RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dopey

Equidays and Pedigree Planning

I was at Equidays this weekend, a great showpiece for the horse and all things equine.

The effort involved in getting this initial Equidays event has been large. I hope that all involved got a good deal out of it an the event is going to continue.

On the breeding/pedigree front I met Patrick Weal from championsbydesign...seemed a very knowledgeable fellow with a passion for his pedigree analysis and sofware program. His pattern recognition, and knowledge of pedigree's seemed impressive.

I went home challenged by his thoughts and I wish him well with his endevours.

Are people using these pedigree guys for advice or are we all going it alone on mating analyisis??

Hey Chris I am a first time breeder and had done an analysis using the available online databases for matches etc.. however I have gone with a pedigree analyst, which incidentally cost a lot more than I thought it would. He supplied me with a report on my mare and the choices he thought best for her he also visited her in person to look at her confirmation and see if the stallion complemented her. She is in foal now so I will look forward to the result.

The only thing I don't like about some of the free online matches is that it totally disregards the female line of the family which at the end of the day is half the pedigree.

There are no guarantees but that's horses isn't it :)

A lot of the free on line matches are guided by statistics of similar bloodlines mixing.

I like the idea that your pedigree analyst visited the mare to look at her type. This is a VERY important thing to take into consideration in selecting a stallion. With type and pedigree you have a better than average chance of getting something good. Damline is next best consideration (what family your mare is from? Is she a winner and is she from a winning family?). Good luck.

Hey Kay Sister Veronica is her name she is a winner of two and several placings, she is a full sister to Anden who is multiple stakes placed and her mum Tri View is by Three Legs out of Valla Ondina by Habitat.

Its all fun :)