RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Emotive

Cyberbullying

I enjoy debate, I do. A reasoned, intelligent discussion relevant to the topic of the day which includes opinions from all points of view. I may not agree with all those who make comment, but I do defend the right to hold an opinion as long as deliberate harm is not the intention.

Cyberbullying is not just the domain of adolescence, no, not at all. It has grown rapidly in recent years and has become an accepted practice by a large percentage of our adult population. Written thoughts have the power to inspire and history is full of quotes that changed lives for the better. But written thought can also cause great harm, undermining individual self-worth, in the extreme cause death.

Most who make comment here on Racecafe are not personally known to me. I see the forum as an opportunity to discuss in earnest, issues that affect our sport/industry. I try always to share my opinion in a respectful manner, unfortunately, occasionally I have retaliated in kind when spoken to in a deliberately derogatory manner. For that, I apologise.

Anonymity does not excuse bad behaviour. And yes I can hear a couple of grumbles from the membership about "growing some", "It's par for the course". To those who hold such views, I would like to say this, a man, woman, and child will commit suicide this week, not because one person made a nasty comment, but because they were stripped collectively of their self-worth by the masses. 

We are monitored here by many, if you wish to have your voice heard, to affect change, then please share your thoughts in a manner that reaches the most readers. Name calling and smart arse quips negate any point you may be trying to make.

Have a great day all, may the force be with you.

Totally agree Emotive.The best response to those losers that bag or bad mouth other people via cyber anonimity is to not waste time replying and then put them in the F;\][ wit category and dont waste a second more letting them in your thoughts.

There is another greyhound chat which is a toxic rubbish dump of people (not all but most) that get enjoyment at bagging and firing cheapshots at other people involved in the sport.

AC