RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo

Black Sardine (aus)

That news article (if true) would certainly rub salt into the wound of the connections of the other runners yesterday. Don't you reckon?

Did the result really indicate tiredness or did the connections expect Black Caviar to crack the record and the fact that she didn't has drawn the conclusion she must be tired? I did hear Peter Moody say he thought it was a 'hard run for her'. It didn't really look it but I suppose it was, backing up from last week. It was a great effort considering and lesser horses would not have done it in the fashion that she did.

of becoming the "world's highest winning mare". Sprinters don't race for the same amount of money as stayers. She's won less than $5m. Compare that to Sunline and Makybe Diva (up around $14m each) and being a 5yo already, BC has absolutely no chance. She'll be lucky to make $10m - a long way off.

Sunline was not a stayer. Well certainly not in the sense that Makybe Diva was. I will grant you, you know more than me about Black Caviar, Apprentice.

I am not convinced Black Caviar could not win over a distance further than we have seen. There are people who believe if Sunline could win a Cox Plate then so could Black Caviar.

Maybe that is just hoping that she can because there doesn't seem to be any realistic challenges for her, especially within Australia.

Whilst there is admiration for Black Caviar as an athelete how many times do we have to watch her flog opposition she has flogged before? Wasn't yesterday the fourth time Hay Lisit has finished second behind her? Come on, if that is not boring I don't know what is? How many times do you want to watch a replay? I will say it again "Not taking anything away from the athelete that Black Caviar certainly is".

The only thing that will undo Black Caviar in Australia is age, when a young up and comer arrives on the scene. Which will happen, it always does. The only positive thing yesterday outside of Buffering's dividend was that whilst Black Caviar ran a faster time over the 1000m, so did Hay List. He finised closer to her than he has ever before.

So he should have. BC was coming back from 1400m to a 1000m sprint at Flemington. Don't know many horses that could have done that, and run 55 seconds into the bargain.

So he should have. BC was coming back from 1400m to a 1000m sprint at Flemington. Don't know many horses that could have done that, and run 55 seconds into the bargain.

Why should be have?

Isn't Hay List a six year old? If so, will Black Caviar run the same times next year as a six year old? I will lay a bet she doesn't.

Guest 2Admin2
Why should be have?

Isn't Hay List a six year old? If so, will Black Caviar run the same times next year as a six year old? I will lay a bet she doesn't.

How much?

Meaning that Sunline was a Champion Middle Distance Runner unlike Makybe Diva who was a Champion Stayer.

Sure Black Caviar has not been tried over anything other than a sprint, so we will never know her true ability.

Did you watch Australian Racing Retro this morning Apprentice? It was really interesting to hear first hand from Peter Moody about Black Caviars future. I certainly respect his opinion that 'the horse comes first' in any consideration for the future. That is really nice, because while this game is racing it is great to hear some people say it is not all about money.

of becoming the "world's highest winning mare". Sprinters don't race for the same amount of money as stayers. She's won less than $5m. Compare that to Sunline and Makybe Diva (up around $14m each) and being a 5yo already, BC has absolutely no chance. She'll be lucky to make $10m - a long way off.

You people never cease to amaze!! She ran 1400 metres on her ear and then came back to 1000 metres and ran her last furlong in under 10 seconds. She will run 1600 on her ear and Moody has no doubts that she will stretch to 2000m. Who would beat her lobbing 2000m at Moonee Valley and running her last 600 in about 30-31 seconds!!

Take a deep breath and relax that you are watching the greatest racehorse Australasia has seen in your lifetime. There will not be another as good.

You people never cease to amaze!! She ran 1400 metres on her ear and then came back to 1000 metres and ran her last furlong in under 10 seconds. She will run 1600 on her ear and Moody has no doubts that she will stretch to 2000m. Who would beat her lobbing 2000m at Moonee Valley and running her last 600 in about 30-31 seconds!!

Take a deep breath and relax that you are watching the greatest racehorse Australasia has seen in your lifetime. There will not be another as good.

If I recall correctly Peter Moody did say it would be a major training feat to get her to win a Cox Plate but sure he did not doubt her ability to run that race. He also talked about the efforts put in by the team behind her to keep her racing at this level because of the issues she has. So, I take that to mean they would not risk her to prove a point to anyone. Which is certainly fair enough in anyone's language.

Christ Jane if you can't work that out I give up. Who was fresh up again ??:rolleyes:

Being fresh up has nothing to do with it. Who expects a six year old who has been beaten three times by Black Caviar to come out and perform better than he did. No one in their right mind.

Guest 2Admin2
OK, you are on. For the sheer pleasure of seeing who is going to be right.

Same race next. The time has to be better than this year. Right?

You are back tracking now Centrofold - you said run the same timeS - I doubt she will race over a 1000m again however I can see her running faster than she has over 1200m and 1400m.

However in saying that you forget that Black Caviar was being trained for 1400m, which she won with ease and was brought back to 1000m. If she is set for the Lightening I have no doubt that she would smash the track record. Based on yesterday's run she is capable of running 1:06 to 1:07 for 1200m.

You are back tracking now Centrofold - you said run the same timeS - I doubt she will race over a 1000m again however I can see her running faster than she has over 1200m and 1400m.

However in saying that you forget that Black Caviar was being trained for 1400m, which she won with ease and was brought back to 1000m. If she is set for the Lightening I have no doubt that she would smash the track record. Based on yesterday's run she is capable of running 1:06 to 1:07 for 1200m.

True.... I do mean the same times not better. Sorry about that.

I think she is at the top of her game, this year. Still, we will see about next year and I have no problem with admitting that I am wrong IF I am ;)

So we agree - same race The Lighening Stakes, same time as this year (or better ;) )

What if the track is off?

True.... I do mean the same times not better. Sorry about that.

I think she is at the top of her game, this year. Still, we will see about next year and I have no problem with admitting that I am wrong IF I am ]

Cancel that you have already said tha you don't think she will ever race over the distance again.

So, I gather you would like to make the bet that you think she will better her time over 1200m or 1400m NEXT YEAR. Is that right?

Guest 2Admin2

For a split second, before she stared down those challengers, leaned forward, got her head lower and put a space on the chasers, it looked as though she might be in a real dogfight for the first time in her life. But it was only illusory, as her regular rider Luke Nolen, as always, eased down as soon as he could and let her coast over the line, 1¾ lengths to the good.

It was when the race time flashed up that those interested in such measurements realised the immensity of her achievement, something professionals had even more confirmation of seconds later when the printouts displaying the sectional times became available.

Not only had her race time all but equalled the 55.5 seconds record set by the flying filly Special in this event in 1988, but her splits during the contest were extraordinary.

Black Caviar ran the 600 metres between the 800 metres and the 200 metres in 30.59 seconds, a phenomenal average of 10.2 seconds per 200 metres, and the 200 metres between the 600 and 400 in an astonishing 9.98 seconds. Such numbers are unbelievable.

There are fewer more sober judges than a senior handicapper and Greg Carpenter, Racing Victoria's chief weights and measures man, could only shake his head in disbelief. ''Not everywhere has sectional times,'' he said with a smile, ''but I have never, anywhere, seen or heard of a horse breaking 10 seconds for a 200-metre sectional.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horseracing/short-and-beat-20120218-1tg66.html#ixzz1mmYaX9Az

Is this the same Greg Carpenter who said that Black Caviar could win the Lightening Stakes by 2.8 lengths? So Hay List ran better than he expected?

They mentioned the sectionals on Australian Racing Retro this morning. The panel had their mouths hanging open too.

So the record still stands at 55.5 for the Lightening. When was that, the 1980's?