RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hunterville

Nom du Jeu

Interesting to see what connections do with the horse after his disappointing run on the weekend after threatening early in the straight. Perhaps a reoccurence of his injury? Has not looked a happy horse pulling hard in his last few races.

Being a stallion, what kind of fee do you think he would command and is there a place for him in what I see as becoming a crowded market for staying stallions? Compared with the other new Montjeu's standing this season he has had the best record with the AJC Derby win, Caulfield Cup 2nd and Kelt 3rd. How much would his unsoundness or 'soft bones' hurt his stud chances? From what I have heard there are no plans to retire him but interested to get others thoughts.

If he hasn't reinjured himself, that run would sure have them scratching their heads! He went horrible didn't he?! After ranging up to win 300 out he ran near last! Bitterly disappointing for the connections I would think. Guess we'll hear if he's finished/spelling or pressing on regardless before too long..

I think the jockey got off and said that he went well, was travelling like a winner, and if it had been a little damper under foot he would have gone better.

He did say if MV gets a bit of precipitation for the Cox Plate he'd be right in it.

Time will tell.

Personally, I think the C Cup this Saturday on a wet track may have suited him better - at least distance wise. But that would have neccessitated a different/longer leadup programme and with his problems I think they've been set on the shorter Cox Plate all the way along.

I'd love to see him do well though. Lot of time for Murray Baker as a trainer.

Interesting to see what connections do with the horse after his disappointing run on the weekend after threatening early in the straight. Perhaps a reoccurence of his injury? Has not looked a happy horse pulling hard in his last few races.

Being a stallion, what kind of fee do you think he would command and is there a place for him in what I see as becoming a crowded market for staying stallions? Compared with the other new Montjeu's standing this season he has had the best record with the AJC Derby win, Caulfield Cup 2nd and Kelt 3rd. How much would his unsoundness or 'soft bones' hurt his stud chances? From what I have heard there are no plans to retire him but interested to get others thoughts.

How would a 'wet tracker' be received as a stallion? Rules out the aussie market I would have thought..not saying he isn't a nice horse because he is, but his Derby win was on an off track,that wouldn't be forgotten across the ditch.