RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sheriff

Nice stud for sale in Hawkes Bay

- however I'm not so sure I'd want a horse stud in the midst of grape country/intensive horticultural land - seen the amount of spray and chemicals those places use?

You can drive through some places in the bay and you can count the tractors towing those spray units with great clouds of who-know-what chemicals dispersed into the air as they roll up and down the rows ...

Same Is Happening Here In The Hunter Valley With The Mining, We May Not See It Right Now But In The Future We Will Pay Dearly For Cutting Into Our Breeding Hub Of Australia.. We Often See The Haze Over The Valley From The Mines....sad All That History Is Ging To Be Lost

I know  this is a bit of an old topic but I found this post in the achives...

I found it interesting for a couple of reasons... financial woes and the complaints of Pattinak staff over wages.

(sherriffs post. This doesnt look too good))

I was managing keltern when I had seizures and was diagnosed with complex partial seizures/epilepsy @ age 45.

Jess I always wondered about the chemicals out that way but seeing this thread today I reckon you might be right...The Stress didnt

help...Anyway onwards and upwards. Heres to a better 2013

Sorry to hear that Porky.  Plenty will poo-poo the notions - but I suggest there is likely to be some harnful stuff "in the air" (not to mention on the pasture, in the soil, permeating the ground water etc).as a result of such extensive spraying.

I see lovely lifestyle properties advertised from time to time, in the hear of vineyards etc - now while I'm generally not an organic-type gal - I'd only want to live by a vineyard if it was organic - on the basis of the extensive chemical use. 

I wonder if the property sold and if so who purchased it?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jess" data-cid="252733" data-time="1357591354"><p>

Sorry to hear that Porky. Plenty will poo-poo the notions - but I suggest there is likely to be some harnful stuff "in the air" (not to mention on the pasture, in the soil, permeating the ground water etc).as a result of such extensive spraying.<br />

<br />

I see lovely lifestyle properties advertised from time to time, in the hear of vineyards etc - now while I'm generally not an organic-type gal - I'd only want to live by a vineyard if it was organic - on the basis of the extensive chemical use. <br />

<br />

I wonder if the property sold and if so who purchased it?</p></blockquote>

Organic orchards spray 3-4X more than regular orchards, albeit not using the chemical's that they do. You'd be suprised at the amount of crap that gets put on so called 'organic' orchards.

Jess - you mean all those lovely lifestyle properties wasting all the good land and the best soils, reducing the production from the region and not contributing a thing while using all that lovely consent-free water to make their lawns lovely and green and their lovely exotic gardens flourish while farmers ration and scrimp every last drop of the precious stuff they can get so as to keep the economy going and to pay taxes to ensure the country doesn't become a banana republic?