RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sheriff

Do we want Wightman here?

Colin Wightman wants to join us, shall we?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Colin Wightman wants to join us, shall we?

• tell him to #### ###

Sniff, Sheriff, je suis ... hurt!

I was one of those 60 'odd', 'queer as folk' people, ha...

But you know me: I'm in favour of letting everyone having a voice!

And he never put on the other site MURRAY MEADS (insert your own NAME for the other 59) is a LIAR, GUTLESS, COWARD.

Would that have encouraged you to

(a) go to Rangiora and give him a spanking.

(B) arranged him an audit by a government agency

© sued him thus enriching the legal beagles.

(d) Ignored the defamation so he could do it again to others.

(d) You would vote for him to come on here.

What are Ya. Pussies or what?

And he never put on the other site MURRAY MEADS (insert your own NAME for the other 59) is a LIAR, GUTLESS, COWARD.

Okay, I can see where you're coming from there, Neil.

I don't know Mr Wightman - and he, so far as I know, doesn't know me - so if he were to run a similar line on me 'over there' he would achieve very little other than to belittle himself in my eyes.

But, even then, I doubt I'd be too riled: just take the three 'putdown' terms one by one:

LIAR

I doubt anyone in here seriously believes I have been 100% honest in all my statements in Race Cafe, heh heh. For example, that 14-inch claim I once made is overstated by, oh, at least 0.5 of an inch... :tongue:

GUTLESS

Oh that I were, lol. I used to be such a thin little thing :e: (and that last statement is 100% true)...

COWARD

Look, there are fools out there who decline to sell The Boss 'Monopoly' properties she needs to complete her set ... or who have walked in front of the TV whilst Ken is in mid-diatribe in 'Coro' ... but those folk's bodies still haven't been found. :eek: Easier, sometimes, to back out, heh heh...

So, by my own admission, I would be Guilty if he - if anyone - called me any or all of those words...

I see the 'No' brigade now have a three-quarter length lead in this Poll so maybe I won't be tested on any of your five options for striking back, heh heh...

And that's all supposing that this applicant really is the Mr Wightman in question...

Best wishes to you - and I hope some rich Arab wants a race-proven NZ broodmare in Sydney at Easter!

Guest Boris

Don't know this Colin guy, but voted in the affirmative just to see what everybody is so insensed about. Must be a real rogue and vagabond by the sounds of things. Very puzzling.

Prop the abuse was gratuitous in that somehow the dog had trawled this site and taken a violent exception to a position I had taken. He thought I was being synchophantic with the then Puller.

He then must have trawled old posts of mine and found my name. There followed that being put up large and bold together with the defamations goading me to come on there to reply to his rant.

Now I am a blue collar guy and I take exception to stuff like that.

The mare could be an investment oppo for someone like you. Leave her there to foal then send her to High Chap and bring her back to NZ. She is a magnificent specimen and I will be sad if she is lost to the NZ breed. Maybe you or Sir Patrick??

The mare could be an investment oppo for someone like you. Leave her there to foal then send her to High Chap and bring her back to NZ. She is a magnificent specimen and I will be sad if she is lost to the NZ breed. Maybe you or Sir Patrick??

Love that

72 readers obviously don't know him or have never been to Channel 2 to read his sad missives.

Well, I doubt I know more than 3 of the people who use this site, Helmut, and - given that - random abuse of me is like water off a duck's back...

I'm all for letting folk say what they like - within certain legal boundaries, of course...

Mind you, Nerula, earlier in this thread, rightly points out that I might have a different opinion if it had been me - and not him, Nerula - who'd been slurred by CW on 'Channel 2'...

I rather regard CW as I do St. Winston - he seems to always have folk talking about him and he rarely produces anything of value to me, heh heh...

Well, I doubt I know more than 3 of the people who use this site, Helmut, and - given that - random abuse of me is like water off a duck's back...

I'm all for letting folk say what they like - within certain legal boundaries, of course...

Mind you, Nerula, earlier in this thread, rightly points out that I might have a different opinion if it had been me - and not him, Nerula - who'd been slurred by CW on 'Channel 2'...

I rather regard CW as I do St. Winston - he seems to always have folk talking about him and he rarely produces anything of value to me, heh heh...

The nutters from the other site will say the poll was rigged... but at least he wont be coming here anytime soon... great news.. you only got to look at the amount of traffic here compared to that site to know the reason for their minute traffic, CW ..or collie dog would be the single biggest negative to the site traffic.

But, scoob, I could easily envisage Colin doing a Winston and saying:

'Look, the reality is that this poll was just a beat-up. But look at the facts. I did no polling on my own - indeed, I never even officially entered - and yet I recorded 70 votes. If I ever officially run, I'll only need to get 12 switch voters. I'll do way better! The meejya won't tell you that, though. In the meantime, though, I'm happy to just for the Member for Rangiora...'

But, scoob, I could easily envisage Colin doing a Winston and saying:

'Look, the reality is that this poll was just a beat-up. But look at the facts. I did no polling on my own - indeed, I never even officially entered - and yet I recorded 70 votes. If I ever officially run, I'll only need to get 12 switch voters. I'll do way better! The meejya won't tell you that, though. In the meantime, though, I'm happy to just for the Member for Rangiora...'

We want Colin

I ASK AGAIN....Who is Wightman????

AND....what is this channel 2 you speak of???

The last bastion of free speech on all things racing.

C. Whiteman is a person who ruffles a few feathers because of his forhright style and dogged investigative ways..Who more often than not exposes all the shams and charlatans of the racing game...And that is why he is feared in in here.

But I doubt very much that it was he who sent the email as he is much to smart for that and hates the poisonous dwarf (Quentin Crisp) with a passion.

C. Whiteman is a person who ruffles a few feathers because of his forhright style and dogged investigative ways..Who more often than not exposes all the shams and charlatans of the racing game...And that is why he is feared in in here.

But I doubt very much that it was he who sent the email as he is much to smart for that and hates the poisonous dwarf (Quentin Crisp) with a passion.

What a total tosser.... he is a sad vindictive loser in the game..has never been successful at anything in racing and hates anyone who has or has any influence.. oracle you need to take of the beer goggles there.

who talk such nonsense and adjust the facts so materially as this bloke. He has the effect of destroying any interesting debate because he wants to comment on every matter. Once the abnormalities of his facts are disclosed, he then attacks the person.

who talk such nonsense and adjust the facts so materially as this bloke. He has the effect of destroying any interesting debate because he wants to comment on every matter. Once the abnormalities of his facts are disclosed, he then attacks the person.

I can see why you would have an axe to grind berri after he exposed you raceO scam.

I can see why you would have an axe to grind berri after he exposed you raceO scam.

Race-O isn't a scam...the component of the racing industry that it represents is probably one of the answers to the woes of racing. It's still in operation but within a different business structure and it will be offered to racing but slightly changed to take into account the number of different comments made during the subsequent market research project. The only way to see what worked and what didn't was to launch it.

Race-O was just one of the hundred different things Wrongman tried to denegrade....but as he always did...he got all the facts wrong...as you have with your delightful use of words. Are you his brother, lover or inmate partner?

What a hypocrite you are........ and I am in no way related to colin whiteman or involved with him in any way.. But I do admire his grittyness when getting to the heart of the issues, Something that you obvisiouly dislike after being shown up by him.

You are bringing Raceo back to solve racing woes. It is so wonderful to have this product back after an absence of so many years and everyone thinking you had just shot through with the funds.

Is Sir Patrick still involved he really understands about betting products.

When does it start again in NZ ?

What a hypocrite you are........ and I am in no way related to colin whiteman or involved with him in any way.. But I do admire his grittyness when getting to the heart of the issues, Something that you obvisiouly dislike after being shown up by him.

Grittyness must not be confused with providing misrepresentations and misinformation.....something you would be wisely counselled not to do. You obviously do not know of Wrongman's work and voted to allow him to come back to this site.

Unlike most, I don't hide behind a nom de plume and stand squarely to face debate and I definately wasn't ever "shown up" by Wrongman.

As for Race-O...it is not the answer to our woes...the principle of it is one of the many components required, that if introduced to work synergistically, could help our industry. It is not a golden bullet.

Does free speech include telling porkies, slandering people and being selctive in his posts make him a suitable voice of NZ racing. He seems to think he is based on what he posts on channel 2 including quotes from the press which never actually happened and also reference to a horse that he suggested was interfered with over NZ cup week. The latter was removed very quickly probably as a result of the owner or trainer making contact with the site owner.

If you want that and all the other conspiracy theories he comes up with good luck to you , best you becomes mates , he has very few of them if any in racing.