RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Trivia question of the week - Who is this ?

gawd.. there can't be many well known tracks left.. so.. I'm tempted to go for a more less known track like Fontwell Park?

It does have a figure 8 jumps course which could be considered fairly unique. Trentham has one but Fontwell Park is pretty much just the figure 8, not much else.

would it be Calshot Light at Kemoton Park before it got closed

The track is still open and going strong, Jordan.

Maria is getting warmer with the course configuration issues.

This stallion ran in a Gr1 race only once - the Two Thousand Guineas - which was won by a colt whose sire also left a resident of Trelawney Stud. Another runner in that field made it to New Zealand and also stood at stud in Cambridge although with precious little success.

Surely not the wonderful Doug Smith.. I can't remember him riding four winners in a day in his late 50's but anything is possible .. Smith Eccles riding four in a day at Cheltenham would be a hard ask too so I think I'll leave the jockey guesses to others as I'm out of Smiths :)

Can I have a stab at Lingfield Park as the track?

Long straight sprint shute which could be considered unique and the old stand I believe has been modernised to become a hotel.

Cheers

C.

I was thinking of Doug Smith too, but can't make it fit :confused:

Maria, my sincere apologies it is Willie Carson (who rode 5 winners that day) and he was riding for trainer Denys Smith - who trained 4 winners that day. This has dragged on so long I was relying on memory from when I first discovered the photo...

Think "long straight mile shute" when trying to solve the track.....