RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kmhood

fillies

Megan can you please rub your hand over my name so's my mare can have a colt. I am so over fillies. Thank you.

Fillys hold the future to our racing/breeding industry, without them we are stuffed

BIG Indy King Filly

Yes, she was a very large foal born, from our medium size mare. Filly was the same size born as our two week old Remind filly. She was very tall also. This mare usually foals large foals but this girl was extraordinary.

I am happy to put up foal pics for others too, if Sheriff is happy for me to do it this way :)

Doesn't take too long and I can do it if they are emailed to me at liefting@hotmail.com (or posted as I can scan them in).

I can do a separate Facebook link to a 2011 Foal album - maybe restricted to two photos for each foal, and then could do again at 3 - 6 mnths old or something like that???

A few years ago Peter was able to put foal photo's up here on Racecafe. Was hugely popular and got thousands of hits - I really enjoyed seeing other peoples foals.

He has arrived safe and sound - another bay with white sox. Was thinking the world had run out of colts as the fillies kept arriving. He is very tall - all legs.

He has arrived safe and sound - another bay with white sox. Was thinking the world had run out of colts as the fillies kept arriving. He is very tall - all legs.

In the daylight our dark bay colt is grey at the roots, just what we ordered - a grey colt from his grey dam. We said to each other when our first colt was born that to top the breeding season off - let's visualize a grey colt.............and here he is. :)

I did hear while at the RTR that one of the larger studs had 80 colts from 240 foals.

Who knows maybe the pressure will be on to run fillies races more often. Most of the colts head overseas too it seems.

Here is hoping.

My Edenwold filly now a yearling is grey Kay. Of the seven foals I have bred over the past eight years, only one isn't grey. When I was riding I loved the grey's but this is overkill.lol.

Lynne - the dam of the Edenwold filly is obviously a grey and if you're using a grey mare you've got at least 50% chance of grey every time. If you're REALLY sick of greys might have to move the old girl on!! :)

Lloyd the dam of the Edenwold filly is indeed a grey out of a grey daughter of Spectacularphantom whom I believe left 100% greys. I always thought that she, (the Spactacularphantom mare) would have one coloured foal out of four as was the case with the first three being grey, the 4th bay and the next 2 grey. Interesting to note that her full sister has to my knowledge not left a grey but as she was bred last season to one of the stallions I used over my mare could have produced one this year.

However, I am not complaining as the three to race from the old girl have won 10 races between them including black type and as this was my first venture into the breeding side of the industry I guess she will stay with me forever. Another grey filly from her has recently gone off to a trainer so hope she can carry on the family's winning ways.

Lloyd the dam of the Edenwold filly is indeed a grey out of a grey daughter of Spectacularphantom whom I believe left 100% greys. I always thought that she, (the Spactacularphantom mare) would have one coloured foal out of four as was the case with the first three being grey, the 4th bay and the next 2 grey. Interesting to note that her full sister has to my knowledge not left a grey but as she was bred last season to one of the stallions I used over my mare could have produced one this year.

However, I am not complaining as the three to race from the old girl have won 10 races between them including black type and as this was my first venture into the breeding side of the industry I guess she will stay with me forever. Another grey filly from her has recently gone off to a trainer so hope she can carry on the family's winning ways.

If I had a mare like that I'd put up with polka dot foals Lynne!!!! :)