say no more

LGL Results

7 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

Yes hard luck with the Nix. Even game. Missing the penalty was fatal. 
The other semi looked quite even. Got mates who are mad CCM fans so they are happy 

Imo,was probably justice with the penalty miss.Players generally know and the look on the faces of the Nix players when penalty finally given was definitely one of shock and pleasant surprise.

11 hours ago, say no more said:

Week 4 results

This week we lost Pogo, Goodison, Richie, Sighted and Nomates.

35 left in the comp, and 20 of them down to their last life with 6 weeks still to run.

Great night at the stadium and a fantastic game, just the wrong result :(

image.thumb.png.6be712c2832c89e292b4f79b7e76f474.png

Looks like my harshest critic  Fiery Falcoln doesn't understand this is a competition for losers , at least he gets a reply , might be lucky to get another until he learns to be a bit more polite 😂

2 minutes ago, Winner69 said:

Well that’s me out but you’d have to say that was an amazing win by Highlighter

thanks for running the comp.

Gee you would have thought you were home and hosed after that first 200-300m too

52 minutes ago, Black Kirrama said:

I Can imagine how FLOYD, Foxmerts, Fiery, Ohakaman, and Pete felt 120m out from line with

The Ugly Sister. Clearly headed and kicked back !!

Sick !

I remember a few years back when the nasty little man was still involved with the site and sponsoring the LGL comp, he had a rule that saw entrants eliminated if they fell a certain number of points (200 maybe?) behind the leader at the end of any round.

Perhaps we could introduce something like that next time we run this comp - we could call it the "Tarantula" rule :)

2 hours ago, say no more said:

I remember a few years back when the nasty little man was still involved with the site and sponsoring the LGL comp, he had a rule that saw entrants eliminated if they fell a certain number of points (200 maybe?) behind the leader at the end of any round.

Perhaps we could introduce something like that next time we run this comp - we could call it the "Tarantula" rule :)

Has the spider had a runner finish top 4 yet? 😂.  Cant say I understand the joy of cheering on a $100 shot to not win, but to each their own.

Perhaps an easier rule to apply might be "runners paying more than $20 can not be selected."

GOOD MORNING.THANK YOU “NOMATES”.YOU NOW HAVE AT LEAST 1 MATE ON THIS PLATFORM.WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME SOMEONE RUNNING A LONG AND LONELY LAST ,CREATED SO MUCH WRITTEN AND UNWRITTEN  COMMENT.

I STARTED THIS COMPETITION WITH A “GAME PLAN” AND HAVE STAYED LOYAL TO IT.

THE AIM IS TO PICK LOSERS AND WHO ELSE HAS PICKED “BIGGER”LOSERS.

WATCH FOR GAME PLAN PART 2 IN THE REMAINING WEEKS.

THANK YOU PAK STAR FOR COMMENTS WHICH I HAVE TAKEN ABOARD.YOU AND KILCOYNE COULD BE THE CHALLENGE.

THANKS TO SAY NO MORE FOR A VERY INTERESTING COMPETITION , AS THE ONES THAT ARE OUT ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THE RESULTS.

HAPPY PUNTING EVERYONE.

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Can I ask what the problem is with the "spiders" game plan , 

None at all.  The beauty of the competition is the risk/reward factor, and everyone has different risk profiles in all walks of life.  My point was picking $100 shots to lose, in order to therefore not lose, is not something I could get excited about but as I say to each their own.   

Hi John, Sorry I must have missed the post re this, but were we able to pick a third selection if we had a runner in an abandoned race from last week?  ie. I had Waterford at Rosehill.  I just saw Jayar's post.

5 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Hi John, Sorry I must have missed the post re this, but were we able to pick a third selection if we had a runner in an abandoned race from last week?  ie. I had Waterford at Rosehill.  I just saw Jayar's post.

Hi John, just found this in the rules post - should have taken more notice, so no worries :) 

Late Scratchings/Abandonments - if any of your horses is late scratched or in an abandoned race, you can replace it up until the posting deadline, but if you don't get the chance to replace you have the option of an extra pick (if you wish) the following week.  If this happens in the final week that is just the rub of the green - obviously no extra picks the following week.