nomates

Jumps racing at Woodville

My wife and myself decided to head up to Woody today specifically to watch and enjoy the 5 jumping races , and what a fantastic few hours , sun was out but was still a bit chilly , a great crowd was on course and what a great spectacle all 5 jumping races provided . 

The crowd was much, much larger than I expected and were vocal in the finishes which of course always adds to the atmosphere . The races themselves were all great contests and other than one race won by a margin the rest provided competitive finishes , two exceptional jumpers won the big races in West coast and Berry the Cash but all the horses and jockeys deserve kudos for their efforts .

Whoever thinks that jumping doesn't deserve to be a part of our future has no understanding of the sport , I hope NZ racing as a whole can get together and find solutions to the current situation .

My heart says yes but my head says no , after today I hope my heart is right .

Well done to all involved .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

My wife and myself decided to head up to Woody today specifically to watch and enjoy the 5 jumping races , and what a fantastic few hours , sun was out but was still a bit chilly , a great crowd was on course and what a great spectacle all 5 jumping races provided . 

The crowd was much, much larger than I expected and were vocal in the finishes which of course always adds to the atmosphere . The races themselves were all great contests and other than one race won by a margin the rest provided competitive finishes , two exceptional jumpers won the big races in West coast and Berry the Cash but all the horses and jockeys deserve kudos for their efforts .

Whoever thinks that jumping doesn't deserve to be a part of our future has no understanding of the sport , I hope NZ racing as a whole can get together and find solutions to the current situation .

My heart says yes but my head says no , after today I hope my heart is right .

Well done to all involved .

Well said.