RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Racing Stalwart passes.

Great fella, I remember playing in a Cambridge Jockey Club golf tournament as I shuffled up to the tee at the par three and I really appreciated the odds he gave me to knock it on the green a nicely hit crisp 8 iron was the money shot , thanks and all the best Kevin RIP

A Larger than life character. When Sir Avion deadheated with Smart Hunter in the 2001 Mercedes Great Northern Steeplechase, he was like a dog with two bones! Also, that race will always be remembered for Keith Haub’s great call. He actually called the deadheat. Mr O’Connor was pretty chuffed! 

2 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

I first met Kevin through Ron Denby . Kevin and Mrs O'Connor bred a few to Avon Valley and got a very smart horse about the time that Hec Tapper

had Avon's Lord. 

Can not remember Kevin's one. A black gelding maybe called Avon's  ?? 

A great man.

May have been AVON SONG.5wins

Also the dam of Sir Avion was by Avon Valley.

41 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

May have been AVON SONG.5wins

Also the dam of Sir Avion was by Avon Valley.

Crusty it was in deed AVON'S SONG.  I tried to edit my own post and had a red wine and remembered.  Kevin Trained and I think he raced in Aussie.. ...very good memories for Kevin's family !!