RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo

Black Sardine (aus)

Has hay list ever raced the sardine when 100% Varro? Even though the scoreboard is lopsided there will come a time when hay list is spot on and the super sardine is not. As good as this horse is, alot of credit must go to the team producing her ship shape every time to the races, albeit against some mediocre opposition of late

My personal opinion is, I think the connections are being cautious. They appear to be more obsessed with winning races end on end as opposed to testing her true ability.

spot on jane

no one doubts the Sardine's ability it's not even questionable, the issue is take on a challenge or beat off resuming stayers ?

it's now all about protecting an unbeaten record and one tough run and uk is off.

rough habit (nz) the REAL peoples champion, not some quarter horse that needs it's opposition moved to another barrier for fear of interference....

Agree with you...If BC is SO BORING go watch something else - I bet if they owned a piece of her they would talk differently - not to mention loudly -

Apparently many people on this site don't LIKE horses per se, they seem to regard horses as a thing to blame when they bet on a horse that doesn't win - somehow it's the horses fault for not realising their dreams (ego), not ever that they selected the wrong horse that time. Good on BC and her connections - the biggest statement of all is that people are flocking to the track to see her - even if they are not 'big bettors' it is promoting horse racing for what it is - HORSE racing. Betting came after the horse...I too often wonder why I open this site - a relatively innocuous post can bring out a certain group of nasty knockers.

Started to wonder if I was alone on this site of knockers....A champion through an through BC an her Trainer

Guest 2Admin2

I guess there will be 10's of thousands of "bored" people on course on Saturday watching Black Caviar?

They will be beside themselves,hope we see something different, this sitting outside leader and running away by four is getting old hat

mate why not just embrace a champion, what does she have to do. would you rather see nolen bash the shit out of her each time she goes to the races just to win by another few more lenghts. They all know were shes racing, its the opposition going away not her. And if she can win it in a canter in 4 lenghts then whats the problem

I watched all of the super sardines runs on you tube,the run when giving hay list a start at randwick was her best win, and hay list was on song that day...fantastic horse,One of a kind. But will recall 20 races before that one that have more wow.You cannot fault this horse,and a mile looks as though it wouldn't be a problem

Guest 2Admin2

Yep and moody has bought her back from injury. Not decrying rough habit but what residual value did he have? I would look after her as well. She is a model galloping machine - observe and enjoy.

I guess there will be 10's of thousands of "bored" people on course on Saturday watching Black Caviar?

Probably but it will help that Efficient, Playing God and Precedence will be there to break the boredom.

Wait a minute..... they are not sprinters, are they? ;)

Who's Andrew Webster Pogo? Is he a good judge of thoroughbred racing?

he's a good judge of what is becoming ultra boring ...

C F Orr Saturday and we have the caulfield cup winner 2 nd up with the edge off and a team of potential hurdlers taking the Sardine on, so to speak.

BUT it won't stop thousands of Pollyannas lapping up a quarter horse sprinting up the last 600mr in a non competitive borefest, all at 1.04.

Imagine if the unthinkable happened and it hosed down P Moody may have to scratch or worse still if something plays up in adjacent barrier he may have to AGAIN ask for a relocation.

funniest champion ever.

he's a good judge of what is becoming ultra boring ...

C F Orr Saturday and we have the caulfield cup winner 2 nd up with the edge off and a team of potential hurdlers taking the Sardine on, so to speak.

who are the hurdlers in this field?

.....bringing attention to the story in left hand box.

About the 'Puppets'.......Spanish Athletes...they don't win by chance !!!

I think Aussie papers have too many Journalists ,they just have to write @ weird angles to fill the space each day.

At least the Kiwi ones just concentrate on two subjects.....Sonny Bill and Rugby.

At least the Kiwi ones just concentrate on two subjects.....Sonny Bill and Rugby.

that comes from being a big fuscsh in a very little pond....

vaaaaaaaaaaaaamo$ !

Tony Veich needs to read this and then he'd come to the realisation that tall poppy syndrome is not soley restricted to NZ's.

funniest post ever

since when do tall poppies have opposition moved to another barrier to increase their winning chances ?

phar lap (nz)

rough habit (nz)

super impose (nz)

i hope it pi$$es down at caulfield , then again moody and co may then want the race run at etihaad !!

Guest 2Admin2
funniest post ever

since when do tall poppies have opposition moved to another barrier to increase their winning chances ?

phar lap (nz)

rough habit (nz)

super impose (nz)

i hope it pi$$es down at caulfield , then again moody and co may then want the race run at etihaad !!

I would suggest the movement of the horse wasn't to gain an advantage - the other horse is a known barrier rogue the fear that Moody had was injury.

The three horses you mention were all geldings with a residual value equivalent to a wet packet of matches.

Black Caviar will have a limited race career - I very much doubt you will see her running around at 7 or 8. Moody is doing a very good job managing her and anyone other than the ignorant would call her a champion.

Done the times, won the races ($4.5m).

I would suggest the movement of the horse wasn't to gain an advantage - the other horse is a known barrier rogue the fear that Moody had was injury.

The three horses you mention were all geldings with a residual value equivalent to a wet packet of matches.

Black Caviar will have a limited race career - I very much doubt you will see her running around at 7 or 8. Moody is doing a very good job managing her and anyone other than the ignorant would call her a champion.

Done the times, won the races ($4.5m).

FUNNIEST POST EVER....

it wasn't moved to gain an advantage ?

yep, it was moved to get a better view....hahahahaha

you are dead set kidding !

Talking about Sardines. I notice Black Caviar is drwn barrier five. Do you think the big grunters will try to box her in?

I remember hearing that the jockeys were discussing stuffing up Sunline in the Cox Plate. The one she won by 7 lengths. :D

Talking about Sardines. I notice Black Caviar is drwn barrier five. Do you think the big grunters will try to box her in?

I remember hearing that the jockeys were discussing stuffing up Sunline in the Cox Plate. The one she won by 7 lengths. :D

Black Sardine (aus) should never be mentioned in the same breath as one of the all time greats as Sunline (nz)

Imagine the Sardine turning for home at Randwick in a Doncaster and looking up the straight, she'd faint !

keep her in uncompetitive wfa sprints where her unparalleled quarter horse ability can shine through....