RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Von Cettes

ABs v Wallabies

Torch - as I have said before the All Blacks are a very ordinary team who rely on a couple of players in McCaw and Carter - both of whom had ordinary games tonight especially Carter who was abysmal.

Barnes had a very good game with the whistle. I think you must have been watching something else.

This is a sign of things to come - I can't wait to see the ABs fail again in the next two months and then hopefully we will see the end of the biggest conman rugby in this country has ever seen in Graham Henry. H

Hmmm when was the last time the ABs lost 2 in a row?

Hope Henry is looking out from his spot in the stand as the Aussies lift the Tri Nations trophy.

Ordinary they may have been, but then ordinary was enough to do the job it would seem. :D :D

Torch - as I have said before the All Blacks are a very ordinary team who rely on a couple of players in McCaw and Carter - both of whom had ordinary games tonight especially Carter who was abysmal.

Barnes had a very good game with the whistle. I think you must have been watching something else.

This is a sign of things to come - I can't wait to see the ABs fail again in the next two months and then hopefully we will see the end of the biggest conman rugby in this country has ever seen in Graham Henry. H

Yes you are dead right. McCaw was so far off the pace eh? Jesus he would have to be a bionic man to play better.

Waynemeister?? Three crooked Oz throws missed in the 2nd half are a good place to start. An inability to see one of Quades intentional forward passes would be another, and capping off the consistently inconsistent officiating we have his confusing view of what and when players come in from the side.

Lightning does strike twice. Paddy O'Brien will be in damage control for this World Cup as well. The game's rules really are a joke.

I think the two best outcomes - RWC wise - heading into tonights match were either a slaughtering of the wallabies or a narrow loss.

A skin of the teeth narrow win by the ABs would have done more for the wallabies I believe.

Fair point. This game has confirmed that Zac isnt a test player and their selection of Vito was the right one. He was outstanding.

The most pathetic comment i have seen, first off for the 2nd week in a row the TMO has cost the Abs dearly, It should of been a 22m drop-out instead a 5m scrum which puts genia in the position to score. Mccaw was off the PACE! he was superb, turnover ball and round the fringes was unreal. it doesnt help losing 2 startn loose forwards. and i cant believe you are saying Ted is a conman, you dont win 84% of test matches by being a conman. the positive is if the all blacks can play very average and lose by 5points its encouraging

The blind pews on this site.

I can't recall a turnover McCaw made the whole game and anything out of the ordinary he did.

Pocock and the other Oz loosies had the legs on him the whole game and the only advantage McCaw had was in the whingeing stakes to the ref which he once again shone in.

Those of you blaming the ref also need to take your pills.

He let the game flow, didn't make any glaring errors and in any instance the advantages the Oz got was down to their own good game and inepititude of the All Blacks game.

Go back to Coast zzz and shack back up with the other whining inbreds down that way - you were obviously high on the staple diet down that way in moonshine and weed and missed the obvious.

The obvious also is that this is a very average AB team with a stale game plan and an inability to rise to the big occasion.

Spliy Enz got it wrong - History doe repeat.

Take the odds on anyone but the ABs winning the RWC.

and he played 40mins or so with a lock as his compatriot loosie didn't he? he did a decent enough job, I'd expect he is going to be raring to go at the RWC they ahve looked after him all year.

They were clearly keeping their powder dry for the RWC. Aus deserved the win but that 2nd half performance from the ABs wasn't half bad. We got to be worth a 7 pointer with home ground advantage as well?

I can't recall a turnover McCaw made the whole game and anything out of the ordinary he did.

Pocock and the other Oz loosies had the legs on him the whole game and the only advantage McCaw had was in the whingeing stakes to the ref which he once again shone in.

He let the game flow, didn't make any glaring errors and in any instance the advantages the Oz got was down to their own good game and inepititude of the All Blacks game.

Go back to Coast zzz and shack back up with the other whining inbreds down that way - you were obviously high on the staple diet down that way in moonshine and weed and missed the obvious.

The obvious also is that this is a very average AB team with a stale game plan and an inability to rise to the big occasion.

Agree about Pocock,what an outstanding player and could end the W.cup as the best no.7 in the world,must be very close now.The only difference between him and Richie has been that A.Bs have been winning and Oz not,but if that changes over world cup i think Pocock will take that mantel.The A.Bs will improve on that but i would also expect the Wallabies to as well.

As for blaming the ref and TMO ,that pathetic ,as i thought ref had good game and was very lenient on McCaw and Williams at times in the breakdown.

Why was Wayne Barnes refereeing when he is not in the World Cup Ref's list? Doesn't make sense to me at all?

the Ref let the game flow and had no major influence.Oh i get it lets blame the officals again each time we lose.YEAH RIGHT!:y:

Carter once again emphasised his general in play kicking is woefully short of an International. Once he put his boot away the AB's showed they can dominate for periods. Surely Smith can see Carter's kicking is causing the team many heart-stopping moments and is giving the oppo's easy turnover possession. I haven't seen any of the "gutter press" this morning but no doubt, as usual, they will rate him 7.5 to 8 out of 10. My assessment 5.5 to perhaps 6, but, hey, what would I know!

was losing that game.

Clearly we played well below standard in the first half but that was due to the Wallabies pressure. Let's face it, they were up for it at home, and wanted it more, indeed needed it more.

I doubt they could play any better than they did in the first 40.

Guilford showed he's too lightweight at this level, leaving Sivivatu out was a mistake. Losing Read also a blow.

We missed Dagg at the back and Jerome Kaino up front. Second half showed what we can do, and as Richie said, there is very little between the sides, its just who turns up on the day.

Nothing that can't be fixed.

Some selection questions to be answered though before the WC.

Face it the ref had a complete moose. If you let the Aussies push the rules then they just go ridiculous with it. The longer that 1st half went the more the Aussies licked their lips at the thought of ploughing through/around/over rucks, getting offside, and being complete asses off the ball. Watch how often they hold guys legs, impede kick chasers (and yet Toeava gets pinged!), and run in behind one of their own players when under pressure. There were 3 crooked throws in the 2nd half so Im buggered if I know why they bothered to have touchies.

When you have a clown like Barnes in control it is basically a raffle. This Cup will be decided by such clowns. Those who play to the law will succumb.

In saying all that we did have plenty of weaknesses and things to sort out. Primarily we now know Guilford and Thompson are dirt trackers AT BEST and can count their lucky stars that the selection deadline was not today!

"Wayne definitely has his "pets". Zac ahead of Sivi is damn annoying. Sivi had his best ever game in an AB jersey vs Aus the other week. Defensively he was amazing. Zac cant defend to that level, cant break a line or step a man, and has hands like feet. "Gas" is important but Guilford specifically needs everyone inside him to do their jobs perfectly."