RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
The Apprentice

The best horse out of Trentham today?

OCEAN PARK by a mile! Will go on with it in OZ, if they look after the horse and a game to have a go.

Applying your logic with Pussy Willow Apprentice, don't rave just yet. How many races has he had?

I agree with Rumpers, Ocean Park, Pussy Willow and Guiseppina were all impressive.

Guiseppina, probably gets my vote for best run of the day because of the opposition she was racing against. Plus the time she ran.

I enjoyed the runs of Six O'Clock News, Fairway Wish and Denmark finally breaking maidens. ;)

It was an excellent day of racing and I am pleased for Wellington that they got a good day.

OCEAN PARK by a mile! Will go on with it in OZ, if they look after the horse and a game to have a go.

He was stunning yesterday. However, I did have my question marks on him after boxing day. I loved him that day and I have seen alot about how unlucky he was that day. I backed him at $5.50 that day, with the entourage.. We were on and I felt like he had his chance that day but you are right, yesterday he was brilliant. I don't think the 3yr olds are that strong this season, like Burgundy is a lovely horse but nothing special and I do believe that Anabandana is the dominant from 1400-1600 and Antonio Lombardo at 1200 but anything beyond that could be a lottery unless Ocean Park really does turn the screws and dominate, and for Chad Ormsby I hope he does.

I thought Viadana was good, backed her on Boxing Day and thought she would have won a bit easier than she did with the run she had, and after the runner up that day didn't go that great in her next start I was pretty keen to let her go yesterday but she proved my wrong and looked as though she has stepped up a bit! Nuis St George was fresh up for awhile in the same race and was coming off the back of a trial and I believe he is better suited ridden off the pace and Allpress planted him on the speed yesterday and he thought on good, he won on the Monday last year and if he backs up on Saturday I reckon he could be a pretty good bet.

I wasn't comparing Ocean Park with PW and G'pina, the latter of which has had one go in Oz (I believe) and failed for one reason or another. OP put in a dominant performance following on from his xcellent run at Ellerslie (behind Knights Tale?). As someone said, he'll prob end up in HK. I like him as a horse.

I wasn't comparing Ocean Park with PW and G'pina, the latter of which has had one go in Oz (I believe) and failed for one reason or another. OP put in a dominant performance following on from his xcellent run at Ellerslie (behind Knights Tale?). As someone said, he'll prob end up in HK. I like him as a horse.

Fair enough Apprentice, we all have our likes or should I say soft spots.

It would be sad to see him go to Hong Kong. Maybe he can follow in the footsteps of Jimmy Choux.

Ocean Park. Better than Jimmy? Thorn Park must be a serious contender for top price yearling at karaka sale 2012. Dare I say it only thing to stop Ocean Park reaching the very top. An over confident rider. No heroics Chad just keep rideing him like he is the best horse in the race.

Great racing at Trentham the serious horses and horsemen ( woman ) put on an excellent days entertainment. Bring on the Derby.

Ocean Park. Better than Jimmy? Thorn Park must be a serious contender for top price yearling at karaka sale 2012. Dare I say it only thing to stop Ocean Park reaching the very top. An over confident rider. No heroics Chad just keep rideing him like he is the best horse in the race.

Great racing at Trentham the serious horses and horsemen ( woman ) put on an excellent days entertainment. Bring on the Derby.

this March..how many March derbys have been run on a good track??

maybe 1 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

this March..how many March derbys have been run on a good track??

maybe 1 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

At least three that I can remember.

Military Move, Wahid and the Aussie thing that Colgan rode (and Lisa Cropp made that accusation).

So lets take the six years prior to the Derby changing from Boxing Day to March.

One track classified as Good in 2005.

In regards to Heavy tracks. There has not been a heavy track since the Derby in being run in March. Although there was one race meeting abandoned in 2009. I think.

5 March 2011 - SLOW8; JIMMY CHOUX - 2.38.35

6 March 2010 - GOOD3; MILITARY MOVE - 2.27.91

1 March 2009 - SLOW8; CONISTON BLUEBIRD - 2.31.04

1 March 2008 - SLOW; C'EST LA GUERRE - 2.33.47

2 March 2007 - GOOD; REDOUTE'S DANCER - 2.27.24

4 March 2006 - GOOD; WAHID - 2.27.42

So, six derbies run at Ellerslie in March. Three Good tracks, three Slow tracks

26 December 2004 - DEAD; XCELLENT - 2.32.01

26 December 2003 - GOOD; CUT THE CAKE - 2.28.88

26 December 2002 - GOOD; ST REIMS - 2.28.57

26 December 2001 - GOOD; LEICA GUV - 2.28.98

26 December 2000 - GOOD; HAIL - 2.32.27

26 December 1999 - GOOD; HADES - 2.27.57

Last six derbies raced at Ellerslie on Boxing Day; once Dead, the other five all on Good tracks

26 December 2004 - DEAD]

Really..... The track ratings on the TAB site must be wrong then because it clearly states the only GOOD track was 2005. 2004 was Easy. 2000-2003 were classifed as Firm.

With the changes of track classifcations I tend to think Good is Good, not firm, not dead or whatever other words are being used.