RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dopey

Racing Hall of Fame delivers a new on-line strategy

http://www.racinghalloffame.co.nz/

The Chairman of the New Zealand Racing Hall of Fame, Gerald Fell has today announced that the Hall of Fame has launched a new website that seeks to honour those achievements that have enriched New Zealand's thoroughbred racing history.

The purpose of the new website is to present the stories of New Zealand's thoroughbred racing elite to the world.

"The stories presented on our website serve as an important reminder of the impacts that New Zealand's racing elite have had both here in New Zealand and overseas", said Fell.

"Our new site celebrates the achievements of those people and horses who have performed with distinction and that need to be recognised and celebrated," he said.

One of the Hall of Fame's key assets is the video presentations of inductee's stories. While the Hall of Fame videos have enjoyed good coverage on Trackside television, the new website will now make videos more accessible to the general public both here and overseas.

The website will also help to promote the Hall of Fame's inductee celebration event. People can now book on-line their gala dinner tickets. 11 people and horses will be inducted on Friday 2nd March 2012, on the eve of the New Zealand Derby.

Good to see the website however one area really anoys me....They say they will advise the inductees on the night. For my family we were really pissed off, My ancestor "Henry Redwood" was inducted and no one in the family new anything about it till we watched in on TV, we would have loved to be included and would have gone to the awards. I think the names should be released about 1 month before so people can make travel arrangements to attend.