RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
emiliana

Did Anyone Else See....

.... the saddle trot held tonight at Ballarat, The Choice Hotels Monte Trotters Cup? What a fantastic concept!! I only caught the last 600m from the stabling area at Alex Park, does anyone know if this is a once off or if they intend on making this a regluar event? Nice to see Chris Lang as enthusiastic riding out a horse as he is driving one out! No one could say he wasn't trying on the fav ;)

.... the saddle trot held tonight at Ballarat, The Choice Hotels Monte Trotters Cup? What a fantastic concept!! I only caught the last 600m from the stabling area at Alex Park, does anyone know if this is a once off or if they intend on making this a regluar event? Nice to see Chris Lang as enthusiastic riding out a horse as he is driving one out! No one could say he wasn't trying on the fav ]

Ive been told it happens everyyear at there trotter cup event

Yes they had a couple at Auckland but it was a 1200m novelty sort of thing, run in between races. What struck me as interesting about the race last night was that it was an official race that they took bets on! A proper monte race if you will

to when I use to ride the pacers in the saddle doing fast work with the trotters. And that was at Claudelands. LOL
Terry Yule, Murry Burns, 800m track 175m straight ?

Watched Trots Greys and Speedway there

It was the first one at Ballarat for many many years. There is an annual monte event at Globe Derby in South Australia.

It went over very well and may well become a feature in Victoria in future