RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mealz

Where do all the slow racehorses go?

I'm after a Black TB Mare/Filly for breeding. (I specifically want a black one)

There are thousands of TB foals born each year, and as a former employee in the racing industry I am well aware that not all horses make it to races or trials based on their performance. I'm after one of these slow ones.

So far aside from contacting all the trainers and breeders in the racing industry and asking them personally to keep me in mind if they come across any black mares, I

Suggest you have a look in the Stallion book for black sires & use NZRacing site to research their progeny. Sure to find one that way. We had a black girl by Le Bec Fin - now someones riding horse.

that now you have put it out here you will get lots of replys and the very lucky ex or slow racehorses end up with another life with kind people looking after them ( I am not so naive to know what else happens either)

Good luck

doing some basic schooling with sacked racehorses, so a large number of them come through my hands, and then get rehomed. There is a black Sakura Seeking mare on TM for about $300 from memory, will see if I can find the link. That's about the only description I don't have in my paddocks at the moment!

Just remembered, I sold a beautiful black mare (also a Black Minnaloushe) who was doing well eventing, but fractured her hip in a paddock accident. She is sound (as a broodmare) and looking for a home - in Auckland. I have a few pics of her. She's a stunner.

Here's the other one I was thinking of - but looks dark brown & a bit rough!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/equestrian/horses-ponies/horses/auction-416872386.htm

I'm after a Black TB Mare/Filly for breeding. (I specifically want a black one)

There are thousands of TB foals born each year, and as a former employee in the racing industry I am well aware that not all horses make it to races or trials based on their performance. I'm after one of these slow ones.

So far aside from contacting all the trainers and breeders in the racing industry and asking them personally to keep me in mind if they come across any black mares, I