RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Stig

And the dirty tricks continue

The dates calendar is usually out by Christmas but this year its being held back until the end of January.

Why?

Because in order to shore up his support and garner Taranakis vote Guy Fawkes has promised to take the 31st of December off Stratford and give it to the Taranaki club. Stratford will be dumped somewhere in late January.

And the reason for holding the draft dates back? So0 that the AGM is held before the news breaks.

Disgusting

Whoever stig is and where hes getting this info seems to be spot on.

The current situation with the Chairman of NZTR and his trying to bulldoze through "one racing" with his cohorts Stiassney and Sutherland. Is a total disgrace .. HRNZ have seen through the bull**** and won't be joining. But the NZTR chairman is determined to press ahead and do it without the other codes.

One things for sure we should be lobbying those in the racing clubs to ensure Mr Sergeant is not reelected his behavior and Integrity is very questionable.

Then we need to stop one racing.

My understanding and I'm sure Stigs as well is that there is a hidden agenda behind this. And Stratford won't be the only club losing its race days and been forced to close.

In the one racing report many of the figures used are old and out of date, and the comparisons being used are like comparing an Apple to a Banana.

..and thank the goodnesses of minion participents so vital to a sustainable industry onthus, . .that enough folk are beGining to catch-On to the fact there's a great unison of agenda working., that'll Pann'n'play Cruelly and nonspecifically..agin the minion salt participents that make up the terrafirma Of thuh industry., indeed., the vital weave, latice and medium that IS thuh industry., that Is of course unless you 'count' clay and spin.

"This anti sovereign insurgence..is to be Vetoed, "halted" for the evil it is."..and it's peddlars and associates noted as isolates to be ejected..or commercially ignored., unless you want more deterioration..an accelerant of wildfire i'd contend . . .

I have recently had dialogue with a very genuine industry participant, who is very keen to see the One Racing proposal get some air. I am very suspicious indeed of the document, as well as the personnel behind it.

This gentleman is adamant that it or a similar model is the ' way forward' but does concede that my fears of retaining the same self-serving people have grounds.

He feels that with a new group of passionate industry people the system could work.

Now I see that Murray Acklin is the southern choice to stand alongside Marion Stevenson for NZTR board, what show is there of EVER getting new blood when the 'same old' keep getting re-hashed?

Are there no fresh bright sparks out there?

Hi Freda, with respect I think your friend is way off the mark.

M Acklin will continue the bullying process deployed by himself some years ago. This is the very same man that created a seat for Dr Murray Blue on NZTR because Blue kept asking too hard a question for Mr Acklin to answer. Mr Acklin is also responsible for bull dozing the Section 16 clause through on the Racing Act because the Harness Racing Chairman at the time had out thought Acklin as to the future returns to come from offshore racing, and he is also the very same man who thought the answer to South Island racing prize money woes was to take a significant amount of money from NZTM - New Zealand Thoroughbred Marketing - to put into stakes for the 1000 and 2000 Guineas. This was money that was from the original idea of NZTM, generated by thier CEO to help fund that Marketing Organisation for the good of NZ Racing, and NZTR were the collectors of the export funds, and they benefited from such funds, but Acklin's localised pressure forced him to take those NZTM funds and had them used for stake money for the Guineas racing.....good judgement,,,,,Yeah Right!

He is giant step backward for that Board, but we have already had full disclosure from their own Chairman as to how (in) competent that Board already is!!!!

That is why, in the first instance the Board structure has to change, as per the recommendation of the Governance Report completed in May 09.

M Acklin will continue the bullying process deployed by himself some years ago. This is the very same man that created a seat for Dr Murray Blue on NZTR because Blue kept asking too hard a question for Mr Acklin to answer. Mr Acklin is also responsible for bull dozing the Section 16 clause through on the Racing Act because the Harness Racing Chairman at the time had out thought Acklin as to the future returns to come from offshore racing, and he is also the very same man who thought the answer to South Island racing prize money woes was to take a significant amount of money from NZTM - New Zealand Thoroughbred Marketing - to put into stakes for the 1000 and 2000 Guineas. This was money that was from the original idea of NZTM, generated by thier CEO to help fund that Marketing Organisation for the good of NZ Racing, and NZTR were the collectors of the export funds, and they benefited from such funds, but Acklin's localised pressure forced him to take those NZTM funds and had them used for stake money for the Guineas racing.....good judgement,,,,,Yeah Right!

He is giant step backward for that Board, but we have already had full disclosure from their own Chairman as to how (in) competent that Board already is!!!!

That is why, in the first instance the Board structure has to change, as per the recommendation of the Governance Report completed in May 09.

Thanks for your prophetic words John.

If Murray Acklin is ever allowed back on to ANY NZ Racing Board then the Industry will grind to an inglorious halt.

This man nearly single handled bought down the whole Industry not too many years ago,and while Rome burned to the ground so to speak , where was Mr Acklin ??

On an overseas junket (again) to oversee how the Racing Industry in some idyllic country like Ibiza or Switzerland operates !!

If this person ever gets anywhere near another Board in the Racing Industry in NZ , then we deserve all we are going to get.

It won't be pretty.

It just might be the end of Racing as we know it Jim .

Fair call Tuffy,

My point is there is someone, presumably well appointed in Harness, with a creepy-crawly way of getting information out there in the public forum.

Do you consider that Racecafe is creepycrawley or a modern means of sharing information and views?

M Acklin will continue the bullying process deployed by himself some years ago

from their own Chairman as to how (in) competent that Board already is!!!!

Don't worry, so do I.

having a second read through I see that one club says there was no consultation before hand and the other says there was.

I understand TRC told Stratford afterwards what they were doing. As I have said before Taranaki should be classified as a Northern meeting anyway. How many horses do they get from Manawatu/Hawkes Bay/Horowhenua? Their track which is on leased land (as against Stratfords which is owned) is struggling to cope with the number of meetings they have now. Once again the larger centres wanting to take over which will of course kill racing in the end because a large number of race owners, punters, etc originally get their start in racing in the provinces

More plausible foxycon?

The dates were 'set' before the trip to Stratford by the TTR crowd, the comment made by Thoroughbred Racing NZ in relation to the date change was "made after discussions with NZTR chair".

One would think that Murray Blue ex NZTR director and ex SRC president would have surely warned the SRC committee that this was quite on the cards after all he must of been in power when this NZTR directive was conceived.

It was common knowledge around the traps that lower Nth Is. clubs were eyeing the date.

However you don't tell the whole story do you.

Tell everbody what was discussed at that meeting .

Carey Hobbs suggets in the piece in the Daily News that they are only trying to keep racing in Taranaki as there are several other clubs wanting that race day. If this is the case, can somebody name them? The calendar is loaded & horse numbers are thin at this time of the year. Awapuni boxing day, New Ply 27th, Stratford 31st, Hastings 1st, Waiarapa 2nd, then closley followed by Otaki, Ypuk & Woodville. Where is there left to race that is not saturated already in the cd?

Carey Hobbs suggets in the piece in the Daily News that they are only trying to keep racing in Taranaki as there are several other clubs wanting that race day. If this is the case, can somebody name them? The calendar is loaded & horse numbers are thin at this time of the year. Awapuni boxing day, New Ply 27th, Stratford 31st, Hastings 1st, Waiarapa 2nd, then closley followed by Otaki, Ypuk & Woodville. Where is there left to race that is not saturated already in the cd?

Good points.

They race on that day Freda no need for another day(except for stratford if they lose it).They can have any loose day that not wanted although Jan 14th has been mentioned around the traps

Otaki Foxton were a couple touted around the traps intrested and of course TRC

One would think that Murray Blue ex NZTR director and ex SRC president would have surely warned the SRC committee that this was quite on the cards after all he must of been in power when this NZTR directive was conceived.

It was common knowledge around the traps that lower Nth Is. clubs were eyeing the date.

However you don't tell the whole story do you.

Tell everbody what was discussed at that meeting .

Read my post again foxycon, the TRNZ comment was "made after discussion with TRNZ chair", not the Executive, the chair ie one person, got it?

The word at our club who would have been keen for the date was we were told to "back off" cause 'The NZTR Chairman" had meet with TRC after the word went out that they would stand a "TRC" delegete againest him for the NZTR directors position. Meeting took place TRC backed off on the promise of TRC getting Stratfords New Year date.

Bribery and correption you be the judge!

Stratfords a gone burger with Avondale next in there sights,then Trentham(sell off to save Manawatu (RACE).

So going along with the conspiracy theory your club Block will be voting against the encumbrant because you didn't get the date.

Presuming that the NZTR policy exists and the TRC didn't apply for the date your club and others would have the applications for the date.SRC were fair game ripe for the plucking, approaches for the date in years gone by would have been hindered by the court cases surrounding the club.

So the application for the date was justified by the TRC in maintaining the date in the Taranaki District .

We still await Stigs reply about what was discussed at that meeting the TRC had with Stratford.

It also could be said that the NZTR as a governing body has a duty to that the racing in Taranaki District as a whole doesn't suffer by the removal of such a prime date.