RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
farrah

Wingatui

I was wondering if the clocks down south are running slower than ours up north as none of the races from Wingatui have been on time today , I think the closest race to start time was 2 minutes late and the worst was 10 minutes after start time. What's going on?

This is what happens when you've got a Starter who endeavours to attract attention to himself (via Tracksides TV cameras) by not mounting his stand until after the last horse has loaded pre race.

The previous Otago Starter (Alan McKay) was by far the best Starter I've witnessed, and he was always mounted on his stand before the last horse had loaded.

Currently we've got 2 NZ Starters (Kennedy & Phillips) who are never mounted on their pedestal prior to the last horse loading, and the chief Stipendiary Steward (Mr. George) condones this behaviour while his contemporaries shove fines up a jockey lighting a cigarette on his way to the smokers room!!!

I was wondering if the clocks down south are running slower than ours up north as none of the races from Wingatui have been on time today , I think the closest race to start time was 2 minutes late and the worst was 10 minutes after start time. What's going on?

Have a review farrah of all South Island race start times over the last twelve months. I would suggest that you would be lucky to get 10% that start at the advertised start time. Perhaps there is a South Island time as opposed to daylight saving time??

Have a review farrah of all South Island race start times over the last twelve months. I would suggest that you would be lucky to get 10% that start at the advertised start time. Perhaps there is a South Island time as opposed to daylight saving time??

Its great for increasing turnover

so a real positive i think.

Its great for increasing turnover

so a real positive i think.

and helps one to be able to get intended wagers on., usually having stuff all lead-in time,..and that..sharing a channel with two other racing disciplines, that trice together as a Gambler's continuim...not an interface condusive to high or Higher turnovers, from inVestors..inVESTing., some over multiple events Too.

a strange little irony, that has just So much benefit to the investor who likes to spread a wager as a porfolio bet., one that invests a portfolio of bets/wagers Per RACE

...just imagine the GROWTH of thoroughbreds...channel~lone:cool:

Two runners hopelessly left after only 5 heats run so far today. You'll never learn Mr. George!

It is imperative that the Starter be mounted on his/her pedestal before the last horse loads.

I heard that too, but I think it was used in a context that it was very cold, not as in they were late because it was cold.

It really is shocking, southern clubs just seem to run at whatever time they wish too, without any consequences too them. It's unprofessional.

Their calendars must be faulty too; they raced on a Sunday. I thought NZTR gave up Sundays to race Monday and Tuesday.

Don't tell me the thoroughbreds have managed to muscle in on Monday and Tuesday AND keep both days of the weekend too? Must have some outstanding leadership over there...

What was May 13 then? Or the Sundays either side of ANZAC Day (though I suppose if "it's a Sunday near a public holiday" is a good enough reason then those two make sense. Even though there were TWO thoroughbred meetings on ANZAC Day itself, and the usual greyhound meeting was pushed back to be a twilight meeting.)

Am I looking for the ones that say M/T racing is a huge success? Or the ones that say there'll be no more thoroughbreds on Sunday? I suppose they're all equally true.

I'm not trying to be a dick zzz (though I do feel a little bit alone in that). I'm just wondering whether NZTR said "We'll give up Sundays to try Mondays and Tuesdays", or "We'll give up Sundays to try Mondays and Tuesdays, unless we feel like running on a Sunday in which case we will".