RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Von Cettes

ABs v Wallabies

Previous post a bit of nostalgic rambling. Back to the here and now.

More I think about that game on Saturday, more I feel it's done AB's a world of good. It was a timely reminder of how we should not play (1st half) in vital World Cup matches. Tossing it about without doing the hard yards. And it's reminded the AB's what does work and also the way to beat Aus (2nd half). In addition I felt Victor Vito (especially) and Sam Whitelock really came of age in that game. In Vito we now have viable cover for Reid.

Now that our attacking strengths out wide have disappeared, I'd be more than happy if the AB's stuck to playing 12-man rugby (your traditional 10 + Nonu & Smith).

.....they tried to change this trend bringing in Mannix, that balding second five, Evans, those props who taped the boots on [swalger?], a couple of Captains Umaga and Rodney, Jerry the piddler and handbag Masoe ,Eaton ??, .....CCullen was great for a while and Harmie and Afeaki promised much as did the winger with the tatts on thighs.

But many of them shot thru to greener pastures ,the Waldron bros excelled when they left others realised quick the dysfunctional Hurricanes were bad for your future hence the Dags and Zacs , the Frueans were snubbed and Otago star Popoate ignored........it's a long list of exciting talent which Hammett has been brought in to harness.

In late 1990's I remember the great David Kirk being brought in , leaving exasperated saying Welly rugby needed a huge attitude shift ,improved programs and fitness etc.

Basically things never change....note the way their 'fans' fight on here.

Wellington certainly win nothing , the teams with the most yellow cards maybe, and they 'import' some stars...Holwell, Hore , Big Bill Cavubatti,Afeaki !!!

:D

"the great David Kirk"????????????????????

Good God! The All Black with the greatest armchair ride in our rugby history! Seriously plain in all departments. I mean he even managed to hand Papworth a try in '88 on the back of one of our best forward packs ever.

And now today gets paid to speak at functions talking gibberish which almost parallels Wayne Smith! Give me strength.

"the great David Kirk"????????????????????

Good God! The All Black with the greatest armchair ride in our rugby history! Seriously plain in all departments. I mean he even managed to hand Papworth a try in '88 on the back of one of our best forward packs ever.

And now today gets paid to speak at functions talking gibberish which almost parallels Wayne Smith! Give me strength.

Not that I read the post by 'soft boy Williams', but I gather from your response that he was stretching the truth once again in relation to Kirk's tenure as Wgtn coach.

Funnily enough, I was speaking to one of the players from Kirk's reign the other day (I'm not going to drop names, as my name isn't Gary 'Soft boy' Williams, but this guy has just returned to Wgtn after spending 16 yrs in the South of France).

He talked specifically about Kirk's coaching ability and whilst he was able to understand Kirk, most of the players couldn't. The problem being that most of the players were monosyllabic whilst Kirk was anything but. Needless to say, game plans were often 'lost in translation'.

But Kirk was never going to succeed as he wasn't a Wellingtonian and didn't understand 'the culture'; something one Mark Hammett is failing abysmally at as well.

.....David Kirk , a highly intelligent rugby player , carried the burden of being handed the All Black captaincy at a crucial time , and as most on here realise and appreciate he WON the World Cup leading from the front in the final.Scored one great try and started JKirwan's one.

Naturally Wellington blame the coach , blame the ref , blame the opposition supporters etc etc.

David Kirk did a lot to restore the popularity of Rugby in NZ , starting the good work carried on by JLomu , DCarter and SBW.

David Kirk ,the face of NZ rugby in the late-80's .

Only bitter , narcissistic, Machiavellian types would try and dig up dirt on DKirk.

Torch - as I have said before the All Blacks are a very ordinary team who rely on a couple of players in McCaw and Carter - both of whom had ordinary games tonight especially Carter who was abysmal.

Barnes had a very good game with the whistle. I think you must have been watching something else.

This is a sign of things to come - I can't wait to see the ABs fail again in the next two months and then hopefully we will see the end of the biggest conman rugby in this country has ever seen in Graham Henry. H

Can Blowjob please have his ban ended? Would be great to know his thoughts now.