RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo

Black Sardine (aus)

Black Sardine (aus) should never be mentioned in the same breath as one of the all time greats as Sunline (nz)

Imagine the Sardine turning for home at Randwick in a Doncaster and looking up the straight, she'd faint !

keep her in uncompetitive wfa sprints where her unparalleled quarter horse ability can shine through....

Imagine Sunline carrying the No.1 saddlecloth turning for home in a Caulfield Cup.

Imagine Sunline carrying the No.1 saddlecloth turning for home in a Caulfield Cup.

What a stupid post from another uneducated Black Sardine supporter.

Sunline was an out an out CHAMPION!!!!

Black Caviar is a flat track bully, like Sonny Bill, Who has had everything handed to her on a platter. And in her first step up in distance to 1400 she is against a field of stayers, and mid week 1400m horses.

No one is denying BC is a great sprinter, But the whole fiasco is becoming a joke!

Anyone who Says she is as good or is better than Sunline. Needs to be thrown in a mental institution straight away!

BTW, I can imagine Sunline carrying the 1 saddlecloth turning for home in a caulfield cup. She would fought her guts out like the TRUE champion she was!

It looked as though every rider in that race was told where to be! It's a pity such a champ needs to be helped along, they must of ran the first 1000 in 1.03 with no moves.

Southern Speed was a great run considering the very slow speed. Overall time 1.25.

She'll be hard to beat in I think the Australian Cup coming up.

It looked as though every rider in that race was told where to be! It's a pity such a champ needs to be helped along, they must of ran the first 1000 in 1.03 with no moves.

Are you saying the race was rigged to suit BC Gruff??

I find that difficult to believe.

I popped in here to say what a pleasure it was to see the Aussie crowd behind her and, being someone who always knocks Trackside (privately), to say I thought they did a good job for once.

Plus yet another win for her.

What do I see, negativity. Fair bloody dinkum, what do you want her to do except beat whatever lines up against her?

Now you've really pissed me off enough to say: you mean 'must HAVE', not 'must OF'.

Thank God there's wine in the fridge cos Lord knows I need one now.

Well done to BC. Let's hope she goes on to success in the Northern Hemisphere where I'm sure she will be better appreciated than she is here. Grrrr!!!

:flower:

funniest POLLYANNA ever....

Don't start Pogo.

I'm coming home in March and can always come to box your ears. :D

She's better than good, let's leave it at that.

:flower:

surprised the Jock on Playing God didn't kick up and box the Sardine in.But that would be using your noggin I suppose.

save the air fare .

......get real !!!

BC may be boring to you , but she is boringly brilliant and the Aussie public love her !!!

Great for racing.....and your top Aussie commentators are having a 'ball' describing her every move !!!

So enuff of your negativity , and no need to compare her with horses from last century....she's not even Kiwi bred !!!!

......get real !!!

BC may be boring to you , but she is boringly brilliant and the Aussie public love her !!!

Great for racing.....and your top Aussie commentators are having a 'ball' describing her every move !!!

So enuff of your negativity , and no need to compare her with horses from last century....she's not even Kiwi bred !!!!

when she beat hay list at Randwick YES

today was a blight on the racing game.....

No negativity here Irish just honesty... Do you honestly believe you witnessed a 'race'? That was a disg'race ... May as well of had an exhibition gallop with this great mare. All the riders in that race were pandering to the sardines formline and it didn't do the image of racing anygood. If they had super imposed a 1400 maiden from gawler over it the sardine would of run last.Fair crack of the whip this super sardine has created a circus

seeing the opposition using the whip. Why would they bother?

Your shitting me! The 'race' was over before the turn Jane . Do you honestly think that any horse can sit off a walk behind the super sardine and run home in 21 seconds or better? They should be reprimanded for not giving their charges every possible chance to win.

seeing the opposition using the whip. Why would they bother?

.. maybe because after giving BC a pretty soft run, they were wanting to pick up some place money for their owners and make sure they actually get a decent race out of it for their preparations?

BC is a good looker alright.. strong shoulders and beautifully conformed. She is very similar to Sunline in stature which is what gives her that power. Definitely see a lot of Desert Sun coming through in BC via Helsinge.

I think it's hard to compare a horse still racing with horses that have finished their careers, we know what Sunline did, what Rough Habit did, we saw their great races and finishes, but we've yet to see what Black Caviar does.

We can guess at what might happen and to fuel our varying arguments we can say Moody won't do that, he won't do this.. either way we don't know .. what we do know is that she's won all her races and that's a pretty decent horse no matter what way you want to look at it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next.. and I guess you all are too because she's taking up a bit of forum space :)

Your shitting me! The 'race' was over before the turn Jane . Do you honestly think that any horse can sit off a walk behind the super sardine and run home in 21 seconds or better? They should be reprimanded for not giving their charges every possible chance to win.

That is the whole point Gruff. The race was over before the turn so why hit the horses chasing her. It didn't do any good, did it? They were never going to catch her, so why hit them?

It is almost as bad as seeing a horse being thrashed at the end of the Grand National. Pointless.

One thing I will say about Black Caviar. It is delightful to see a horse perform and not get touched. That is the difference between a true campion and an 'also ran'.