RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Trivia question of the week - Who is this ?

Hi Scott

Good guess but you are about 100 miles off course.

Clue #2 - The horse in question was bred by an aristocratic European woman.

P.S. Although the runner-up looks like he was ridden by Lethter (Lester Piggott) it was in fact Edward Hide, a former Champion English Apprentice who later rode a 25/1 upset winner of The Derby.

Question for today... Looking at the photo there is quite an angle and I have been presuming that 4 won the race. The chestnut on the near side does seem to be quite forward, so my question is .. did 4 win the race? :)

Cheers

C.

Question for today... Looking at the photo there is quite an angle and I have been presuming that 4 won the race. The chestnut on the near side does seem to be quite forward, so my question is .. did 4 win the race? :)

Cheers

C.

Yes #4 won the race Maria but you have to keep an eye on those chestnuts poking their heads through ;)

Guest 2Admin2

Battle-Waggon?

I guess it isn't as he only won one race and it wasn't a biggie. However has had a lasting impact on NZ and OZ breeding!

He was a chestnut though.

Copenhagen?

Pakistan?

Khurdistan?

Is the track Chester? and did Liz breed it?

No to this and all of the other guesses today. This stallion DIDN'T have a major impact on NZ Breeding but he did leave a Group winner over a mile at Trentham plus a winner of a major jumps race at Riccarton...

The stallion's breeder had a very unfortunate affiliation with the Nazis.

The track has a unique feature regarding the trip this particular race was regularly held over....