RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
increase

Wealth Princess - fascinating pedigree

I was blown away by the ease of Wealth Princess' win last Saturday, so thought I'd have a look at her pedigree - it's fascinating. She's 3f x 4f to the top stallion Without Fear. This looks like it blends beautifully with her stallion San Luis, who is tail female to the blue hen Lavendula and thence to the blue-hen Marchetta. Without Fear carries the great sire Alycidon, who is tail female to Marchetta. Whoever put this pedigree together deserves every bit of success that they look set to enjoy. I don't know what's happened to San Luis but wouldn't he go well with Sir Tristram descendants given his double dose of Lavendula?

Have always thought that San Luis would go well with Sir Tristram with a similar background of Round Table, Sir Ivor, My Babu/Ambiorix etc but the clincher is the Sir Ivor duplication. Sir Ivor and Clystalla are close genetic equivalents involving Turn-To/Glass Of Fashion, Mahmoud and Hyperion/Pharamond II.

In NZ to 13 Dec 2009, he has had 13 winners since April 2008 for 31 wins in total. The best being Eel Win (G3w) 10w; Wealth Princess 4w and Dawson Falls 4w. Dawson Falls has a son of Sir Tristram as sire of his granddam Miss Stanima.

You'd have to say he was an incredible disappointment at stud. But he was a bit of a 'flash in the pan' racehorse from my memory too. One really impressive win at Ellerslie [i forget the race - the Great Northern Guineas I think, G2] when he burst out of the pack and exploded to the line quite brilliantly - and thereafter often disappointing.

Wealth Princess certainly looks like she will prove to be by far his best horse. She looked freakish in the way she picked that field up and dropped them!

No one,not even "NOD" has had a word to say on the sire of the dam.... "SENOR PETE"...... You statisticians out there do some homework,I'm sure you'll find what a good broodmare sire he is.... Oh, yeah I have a few of them in the paddock....

You'd have to say he was an incredible disappointment at stud. But he was a bit of a 'flash in the pan' racehorse from my memory too. One really impressive win at Ellerslie [i forget the race - the Great Northern Guineas I think, G2] when he burst out of the pack and exploded to the line quite brilliantly - and thereafter often disappointing.

Wealth Princess certainly looks like she will prove to be by far his best horse. She looked freakish in the way she picked that field up and dropped them!

Are you thinking of Danske (McAnulty colours) - because he did exactly that in the Grt Nthn Guineas - San Luis won the Manawatu sires on protest after Vinaka relegated.

Senor Pete as a broodmare sire? Who knows what he may achieve in years to come but so far I can only think of Gin Dartre locally.

Doubtless Beecee [he of great faith] will come up with a list :rolleyes:

Are you thinking of Danske (McAnulty colours) - because he did exactly that in the Grt Nthn Guineas - San Luis won the Manawatu sires on protest after Vinaka relegated.

Yes sorry - you're exactly right! I WAS confusing those two and Danske has certainly gone on to more than useful as a sire. Cheers.

My comments are rescinded.

They can lay claim to both Wealth Princess and Coup Align, no mean feat to have bred and/or raised them both. I think Mr Gillovic is a bit underestimated as a trainer too, Steve Davis pretty much called him a wannabe yesterday, saying that he sounds like a "real trainer", the Johar horse he trains goes really good too, the guy does a good job with a small team.

Stallion, foaled 1987

Sire of the Dams of Winners

GOOD REPORT (ARG) 2003 (Ride the Rails - Good Pearl) (Senor Pete, Utopico). 5 wins, 1,839,705P, G.P. Asociacion Latinoamericana de Jockey Clubs, Gr.1, Maro

Facts are right. Dam of Imabayboy is English Kath (1999), who is by Kaapstad and out of My Lady Gray. Lots else going on in the pedigree so who knows what has been thrown to. However, my original idea was that the duplications of Lavendula mean that San Luis could go very well with Sir Tristram line mares and here's an example from what must be a very limited sample set.