RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

Did you see?

The silly old git with the walking stick on the track at Ellerslie yesterday Race 7.

If you look at the videos on TR they seem to be out of sequence and I see it on Race 6.

He was ambling mid track on the bend around 500 out. And 17 horses thundering toward him.

Sammy was on our horse and I asked her if it affected her as she was widest. She said she never saw him. Amazing

The "silly old git" was an employee of the ARC according to this excerpt from the stipes report.

"A member of the track staff was inadvertently close to the horses near the 600 metres.

Being an employment issue this will be dealt with by the Auckland Racing Club."

The silly old git with the walking stick on the track at Ellerslie yesterday Race 7.

If you look at the videos on TR they seem to be out of sequence and I see it on Race 6.

He was ambling mid track on the bend around 500 out. And 17 horses thundering toward him.

Sammy was on our horse and I asked her if it affected her as she was widest. She said she never saw him. Amazing

sam looks to be struggling out there nerula,she ok?and i had fashion rocks as bb in comp and was tearing my tickets up after 250m,next time? the guy on the track was quite wide but still wouldnt want to trade places

The "silly old git" was an employee of the ARC according to this excerpt from the stipes report.

"A member of the track staff was inadvertently close to the horses near the 600 metres.

Being an employment issue this will be dealt with by the Auckland Racing Club."

Yes I now see that Lynn I might be wrong about the "old".

Do you think Butch Castles will sit on him?

I say that you can be a 'silly old git' at any stage of life if the cap fits, Nerula. Clearly this fella was deaf, blind and lacking in sensation if he failed to feel the pounding hooves approaching on hard ground.

Perhaps the problem was that all his senses were 'blurred' by too much Xmas cheer?

As for Butch, I'm not sure about whether he will or not but perhaps you could ask and let us know? Mind you we see a really skinny fella leaning on the rails on New Years Day wearing a hearing aid & glasses accompanied by a minder, then it just might be our 'silly old git' post his employment issue sort-out.

i have to say it was blowing a small gale from the east so he was well upwind and obviously totally unaware. Likely he could not hear there was a race starting/coming.

If he was staff doing the divots he was entitled to be out there.

i have to say it was blowing a small gale from the east so he was well upwind and obviously totally unaware. Likely he could not hear there was a race starting/coming.

If he was staff doing the divots he was entitled to be out there.

.....for the man in question !!!!

In a couple of posts he's gone from being a silly old git with a walking stick to an accredited staff doing his job, an important one at that.

Sounds like a Maxwell Smart....."Would you believe ?" !!!!!

He would of heard the jockeys yelling as much as feeling it through the ground.getting the perspective on the corner at the top of the straight at ellerslie is one of the best, and its surprising how good a place the old museum stand was considering it was 300 from the finish

.....for the man in question !!!!

In a couple of posts he's gone from being a silly old git with a walking stick to an accredited staff doing his job, an important one at that.

Sounds like a Maxwell Smart....."Would you believe ?" !!!!!

Well I like to ponder why things happen and sometimes think of a reason later.

Probably, I am not blessed with your acuity or prescience.