RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest G McCarthy

Go the pink dog.

Guest G McCarthy

Great publicity for the greyhound code in aus.

http://www.grv.org.au/LatestNews.aspx?NewsArticleID=2053

What are peoples thoughts? could we try and do the same here?

Or vary it? maybe go the blue dog, $50 a win over Month of march.

With proceeds going towards a charity in nz, maybe something like family works, as we have a shocking child abuse rate in nz.

With proceeds going towards a charity in nz, maybe something like family works, as we have a shocking child abuse rate in nz.

Hi Gaz, As you know I was going to give up on the two pups we have together in partnership, due to my terminally ill situation, I have now decided that I will hold on to them with you, and will donate ALL winnings of my percentage to the Hamilton Hospice, this will continue for the duration of their racing career and as I don't think I will still be on this mortal Coil by then, my wife will make sure that this is carried out.

Hope the move went well.

Snowman

mayby we should get a few trainers together that are willing to give $20 or $50 off all their cheques to a charity of their choice for a month? I'ld be keen but not racing much lately lol

Jackpot jackie, Ice ice Amy, are charity dogs, 50% of all stakes go to Canteen Supporting Kids With Cancer, well to Mike Cox and the team for doing it

While the Christchurch club have supported Canteen and Tony Music in particular has done a lot of work getting them set-up with the dogs I think the NZGRA have missed a great marketing opportunity so far. With all the negative publicity on the TV not so long ago I would have thought they would have been eager to promote the fact that these dogs were doing something very positive for the sport and the charity..

While the Christchurch club have supported Canteen and Tony Music in particular has done a lot of work getting them set-up with the dogs I think the NZGRA have missed a great marketing opportunity so far. With all the negative publicity on the TV not so long ago I would have thought they would have been eager to promote the fact that these dogs were doing something very positive for the sport and the charity..

Bamboozla.... You put NZGRA and Marketing in the same sentence............

Guest G McCarthy

Il give it a go, dont mind putting something together and sorting the payments to the charity.

Snowman, that is all ok with me my friend, il email you today about it.

G

Guest G McCarthy

idea will be raised at next board meeting in March, so watch this space.

G

idea will be raised at next board meeting in March, so watch this space.

G

Great work Gaz. They need to put a plan together and contact trainers to see who are willing to donate winning proceeds to a good cause, I'm sure there will be plenty of trainers willing to support this idea and it would be great advertising for the sport also.

Guest G McCarthy

is GRV led, and while i like trainers doing it- as with the earthquake appeal last year- most of our big trainers didnt participate. Some were doing their own thing, but i think it should be industry led.

I think it wold cost under 10k, and who knows who would pick the story up- and what benefits and good publicity it may generate.

It all depends on budget i suppose.

Yes the difference between what your suggesting gaz and 'go the pink dog' is its GRV and TGRA donating the money not trainers or owners forking the money out, what needs to be done in NZ (as i asume NZGRA have little spare cash in the coffers judging by all the big increases in stakes over last few years), is get a big sponser on bored like a bank for example who will donate per win, say ASB when the 5 wins. It seems a pretty common occurance in cricket games where $100 or $500 per 6 hit etc. Just seems bit harsh trainers an owners being expected to donate when most need every dollar they can get these days...

Yes the difference between what your suggesting gaz and 'go the pink dog' is its GRV and TGRA donating the money not trainers or owners forking the money out, what needs to be done in NZ (as i asume NZGRA have little spare cash in the coffers judging by all the big increases in stakes over last few years), is get a big sponser on bored like a bank for example who will donate per win, say ASB when the 5 wins. It seems a pretty common occurance in cricket games where $100 or $500 per 6 hit etc. Just seems bit harsh trainers an owners being expected to donate when most need every dollar they can get these days...

yeah this is a good idea and i wudint mind donating a bit on the rare occasion i have a dog racing and it comes in the top three :)

I just love people that want to spend other peoples money. Hey if your so keen on donating money to good causes, fine, go and do it. When you have, keep quiet about it. Don't tell the world what a wonderful person you are, giving comes from the heart, from within. It is a personal thing wether people give or not. In fact for those that want to save the planet go and join the Salvation Army or anyone of a multitude of good organisations that are set up for this kind of thing. Hey, this is Greyhound racing where we have enough problems of our own.

I just love people that want to spend other peoples money. Hey if your so keen on donating money to good causes, fine, go and do it. When you have, keep quiet about it. Don't tell the world what a wonderful person you are, giving comes from the heart, from within. It is a personal thing wether people give or not. In fact for those that want to save the planet go and join the Salvation Army or anyone of a multitude of good organisations that are set up for this kind of thing. Hey, this is Greyhound racing where we have enough problems of our own.

Not heard of freedom of speech then John ????

Yeah John.

I"m with you.Also its not about freedom of speech.

Lion.

It is if chose to talk freely on here or don't you know that this is an open forum, you are the sort of guy that has had his pockets sewn up since birth

and would not give an orphan the drippings off of his nose and that's up to you so why don't you do what you want to do and let others do the same ... Snowman

I am all for the concept, thank you for putting the idea forward. Others have talked about donating from winnings and that is very generous of them but over all their generosity probably won't catch on for a number of reasons.

We currently have a surplus, not huge but hopefully that situation will improve. Using some of that surplus along with a cash injection from a reputable national sponsor, would be far more advantageous when looking at ways to fund a "Pink Dog" initiative. Funding for such a project would fall into the advertising/publicity budget.

I agree that any initiative needs to be lead by our governing body, and I also agree we are missing an opportunity here to positively promote greyhound racing via such an initiative.

I personally support any organisation whose business it is to support children. Any group chosen to receive our support must be chosen very carefully. But we shouldn't stop there. For example, cancer kids. Working together with GAP we could intergrate our greys into our recipients lives by way of therapy.

It is a proven fact that therapy dogs help speed recovery and rehabilitate, and I don't mean to be morbid here, but they also comfort the dying. Our retired dogs could do so much good for so many given the opportunity. If we could tie this altogether, we have a win win situation.

Don't let any negative spin dissuade you Gazza, the concept is good. I hope the GRNZ explore the possibilities that are out there.

Regards Deb.

Perfect for the job. They don't shed, they don't smell, they love company, they love cuddles, they are intuitive, and they love a good liedown, perfect for a hospital/hospice situation. They also don't need to be cat friendly.