire up at the right time.And Kerrie,yea the barrier draw will be vital,in regards to who Ants will drive..i think Raglan will have to go damn well,and also draw well to get Ants off AR.

....Butt and Butt .

AR and THerlihy.....first choice then Orange ?

Family big in Harness.

After Raglan's run....i think Ants will know that his best chance of winning the final lays with Auckland Reactor..as comparing the 2 runs last night...the Reactor has the better chance of beating Imthemightyquinn.So i'm picking that Ants will be on AR...tho he'll probably still wait til after the barrier draw before making a final decision.

your argument is floored,there are to many variables at work,to get the real truth behind these figures would be a logistical nightmare.ive got no problem with this series or the format,just with you suggesting im talking through my pocket when a horse gets carved up in the opening round of a three round series. forget the captain and cut out all your yap yap yap and inform us of your top tips this weekend in harness .

Well done Gruffy you can see the obvious far to many variables, but when you read the sheer shit that the Captain and Smokey were coming up with I needed to see if there was a glimmer of intelligence between them. Having said that it was still an enormous night of punting once again with s/tab showing over $1mil on the heats.

The real punters love to back obvious winners and short price horses stifle betting on small pools, but in this event the biggest of the year the Perth club has got it right with the punters swarming on to the champs, great credit to the club.

Sorry I was unable to respond as your post was to late for me (on our way to the heats)

One observation was Anthony Butt (like Gary Hall) would have been suspended on a normal night for causing a horse to gallop as he moved 3 deep on his sons horse entering the straight approaching the bell, but I guess the stewards will come from every angle to keep the drawcards ther for final night

Without being biased (maybe a little bit)

I believe only bad luck can beat IMQ, up until last night I favoured SU and thought only a truck driven onto the track would stop him. Having the chance to watch them in the flesh through the series gives a good guide but last night IMQ went beyond what all fervent horse followers could have imagined.

Then again I'm not an orphan in being wrong.

Hey SDU went okay for third

I was very surprised to see SDU in the thick of it night three,Although there are some standouts in this series, horses who have certainly raised the bar in harness racing in Australasia the so called minnows have performed above their station. To see 3min broken for 2506m on a tight track is insane. I remember the interdoms at addington where master musician set up a 3.08 2600, I think desperate comment may of held the record. These times havnt been revisited for years,and two under ran 3.17 at Alex park beating mark Hanover and Christopher Vance over 2700, sushi sushi posted similar recently.This final has the potential to be the most exciting gutbusting interdom of all time,and although a short run home we could see this race won by the horse following up 3 wide down the back.Can't wait

I was very surprised to see SDU in the thick of it night three,Although there are some standouts in this series, horses who have certainly raised the bar in harness racing in Australasia the so called minnows have performed above their station. To see 3min broken for 2506m on a tight track is insane. I remember the interdoms at addington where master musician set up a 3.08 2600, I think desperate comment may of held the record. These times havnt been revisited for years,and two under ran 3.17 at Alex park beating mark Hanover and Christopher Vance over 2700, sushi sushi posted similar recently.This final has the potential to be the most exciting gutbusting interdom of all time,and although a short run home we could see this race won by the horse following up 3 wide down the back.Can't wait

Cheers Gruffy

Reminicsing on old times made me think of the mighty Mount Eden who went to Addington in 1971. He bungled the start in every race he ever had including his only mobile he raced in, the miracle mile where he lost 60/70 yards and still won.

While at Addington onlookers were stunned when Jack Miles trotted him (not paced) a mile in 2min in training.

He put himself out of contention in every heat except 1 (2nd) by losing big distances at the start, he was timed to run his last mile and a half in a 2600 and something yards heat in an incredible 2min-56secs when driven by Doodey Townley from NZ.

He sold to the US after winning the miracle mile for $300,000us which was $268,000au at the time.

In comparing his value to a Holden car at that time his current sale price would be close on $35mil

An absolute freak

It has already been announced that Tony Herlihy will be driving Auckland Reactor in the final

I think all that has been announced is that Herlihy will definitely drive AR if (and it's a big IF) Ants drives Raglan. No driver has been announced for Raglan if the opposite scenraio happens.