RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lloyd Vivian

Keeper Broodmare sire

As the proud new owner of a Keeper mare, it was great to see him get [i believe] his first winner yesterday as a broodmare Sire, with the Captain Rio 2yo Reais, on debut.

Whilst I could be accused of bias I'm sure he will go on to be a super broodmare sire.

As the proud new owner of a Keeper mare, it was great to see him get [i believe] his first winner yesterday as a broodmare Sire, with the Captain Rio 2yo Reais, on debut.

Whilst I could be accused of bias I'm sure he will go on to be a super broodmare sire.

With his pedigree and the fact that his female off-spring seem to be more dominant than his males I think you'd be right Lloyd. Like you, I hope he is.

Keeper has a number of factors indicating that will make a very good broodmare sire.

Keeper is the sire of 24 foals of racing age,four of which have raced. Reais is his first winner in the role of broodmare sire. With all of those good fillies that he has sired it is only a matter of time before his first stakes winner from them results :y:

Keeper has a number of factors indicating that will make a very good broodmare sire.

Keeper is the sire of 24 foals of racing age,four of which have raced. Reais is his first winner in the role of broodmare sire. With all of those good fillies that he has sired it is only a matter of time before his first stakes winner from them results :y:

Henri, I always read your posts with interest..given that Keeper is by Danehill, and the fact that quite a few 'new'stallions have Danehill influences close up in their pedigrees, do you identify any stallions either 'new' or resident already in NZ as 'compatibles' with Keeper mares?

Thanks for the comments Henri - always read your thoughts with interest!

Kopia asked

Henri, I always read your posts with interest..given that Keeper is by Danehill, and the fact that quite a few 'new'stallions have Danehill influences close up in their pedigrees, do you identify any stallions either 'new' or resident already in NZ as 'compatibles' with Keeper mares?

The key to Keeper IMHO is the duplication of His Majesty (by Ribot) in the pedigree of Keeper. Bearing that in mind stallions in NZ that I would consider as compatible for daughters of Keeper would be Pins, Don Eduardo, and Savabeel amongst the established commercial sires. Red Giant and Rios look appealing amongst the freshman sires. Of the more affordable sires Indy King, Rubys Jester and Ustinov should do well with mares by Keeper.

The mating that produced Reais is a good pointer and Captain Rio is another within reach for smaller breeders. I wonder if the mating of Heather Mac the dam of Reais was a deliberate mating with Captain Rio or per happenstance ?

Kopia asked

The key to Keeper IMHO is the duplication of His Majesty (by Ribot) in the pedigree of Keeper. Bearing that in mind stallions in NZ that I would consider as compatible for daughters of Keeper would be Pins, Don Eduardo, and Savabeel amongst the established commercial sires. Red Giant and Rios look appealing amongst the freshman sires. Of the more affordable sires Indy King, Rubys Jester and Ustinov should do well with mares by Keeper.

The mating that produced Reais is a good pointer and Captain Rio is another within reach for smaller breeders. I wonder if the mating of Heather Mac the dam of Reais was a deliberate mating with Captain Rio or per happenstance ?

If I could have afforded him, Savabeel was my standout choice! In fact, any Zabeel line horse goes well over a Danehill line mare like Keeper as the reverse cross, [in its various forms] has been very successful.